Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

McNumpty

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think this thread is about MM's managerial capabilities - that has been done to death many times over. It's more about his public outburst which shows a lack of self discipline and self control. This is just inviting criticism of him as a person.
Maybe he feels he should fight fire with fire.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect fit for us at the time. We were on our **** and the best thing we got was mick who was deemed in the same sense as a manager. He was a back to basics manager and we needed to be a back to basics club and it worked a treat. Loved our first 3/4 years under him. Won’t forget what he did and will always have time for him.

Reaction score
I loved Mick. My favourite Wolves manager since having a season ticket - 1993. I remember the opening game of the season away at Plymouth. Totally ****ed it down and got soaked walking from train station.

He took over after Hoddle had ripped the heart out of the club. The squad was ****e. We chucked in a bunch of kids and we won. The feelgood factor was back. It was an us against the world siege mentality and he built a team of nobody's without any money. I think we just missed out on the playoffs. We had a captain from Wednesfield who gave a ****. Made me proud again.

We haven't had a manager to touch him since until Nuno came along.

S

ShropshireLad

I loved Mick. My favourite Wolves manager since having a season ticket - 1993. I remember the opening game of the season away at Plymouth. Totally ****ed it down and got soaked walking from train station.

He took over after Hoddle had ripped the heart out of the club. The squad was ****e. We chucked in a bunch of kids and we won. The feelgood factor was back. It was an us against the world siege mentality and he built a team of nobody's without any money. I think we just missed out on the playoffs. We had a captain from Wednesfield who gave a ****. Made me proud again.

I have a lot of respect for what Kenny contributed to the club but I agree that he isn't in the same league as Nuno.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a massive soft spot for Mick. Hard working bloke who got hard working players for a hard working team from a hard working town to the premier league and put some noses out of joint.

And he was right to call us out for booing keough too.

Good on you sir
Completely disagree. He focused on hard work to the exclusion of everything else. For top managers like Nuno, SAF, Mourinho, Wenger etc. Hard work is a given not the be all and end all, their focus is on how they want the team to play and it sure ain’t huff and puff.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's rode his luck this season with their start. They have 4 wins but 3 of those wins but they've come against Burton, Bolton, Sunderland. They've lost 4 of their last 6. Decent result today but Preston have now lost three on the bounce themselves and judging by their performance here they tried to out Mick, Mick.

Forever grateful for 2006-2010 but the writings on the wall for me.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the guy who on the downward spiral with us called us nuggets and numptys.. it seems he hasn't mellowed with age. Part of me admires it, part of me thinks he needs to keep his thoughts to himself. Outside of the heat of football, I know a couple of people who have met him and say what a good bloke he is. I have quite a bit of time for him, but his time with us is long gone.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree. He focused on hard work to the exclusion of everything else. For top managers like Nuno, SAF, Mourinho, Wenger etc. Hard work is a given not the be all and end all, their focus is on how they want the team to play and it sure ain’t huff and puff.

I know what you mean mate, genuinely. But mick had a shoe string budget operating under completely different circumstances. We are lucky (very lucky) to have fosun and nuno backing/leading us. It isn't comparable in my opinion.

Worth remembering we were favourites to be relegated when Mick took us over....and he didn't have too much to spend and go us out the league in his third year.

Credit where it's due

S

Shifnal Wolf

Marcus Evans or whatever his name is has mega money so I’m surprised he has never backed Mick.

What Mick has done with that dreadful squad is nothing short of a miracle.

Look at their squad and the value of it, they are pee poor!

If their fans get their wish, they will be relegated within 2 years.

They should be focussing their frustration on their owner IMO

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the guy who on the downward spiral with us called us nuggets and numptys.. it seems he hasn't mellowed with age. Part of me admires it, part of me thinks he needs to keep his thoughts to himself. Outside of the heat of football, I know a couple of people who have met him and say what a good bloke he is. I have quite a bit of time for him, but his time with us is long gone.
He's a grumpy old sod isn't he? Many of us will get there one day. Still the grumpy sod who gave us our best finishing positions for three decades.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So have Wagstaffe, Bailey, Richards and a multitude of others mentioned every day on here. Because it's a wolves message board and people enjoy talking about the past, present and future of our wonderful club.
How often do they get mentioned?That's right very infrequently.Mick Morgan and Moxey keep popping up .They are almost the new Godwin's Law.

Coffs Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
A sample of McNumpty's "honesty".

"It hurts me because it can affect the players, but it doesn't bother me.
"In fact, there's more chance of him not going on when they start telling me what to do."

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

These are My thoughts mate too. Me, my dad and his mate also went Plymouth, absolutely lashed it down, remember kightly scoring. Wouldn't go back there wasn't a pub within 5 miles of the ground!!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
These are My thoughts mate too. Me, my dad and his mate also went Plymouth, absolutely lashed it down, remember kightly scoring. Wouldn't go back there wasn't a pub within 5 miles of the ground!!
I know one or two

Nige

Reaction score
Mick was our most successful manager in 20-30 years, people should show more respect IMO, from when he came in to where he finished up (in the premier league) he did well.
That's a record that's not gonna last very long now... Thank God...

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The longer they stay in the game, the longer the likes of Mick, Warnock, Hodgson etc all seem to become caricatures of themselves.

D

Deleted member 3518

Was there for the weekend, pub just above the ground.

Left early to get the bus back to the town centre and got that wet walking through the park, went in the shower back at the hotel to get dry!!:(

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How often do they get mentioned?

Often. John Richards as an example was mentioned today on the verdict thread and also yesterday one the "best championship player" thread. Wagstaffe I just did a search one and saw loads of results too. They're mentioned loads and you know what, that's fine. Why do you care so much about people talking about former Wolves people. On a wolves board. You could always not read a thread if not of interest?

That's right very infrequently.
Eh? You are literally having a conversation with yourself.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time Mick has a rant like this, it gets publicity.

Every time Mick does this, it's when he's having a period in a job where it looks like his job could be close to an end.

Every time his job ends, because of said publicity, he gets a job on the BBC or a newspaper column. The media, especially the BBC, love his "honesty".

He knows exactly what he's doing.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Often. John Richards as an example was mentioned today on the verdict thread and also yesterday one the "best championship player" thread. Wagstaffe I just did a search one and saw loads of results too. They're mentioned loads and you know what, that's fine. Why do you care so much about people talking about former Wolves people. On a wolves board. You could always not read a thread if not of interest?

Eh? You are literally having a conversation with yourself.
I am fully aware that there are threads about former players but generally they are in a favourable light and that is fair enough .
The thing is every time Mick Morgan and Moxey get dragged up it polarises opinions or just drags up the same old phrases- the way Mick spoke to fans here/he shouldn't have been sacked etc- Morgan didn't spend enough/Moxey was paid too much .
Every time you get posters saying they have gone and why bring them up again and the old arguments keep going round and round again so I am not alone .They have gone and thankfully we have moved on to better things and that was my point.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly as I see it.

Love Mick but you can't appeal for unity and support whilst talking to the fanbase like that.

Considering it came after his substitution helped them win a game, he could have been a little more gracious and shown a little more class.

He's generally done a pretty decent job there so a shame if it ends in acrimonious circumstances.

Agree with that. While he probably does have a point, i dont think he needs to antagonise whats already an obvious strained relationship between him and the Ipswich support.

I've been saying it for a while, he needs to get out of there for his own good. He needs a change of environment. He seems a bit unstable in that interview tbh. Making comments like he deliberately doesn't bring on a player because the fans chant for him is just idiotic, and it cant help his relationship with that particular player either. I think he has gone as far as he will with them, and i think Ipswich for good or bad probably need to move on as well.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obligatory Mick thread for this month.

Can we just leave the man in the past and move on. As least we've managed to do this with Dave Edwards so some small mercies I suppose.

K

kaohsiungwolf

I don't think this thread is about MM's managerial capabilities - that has been done to death many times over. It's more about his public outburst which shows a lack of self discipline and self control. This is just inviting criticism of him as a person.

It's called character no? Something sadly lacking in the snowflake world we're in today.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's called character no? Something sadly lacking in the snowflake world we're in today.
Oh there is no doubt MM has character and as I have stated many times, I was a big fan of him whilst he was in charge of Wolves. My point is that he is a high profile guy who has let himself down with an abusive rant. How can he expect his players to behave appropriately when he leads by this example. He needs to just get on with the job until told otherwise by his superiors.
I can't see anyone else capable of getting much more out of what Ipswich have so their fans maybe ought to be careful what they wish for.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick’s like that girlfriend that you spent a good few years with before it ended badly. The bitter ending taints the good memories.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, well known for being from and starting his career at Barnsley, but never quite trusted him after finding out despite that he grew up supporting Leeds.

That’s a wrong’un if ever there was supporting the local big club over your own town.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, well known for being from and starting his career at Barnsley, but never quite trusted him after finding out despite that he grew up supporting Leeds.

That’s a wrong’un if ever there was supporting the local big club over your own town.
So using your logic, it would be wrong to support Wolves if you lived close by to West Brom? :D

Back
Top Bottom