Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love watching him play.. don’t judge him as a 9, because he isn’t one.. but he’s is a great forward.

Looking forward to Pedro coming back also.. would love to see the 2 of them playing off a number 9.

He would be on 5 goals if Hwang hadn’t stole his penalty away from him at Fulham.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love watching him play.. don’t judge him as a 9, because he isn’t one.. but he’s is a great forward.

Looking forward to Pedro coming back also.. would love to see the 2 of them playing off a number 9.

He would be on 5 goals if Hwang hadn’t stole his penalty away from him at Fulham.
I can only imagine if he had quality around him.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't really argue with this stat. Its impressive. Maybe he actually plays a position which we dont even realise exists yet, like 'centre transition carrier' or something.
He's kind of doing what we wanted Nunes to do - pick the ball up deep and break the lines. Not exactly equivocal but there's some parallels IMO.

I love him, he seems like a good lad, he has loads of talent, and he tries really hard. To those saying we signed him to score goals... what about his record suggests that? He's an integral part of the way GO'N has us playing and if we can get Neto back they'll scare the **** out of most defences in this league.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
We need sign 1 good striker play to our best

We have more options to play

Something with
Hwang / Cunha / Sarabia behind the main striker

I think Cunha get better with every match

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those saying he isn't a 9, when recently have we had a nine other than prime Raul and currently Hwang, who has scored more goals in this number of matches this season?

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those saying he isn't a 9, when recently have we had a nine other than prime Raul and currently Hwang, who has scored more goals in this number of matches this season?
Our current number 9 is just a bench warmer!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sometimes it's easy to say we want a proper number 9 our last proper number 9 was Raul who in his prime was outstanding and one of the best centre forwards in the world.

It is very difficult to find a Raul and every team would love a Raul,

If we set the bar as a Raul Jimenez in his prime then we may have a very long wait to find a forward that good.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will he make it to double digit goals at the end of the season? I once said he couldn't but from what I've seen so far this season I'm very probably wrong

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you see him produce a finish like yesterday it does make you wonder why he's often reluctant to shoot with his left foot!

Felt after seeing him a bit last season that he's the kind of forward who'd probably get 8-10 goals in a solid season and a similar number of assists. Not jaw dropping numbers, but more than good enough and throw in his ability carrying the ball and he really could be an essential player for us. His numbers are on course for that solid season, but when you think of some of the chances he's missed, he could have easily been on course for a 15+ goal season, which would be phenomenal for us (and him)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is getting better and better. His work rate is excellent and the way we play now suits him

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Him and hwang made the difference in the one key moment.
Can't knock it. We could have had Jay Rodriguez in our line up. Offered almost nothing all night. Sort of turned himself into a very very very poor man's Kane

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the perfect front 4 for us would be:

-------New no.9-------
-Hwang - Cunha - Neto-

Would mean ditching the back 5 though.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

-------New no.9-------
-Hwang - Cunha - Neto-

Too loose and unstructured for GON to play that type of line up and to freedom the players would need to get the best from it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm a huge Cunha fan.
Point at the assist by all means.
I didn't think he contributed much tonight, closed down very quickly and in numbers on the rare occasions he got the ball.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a huge Cunha fan.
Point at the assist by all means.
I didn't think he contributed much tonight, closed down very quickly and in numbers on the rare occasions he got the ball.
They did a good job marshalling him tonight and got to him early and quickly to stop him driving forward.

Can’t fault the player when the oppo have a clear plan to stop them playing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

-------New no.9-------
-Hwang - Cunha - Neto-

For me, you can go so many different ways with the 4th guy, winger who can score goals, attacking midfielder or a striker. But they need to be mobile and be able to interchange to a degree

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the way he plays. Always on the front foot and carries the ball very well. Playing with lots of confidence and links up so well with Channy.

We have scored in 14 of our 15 league matches this season and Cunha has played a big part in making us so much more dangerous than the last 3 seasons.

Great player imo.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can the 'OP' change the title of the thread, as his performances are clearly showing he aint no 'dud' and has adapted really well.

Reaction score
“It’s incredible. My wife had said to me for a long, long time that she wants to live in England and I’d say, ‘Maybe it’s too cold there’, because I’ve lived in Germany already and, ‘Maybe the people are a little bit cold’, because I’m quite a sunny person who likes to smile and talk all day.

“But I was wrong because it’s great here. I love this city, I love these people and I want to be here for more time so I can enjoy more, so I thank everyone in Wolverhampton.” Love this part of the article. It always makes me like a player more when they seam to fall in love with the area & the people.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also was Man of the Match and will get 3 extra points on FPL too.

Now the joint 15th top scorer on 5 goals. Keep it going lad!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
https://x.com/liamkeen_star/status/1733977392430162095?s=61&t=VrwFHotyvNBj2kkyIxbQTA

I think I always I say the same, when everyone is happy the good things come along,” he said. “I feel incredible with my team-mates, with the staff and with Gary and I can show everything on the pitch.

“I hope I can keep this level to help myself and the team, which is the most important point, with assists and goals I hope we get more three points.

“I think I can show everything outside, on the pitch. I am happy, my family is happy and good things are coming.”

Back
Top Bottom