Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about the guy, or QPR, but have got to admit I'm a bit worried. I mean, he's only managed 12 games, at championship level - and people were worried about the Pedro Martins guy (who I also know very little about)!

I'm worried that this could be the latest in a long line of dodgy decisions, and the one that consigns us to the championship.

Right now, I think I'd rather have Nuno - but that might just be a fear of the unknown...

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's also got huge amount of experience for his age. Obviously ambitious, although that doesn't mean much.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are all looking for a big name, let's just give him a chance.

Just watched this and he speaks very very well.

I’ve watched this twice now and it actually makes me feel worse. It’s cliched and doesn’t actually say anything that any fan wouldn’t say. We all want to watch attacking football. His things to do when entering a club could have come from the FAs new managers manual page 1. He really didn’t inspire me. He’s got one of those voices, like Colin Lee’s that is almost a monotone and so boring it sends you to sleep. If he was the ‘inspiration’ behind Villa last season, just think Bruno outsmarted them in April.

He has 3 years experience of being an assistant coach at 1st team level and 15 games as Manager. 4 years at U23s and the rest at different age groups from U8s to U18s. What suggests he can get a club out of relegation trouble? I suppose he knows the Championship.

W

WasStefan

Daily Mail report that Beale speaks some Portuguese.

It’s like my Spanish “Hola 2 estrellas please”
Dos cervezas por favor

Critical words to learn in any language, gets a bit more testing when the dragon requests some random ****ty martini, mind

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Fluent Portuguese so possibly a bit better
Where do you know this from? All I can see is he was assistant manager at Sao Paolo for 12 games in 2017 and then he went straight back to Liverpool.
6 months doesn't strike me as a long time to become fluent

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An English coach that speaks Portuguese. Very highly thought of as an up and coming coach. Worked at Liverpool and helped Gerrard win the SPL title at Rangers. Why not give it a go? It will make a change from the worn out has beens that have been toted around.

One comment that emphasised his qualities was the remark that Gerrard has struggled at Villa since Beale went to QPR. Says a lot to me.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One comment that emphasised his qualities was the remark that Gerrard has struggled at Villa since Beale went to QPR. Says a lot to me.
Gerrard has struggled at Villa for a long while, including with Beale.

2 wins from their final 11 games as a pair there, including being totally outplayed by Lage's Wolves. Even our useless end to the season still saw us more games in that same timeframe.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah they were only attracted to him by his name
Add to it Frank Lampard who got the Chelsea gig off less than 50 championship games. That’s two massive profile jobs gone to a novice.

I’m not advocating him, apart from watching one QPR game this season I don’t know a great deal about him but I think to completely disregard him or his abilities is a tad crazy.

The whole “experience” bit is OTT with some. Bruce has a 1000 games under his massive belt but I wouldn’t want him.

The big pro for him over the Gestifute list (barring Nuno) is that he knows the uniqueness of English football, there’ll be no culture shock to him

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Where do you know this from? All I can see is he was assistant manager at Sao Paolo for 12 games in 2017 and then he went straight back to Liverpool.
6 months doesn't strike me as a long time to become fluent
A few of the earlier tweets linking him. Also the qpr forum mentioned that he spoke Portuguese

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He must have had one impressive interview.

Fans generally tend to overlook the fact that Shi and Co will have had a chance to spend a bit of time with candidates.

In the real world, experience is on paper, character is entirely judged in interview situation. Clearly something similar can happen in the football world. He didn't get the job because of HIS CV!

dewolf1

Reaction score
The biggest issue of all is that he won't galvanize the support behind him. It's going to be very toxic very soon if results don't turn immediately. "One of the best young coaches in the country" was what they said about Mark Mcghee!!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arteta was a top level player who gained experience by working daily under top coaches and then worked side-by-side with arguably the best coach in world football in Guardiola, so there's absolutely no link with Beale's situation.

In addition, even if Arteta is hopeless, he has huge financial backing and an excellent squad to bail him out anyway, unlike Beale - or indeed any coach - here. We don't have the luxury of Gabriel Jesus nicking us a win even if our coach gets all his tactics wrong. Top clubs have more room to make poor managerial appointments without too much collateral damage - clubs in the PL relegation fight don't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member (smith)

Dos cervezas por favor

Critical words to learn in any language, gets a bit more testing when the dragon requests some random ****ty martini, mind

I just visited my younger brother in Italy ( he has lived there more than 30 years ) ….he said do not try your Italian out it’s embarrassing because they understand your English so much better than they will understand your Italian. And never order two beers in Spanish.

Duas cervejas por favor with a Russian accent May do it in Portugal …otherwise stick to English …although I am not sure my brother ever met anyone who spoke black country English.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He must have had one impressive interview.

Fans generally tend to overlook the fact that Shi and Co will have had a chance to spend a bit of time with candidates.

In the real world, experience is on paper, character is entirely judged in interview situation. Clearly something similar can happen in the football world. He didn't get the job because of HIS CV!
They havent spoken to him yet

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixed feelings but I will say this is a forward thinking appointment. Not mendes, very highly respected, plays a style to suit the players, huge potential, knows the english game (which was an issue for lage for sure).

Looking forwards to sunday if we get this one over the line.

W

WasStefan

I just visited my younger brother in Italy ( he has lived there more than 30 years ) ….he said do not try your Italian out it’s embarrassing because they understand your English so much better than they will understand your Italian. And never order two beers in Spanish.

Duas cervejas por favor with a Russian accent May do it in Portugal …otherwise stick to English …although I am not sure my brother ever met anyone who spoke black country English.
ok :D

Back
Top Bottom