Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Slim chance' is correct though. Highly unlikely we finish top six, unlikely we finish top seven (although there's a chance) and even then 7th might not get Europe

We still have a slim chance, but this is the same as the fabled West Brom 'business decision'. Do you push the boat out for a player who may enhance your slim chance of qualifying and if you do, you might break even on that player deal, or do you accept that even with the player, you probably won't make Europe, so no point splashing out for a few months of forlorn hope that you might end up regretting

Keep your funds and rebuild with a plan in the summer. Frustrating as hell as a fan when it's almost in touching distance but it's the reality of it. A failed investment sends us backwards, and the odds aren't/weren't in our favour for it to succeed

Don’t we ridicule West Brom for that?

And again, I genuinely don’t see why it has to be seen as ‘unlikely’ the more I think about it. West Ham and Brighton have Europe to contend with, Chelsea are unpredictable and Newcastle aren’t playing well.

I certainly wouldn’t have us as favourites but it’s up for grabs.

I would accept your point if I was advocating spending a massive sum. I’m not. Loans with an option. Keep players. Just don’t make us worse!

I also don’t get on board with the idea adding in the summer will help. Firstly, we all expect Neto to go. Secondly, even if we spent £100m on top of what we get for Neto (we obviously won’t but just play along) do you think we’ll definitely be in the hunt for 7th next season? I don’t think it’s a guarantee by any means. In fact, this opportunity may genuinely never come round again.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did the sub gesture immediately and looked in some pain (and perhaps a little upset). I wasn't totally sure what he'd done exactly or how tbh. Bellegarde I noticed was then sent straight out to warm up and was called back to the dugout to get ready to come on after about a minute. Cunha then got up and from what I saw O'Neil seemed to then be asking him if he should bring the sub on and Cunha I think was suggesting he'd see if he could run on it. He tried for perhaps a split second and then gestured back to O'Neil to come off. Thats as I saw it anyhow?
Exactly the same as I saw it
Clear view from where I sit

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a separate incident to when he went down after Collins (I think) tackled him near the edge of their box? I was a bit surprised when they said hamstring as I thought he'd maybe done his ankle a bit initially, and was asked to see how it was. Maybe a completely separate injury?
I thought he'd simply taken a knock at first, but noticed he did keep clutching his hamstring. I hope its nothing major, but it didn't look great to me from what I saw and just judging from the reactions all round?

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
He had a hamstring problem in the Brentford cup game during extra time and required treatment, so looks like its been an issue for a while. Only going from memory here (which isnt perfect these days) but fairly sure it was the right one both times. Just hope its a couple of weeks rest and not a longer period out of action like Neto & Hodge had.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he'd simply taken a knock at first, but noticed he did keep clutching his hamstring. I hope its nothing major, but it didn't look great to me from what I saw and just judging from the reactions all round?
lets hope not - hamstring is usually 4-6 weeks. I did one a while back, and it was painful (took me longer as older ;)

but physio said minimum for ANY hamstring injury is 4 weeks and usually 6 upwards

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lets hope not - hamstring is usually 4-6 weeks. I did one a while back, and it was painful (took me longer as older ;)

but physio said minimum for ANY hamstring injury is 4 weeks and usually 6 upwards
After not signing a striker this is literally the most predictable injury in the history of football.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep saying it’s a squad game and no longer do you need to have a strong first 11 you really need a strong 16. We haven’t got the depth to cope with injuries to key positions and we knew that as did our recruitment team. You can’t just cross your fingers and hope we don’t get injuries. It just doesn’t work
Che Adams at 4m looked a sensible cover signing in Jan and we would be very glad if that now . It is frustrating

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep saying it’s a squad game and no longer do you need to have a strong first 11 you really need a strong 16. We haven’t got the depth to cope with injuries to key positions and we knew that as did our recruitment team. You can’t just cross your fingers and hope we don’t get injuries. It just doesn’t work
Che Adams at 4m looked a sensible cover signing in Jan and we would be very glad if that now . It is frustrating
There was no guarantee Southampton would sell him in their position, especially for £4m that we probably don't have.

I am disappointed we didn't sign at least one, but I am not sure Che Adams is the answer to any question.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was no guarantee Southampton would sell him in their position, especially for £4m that we probably don't have.

I am disappointed we didn't sign at least one, but I am not sure Che Adams is the answer to any question.
He's probably the answer to alot of questions, just none that we want to ask

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All joking apart, if Cunha is injured I would rather see Doc upfront for the last 15 minutes of a match than at wingback.....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All joking apart, if Cunha is injured I would rather see Doc upfront for the last 15 minutes of a match than at wingback.....
I have said it before he makes just the kind of runs in the box but I fear he lacks the pace . Beggars can’t be choosers.
I fear Cunha is out for a decent chunk of games

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves77 quoting GON;

Thankfully his injury doesn't seem serious at all according to Gary O'Neil, just discomfort in hamstring which got better post game.

Maybe not missing any games at all. :)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves77 quoting GON;

Thankfully his injury doesn't seem serious at all according to Gary O'Neil, just discomfort in hamstring which got better post game.

That was after game, heard something else coming out of compton monday but hey we will see id be surprised if he plays v spurs

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Wolves77 quoting GON;

Isn't that just what GON said in his post game press conference? I don't think he's spoken to the media since. The official Wolves podcast (Wolves Express) played the clip from his post game press conference yesterday. He said it as you quoted, but added that they won't know more until he has had scans to diagnose it properly. He said sometimes hamstring injuries feel okay but end up being worse than first thought and some feel bad but end up being pretty minor. Needs a scan to find out.

Reaction score
Be amazed if it's less than a month. Just doesn't happen with innocuous 'hamstring' tweaks in the 20th minute of a match.
I agree.

I've got someone on the case to find out exactly what the situation is but I fear we may not see him again until after the March International break - hope I'm wrong of course!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any international breaks coming up?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON said it would be today for anything conclusive
I doubt its a major tear as he was walking ok afterwards but you just never know with these things

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems like every time we have a player hitting top form he gets injured or banned
That said id rather he miss a few games now than miss the rest of the season later
Small squad being run into the ground . Players being asked to do things to cover lack of alternatives. So predictable.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not speculate as it’s more often doom and gloom rather than positive
We should know in the next day or two

Even then the rehab for hamstring issues isn’t always the easiest for a player like cunha/neto as they need to rely on explosive power to sprint more so than others due to it being a key part of their game.

It is a waiting game till we actually know they are picked to be honest

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even then the rehab for hamstring issues isn’t always the easiest for a player like cunha/neto as they need to rely on explosive power to sprint more so than others due to it being a key part of their game.

It is a waiting game till we actually know they are picked to be honest
They know today, how long that stays out of the media i dont know.

But they already know, he was due a scan late monday.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto pulling up like he did at home to Newcastle was met with a mixture of doom and blind optimism. I might have dreamt it but didn't Gary say something that implied it could be a minor setback?

I went from thinking the rest of the season to maybe a couple of weeks.

Neto was injured on 28th October and did not start another game until 23rd January.

Found this just now:
"He’s moving around. Obviously hamstring injuries have very different levels of severity, so we’re hoping it’s on the smaller side,” he said.

So not as I thought - just hoping without any prognosis, as we all were doing. I don't recall anybody saying Neto won't be back for ages, so expect a similar scenario with Cunha.

Back
Top Bottom