Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

McNumpty

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shows his class here for me.

Class act Mick

Was enjoying the clip until that greasy turd popped up towards the end. His shallow words even more ridiculous given he went on to throw Connor to the Wolves instead of appointing a proper manager.

Thank god he (Moxey) is nothing to do with our club anymore

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The "traditional" Wolves style you refer to under Cullis and in many ways replicated by Mick was ripped a new one by Barcelona playing a totally different style of football.

Yes I knew that, my not so smiley was manifesting the memory of the what, .... 9-3 scoreline, something like that!

It was definitely the end of an era, the Honved days done and dusted!!

I wonder when the Barca style total football started? Our glory days are always associated with the Honved win yet, as I have mentioned before on here, we beat the five in a row Real Madrid European Cup winners, in 57 at the height of their powers and drew with them at Santiago Bernabeu which rarely gets mentioned but which I think was much more impressive !!

Anyway, history now but we stand on the threshold of a new golden age for the Wolves, or more correctly, a new old golden age!

Bring it on......!

D

Deleted member 3518

Yes I knew that, my not so smiley was manifesting the memory of the what, .... 9-3 scoreline, something like that!

It was definitely the end of an era, the Honved days done and dusted!!

I wonder when the Barca style total football started? Our glory days are always associated with the Honved win yet, as I have mentioned before on here, we beat the five in a row Real Madrid European Cup winners, in 57 at the height of their powers and drew with them at Santiago Bernabeu which rarely gets mentioned but which I think was much more impressive !!

Anyway, history now but we stand on the threshold of a new golden age for the Wolves, or more correctly, a new old golden age!

Bring it on......!

As you say , bring it on!:D

You'd have loved a discussion with my dad, starting following the Wolves home and away shortly after WW1 and had a season ticket for 38 years, couldn't believe he went to away games but he did!!!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you say , bring it on!:D

You'd have loved a discussion with my dad, starting following the Wolves home and away shortly after WW1 and had a season ticket for 38 years, couldn't believe he went to away games but he did!!!

Seriously impressive!!! Would have been a treat to hear from him about the Old teams and the great teams .... how lucky you were Rhos!!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can confirm WOTW Mick absolutely loved the Wolves and his time here

I wonder where we rank for Mick on his list of clubs managed? Are we his favourite? Does he like them all? I think he has now managed Ipswich longer than he managed us but then hasn't achieved the same success and likewise the same rapport with the fans

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder where we rank for Mick on his list of clubs managed? Are we his favourite? Does he like them all? I think he has now managed Ipswich longer than he managed us but then hasn't achieved the same success and likewise the same rapport with the fans

Managing Wolves was easily his happiest time in club management, he loved this club and the area.

However I believe the Ireland job was a huge thing for him particularly 2002

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managing Wolves was easily his happiest time in club management, he loved this club and the area.

However I believe the Ireland job was a huge thing for him particularly 2002

Nice one mate, I am getting the vibe that you are a personal friend of his

Not surprised about Ireland, leading your country to a World Cup is special but glad that we're still his favourite club!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This says a lot about why we have been where we have been these past 30 years. Until we got Nuno we had predominantly journeymen managers.

I Totally agree mate, only Nuno and to a lesser degree Mick were managers who have managed to take us forward as a club.
OK Kenny did get us out of Division 1 in style but we should never have been relegated in the first place....

In Nuno we trust! :):):)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I Totally agree mate, only Nuno and to a lesser degree Mick were managers who have managed to take us forward as a club.
OK Kenny did get us out of Division 1 in style but we should never have been relegated in the first place....

In Nuno we trust! :):):)

Tbf, I think Jackett did a much better job than people tend to give him credit. You only have to look at Leeds, Forest, Sheff W, Sheff U, Preston etc to know that you can get stuck in League One. Kenny got us out first season, with a record points tally. Totally agree that we shouldn't have been there to begin with, but you can't knock that season we had under Kenny.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I'd have thought people would have mellowed about him in the last 5 years, to be fair if I'd have seen him in Sainsbury's in the year after he was sacked I'd have needed to grab the nearest two OAP's to hold me back from trying to deck him. But today I appreciate that he did a good job overall and it wasn't until he left that we found out what that raspberry faced ****** was really like.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, I think Jackett did a much better job than people tend to give him credit. You only have to look at Leeds, Forest, Sheff W, Sheff U, Preston etc to know that you can get stuck in League One. Kenny got us out first season, with a record points tally. Totally agree that we shouldn't have been there to begin with, but you can't knock that season we had under Kenny.

Jade Wolf I do agree that Kenny did do a good job for us during his time as manager.
I was just pointing out that I believe Nuno and Mick to have been in a different league when it comes down to taking the club to a higher level.
I did say that Kenny got us out of Division 1 in style. For that he will always deserve our appreciation. ;):)

D

Deleted member 4594

Jade, Jackett had a huge budget for leage 1 and a player in Sako earning 25k a week. He did a good job, but in the championship he was over negative.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Micks time with us really has nothing to do with this outburst as Ipswich manager. Whatever he did here is irrelevant, that outburst was stupid when the fans are already against him. I really think he is losing the plot a bit there. I dont think he is happy as manager there, and the fans dont seem happy with him either. A parting of the ways would be better for both of them imo.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Micks time with us really has nothing to do with this outburst as Ipswich manager. Whatever he did here is irrelevant, that outburst was stupid when the fans are already against him. I really think he is losing the plot a bit there. I dont think he is happy as manager there, and the fans dont seem happy with him either. A parting of the ways would be better for both of them imo.

Agree.

And also some need to remember that what’s happening there should have no bearing on how he’s remembered here, which in all fairness should be very fondly. He achieved something we had been craving for here and gave us something to identify with as fans. Had his limits but what did we expect? But what he did for us with his ability was great and I for one will never forget the good times that we had under his tenure

Back
Top Bottom