Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s not that Wolves haven’t spent the money. We have 2 players out on loan that cost 50 million between them. Imagine how strong we would look, if just one had been up to scratch, let alone both.

For what it’s worth, I think they have looked at it and realised, that whilst throwing money at the project, it’s not guaranteed to bring success. Jota and Neves turned a big profit but many haven’t. We had also become a bit frivolous with wages.

I think, they sat down and put a purposeful structure together that is much more sustainable long term. At least I hope that’s what they’ve done.

Get rid of the deadwood on high wages. Ride this season out and restructure. Getting someone in the January window just to fill a gap, would be immediately going against the new policy. Also, they would have only sat on the bench unless we got injuries, which of course has happened but it’s always easy with hindsight.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very quiet on Cunhas injury,would have thought we would have heard something by now
Wont be said anything untill presser i expect less time for spurs to prepare etc

who knows he may have had just tightness and it was precautionary, buts hes been scanned and initial thoughts sunday evening were there could be concern

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£62million

:oops:
I was just thinking Sasa and Fabio but yeah, including Guedes, £75 million? How many other teams have that sort of investment loaned out? As stated, where could we have been with £75 million that was productive?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just thinking Sasa and Fabio but yeah, including Guedes, £75 million? How many other teams have that sort of investment loaned out? As stated, where could we have been with £75 million that was productive?
Yeah, can't even think about it too much as it's infuriating.

Absolute shambles really.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Off the top of my head
Man Utd - Jordan sancho 75m
Danny de beek 35m
That’s over 100m

Chelsea
Lukaka 115m

City have phillips and cancelo out on loan probably 75m there

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the top of my head
Man Utd - Jordan sancho 75m
Danny de beek 35m
That’s over 100m

Chelsea
Lukaka 115m

City have phillips and cancelo out on loan probably 75m there
It's crazy that a club our size can have so much money out on loan and it actually be in the same ball park as Utd and Chelsea. That's as much of a damning indictment as you could possibly get for our recent transfer policies and success.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No timeline on Cunha return.

“It’s a fairly significant injury to his hamstring. There’s no timeline on it. I’ve spoken to Matheus a lot and he just wants to keep pushing to get back as soon as he can.

“He’s started working on it already, so we’re just going to monitor it week by week, day by day, see how far he can come and how quickly we can get him back. He’s keen to get back out there as soon as possible.

“It’s obviously a big blow to us, to the team and Matheus because of the work he’s been doing – the form he was in was exceptional. These things happen, every team suffers injuries. Channy was gone for over a month with the Asian Cup and we managed to keep ploughing on and we need to do the same without Matheus.”

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we’ll see him in 2 months. That’s it for any FA cup dream and if Pedro goes down then so may we but yeah, hopefully we’ll see him in two months.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just knew this was going to happen ffs!

Said in January we need a striker not just because we need a different option against different sides ie having a natural number 9 but also cover for injuries... Cunha being injured for a long period could ruin our season a huge reason we are scoring more goals we don't have anyone who can do what he does. Not to get any cover at all is a huge balls up by the club something O'Neil himself knew!

Really bad planning from the club how some on here didn't see it actually blows my mind!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The word 'fairly' does not soften the word 'significant' - it actually makes it worse because he feels the need to soften the word 'significant' in the first place.

It's more likely to my ears to be season ending rather than just four to six weeks. But then I do tend to overthink most things and get it totally wrong more often than not.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Every single wolves fan had this nightmare the second we didn’t bring in a striker! We need to pray that Hwang comes back fit and firing and that maybe young Noha can step up and exceed all our expectations! It’s almost laughable that we have Podence, Guedes, Sasa and Fabio out and yet the first team is now bereft of depth! Madness and not the first time in recent years we’ve done similar!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
‘Fairly significant’ from GON is the update.

Good job we’ve got so much depth eh.

Amateurish sometimes, honestly.
He could give a grade of tear or whatever if he wanted to I'm sure, he's just being vague and not putting pressure on anyone. Don't see anything amateurish about it. Anyway he's not on the medical team, all he cares about is when he'll be fit, sounds like 4 weeks at least though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every single wolves fan had this nightmare the second we didn’t bring in a striker! We need to pray that Hwang comes back fit and firing and that maybe young Noha can step up and exceed all our expectations! It’s almost laughable that we have Podence, Guedes, Sasa and Fabio out and yet the first team is now bereft of depth! Madness and not the first time in recent years we’ve done similar!
Difficult to argue (although some will).

Back
Top Bottom