Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

McNumpty

D

Deleted member 4453

surprised by their decent start but starting to struggle now.
Should be ok, at the expense of entertainment mind.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmm. Sounds like someone losing the plot. I admire his honesty and determination but for someone in the public eye, he should show a little more restraint.
Sad to see really and that's coming from a Mick fan.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear I think pre-senile dementia has set in.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I like Mick, perhaps didn’t at the time- but like anything in life- you mellow after time. I think it is time he just leaves Ipswich now. It’s gone past the point of no return in footballing terms. He’d be able to get jobs elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 5276

I find him completely insufferable.
You ever met him? He's actually great company.

Sure, the game has moved on and his style and his methods are outdated but he's a really good man manager. Players like him because they know where they stand with him. At Ipswich it's the usual thing of fan expectations outweighing what the Board is prepared to finance.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sure, the game has moved on and his style and his methods are outdated but he's a really good man manager. Players like him because they know where they stand with him. At Ipswich it's the usual thing of fan expectations outweighing what the Board is prepared to finance.

Never met him. I respect some of his achievements here but I find his outlook on the game very dated and his personality obnoxious. I appreciate some people value his honesty/bluntness but his rants are tedious and he used to talk utter nonsense after a lot of our games.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Has it really moved on though? Neil Warnock is nearly 70 and still at his best, he hasn't changed at all. Give McCarthy £10m and he'd get pretty much any team in the Championship into the top 6.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Mmm. Sounds like someone losing the plot. I admire his honesty and determination but for someone in the public eye, he should show a little more restraint.
Sad to see really and that's coming from a Mick fan.

Exactly as I see it.

Love Mick but you can't appeal for unity and support whilst talking to the fanbase like that.

Considering it came after his substitution helped them win a game, he could have been a little more gracious and shown a little more class.

He's generally done a pretty decent job there so a shame if it ends in acrimonious circumstances.

D

Deleted member 5276

Never met him. I respect some of his achievements here but I find his outlook on the game very dated and his personality obnoxious. I appreciate some people value his honesty/bluntness but his rants are tedious and he used to talk utter nonsense after a lot of our games.
I understand your viewpoint. I met him a week after he'd been fired by Wolves. He looked haunted and when I spoke to him you could tell how much it hurt him. He loved Wolves, he loved living and working in Wolverhampton and he was just what we needed when we appointed him. He created the last really exciting team we had IMO. We can argue about Jackett's team but Mick's Wolves that won the Championship played some great stuff and had the killer instinct. He's now at a good club and he has done some good work there. It's never good when you fall out with the fans and usually it signifies the beginning of the end. I like Mick and I kind of like Ipswich....hopefully a calmness will descend.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Sunderland supporting mate of mine has just sent me a text, saying that Mick has stated that he would relish the chance of returning to them.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Sunderland supporting mate of mine has just sent me a text, saying that Mick has stated that he would relish the chance of returning to them.
The state that they are in, they could do far worse. I am sure he would get them back on an even footing although it probably wouldn't be pretty and wouldn't be a long term project.

W

we8wba

I like mick and he's done a great job at Ipswich which there fans are very much overlooking with him barely spending a dime

But....

He's his own worst enemy, the lad on loan scored the other week vs burton and what did mick say in his press conference; I pick the team, not the fans the more they chant the less likely he will feature

Surely that's cutting your nose of spite your face. The lad should be picked on merit regardless of fans and micks views

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did a great job in getting us up but is now a footballing dinosaur.

D

Deleted member 5340

A few years back my younger sister, who worked in the offices down Molinuex,was moving on to a new job.

She and some of the other office staff went out to Wombourne tandoori for her leaving meal.
About an hour into the festivities, Mick popped in saying he was sorry he missed her earlier on and had come down to wish her all the best .

He stayed for a while having a chat with all the folks that were there before again wishing her well in her new job and for the future before leaving.

After finishing the grub followed by more drinks and wotnot,my Sis asked for the bill for the table.

The waiter came back over to say that there was no bill to pay as Mick had left his card details and paid for the lot.

So regardless of anyone views of him as a manager, as a bloke, for me that's top drawer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years back my younger sister, who worked in the offices down Molinuex,was moving on to a new job.

She and some of the other office staff went out to Wombourne tandoori for her leaving meal.
About an our into the festivities, Mick popped in saying he was sorry he missed her earlier on and had come down to wish her all the best .

He stayed for a while having a chat with all the folks that were there before again wishing her well in her new job and for the future before leaving.

After finishing the grub followed by more drinks and wotnot,my sis asked for the bill for the table.

The waiter came back over to say that there was no bill to pay as Mick had left his card details and paid for the lot.

So regardless of anyone views of him as a manager, as a bloke, for me that's top drawer.
And that's not the first such story I have heard. That's why it's such a shame that he has these occasional outbursts which are both unecessary and invite criticism of him as a person.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like mick and he's done a great job at Ipswich which there fans are very much overlooking with him barely spending a dime

But....

He's his own worst enemy, the lad on loan scored the other week vs burton and what did mick say in his press conference; I pick the team, not the fans the more they chant the less likely he will feature

Surely that's cutting your nose of spite your face. The lad should be picked on merit regardless of fans and micks views
And therein lies the essence of Mad Mick, STUBBORN.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how many have forgotten that they used to sing, "Super, super Mick McCarthy."
I don't think this thread is about MM's managerial capabilities - that has been done to death many times over. It's more about his public outburst which shows a lack of self discipline and self control. This is just inviting criticism of him as a person.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

About an hour into the festivities, Mick popped in saying he was sorry he missed her earlier on and had come down to wish her all the best .

After finishing the grub followed by more drinks and wotnot,my Sis asked for the bill for the table.

Love this! I have a similar story. When my brother was about to go off to Aghanistan for the first time, my parents wrote to the club to ask if they could read out a good luck message at the game, before he left, y'know? Anyway, they did all that, and he also had a personal letter from Mick, wishing him all the best, stay safe and all that, and saying once he was back, he would sort him some tickets to come and watch a game. I think we've still got the letter somewhere!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick will accommodate us!!! I remember that well!! What a utter drip he was always on his way out after words like that

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"
" I don't give a ****e about that, by the way. He didn't go on because of that, let me just clear that up.

"In fact, there's more chance of him not going on when they start telling me what to do. And yes, I am a belligerent ****. Let's just clear that up."

So basically his arrogance and eagerness to get one over the fans is more important than making the best footballing decision.
How very pofessional by him. Couldn't stand him when he was in charge of us and unprofessional comments like this remind me why.
. I've massive respect for his ability to turn below average teams to genuine contenders and on a personal level I've no problem as Ive only heard good things about people meeting him. However this "me vs everyone who criticizes me" reflects very badly on him.

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom