Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To begin with, I don't think he was living up to that steep price tag last season, but I think it would be fair to say he's trending in the right direction now.

5 goals and 3 assists in 16 games, if he maintains that in the second half of the season we're looking at 10+ goals and 6+ assists.

3 goals and 2 assists in the last 5 games, a goal contribution in every one of those games. 2nd most successful dribbles in the league, behind only Jeremy Doku.

I reckon he can go up another level as well, as he's still only 24. He's slowly becoming the focal point that we desperately needed.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
To begin with, I don't think he was living up to that steep price tag last season, but I think it would be fair to say he's trending in the right direction now.

5 goals and 3 assists in 16 games, if he maintains that in the second half of the season we're looking at 10+ goals and 6+ assists.

3 goals and 2 assists in the last 5 games, a goal contribution in every one of those games. 2nd most successful dribbles in the league, behind only Jeremy Doku.

I reckon he can go up another level as well, as he's still only 24. He's slowly becoming the focal point that we desperately needed.
Better coaches make better players

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand merging the threads but for **** sake can we change the title at least! Simply Matheus Cunha would do.
Totally agree. .

Can you imagine us without him. He carries the ball, always on the front foot, creates and scores. Excellent clubman and a really decent human being.

No surprise that we have scored in our last 15 games, when he is playing.

Enough said.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or this player helps the coach look better than he is?

That player would be Pedro Neto. :D Anyway, Cunha's having an excellent season and I'm very pleased with his performances this season. Adds a bit of a lift to a team that really needs it sometimes. Cunha and Neto for the flair and drive, with Hwang for his ice cool finishing is a great front 3. Not quite peak Raul and Jota, however if they keep improving as they all have done in the last 6 months ... could be right up there.

loppers86

Reaction score
i can’t argue with what you said about Neto. I think we need one more with similar enthusiasm and unpredictability to allow us to be effective for 90 mins and in the case of injury or suspension.

The strength in depth is very poor.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proving to be an amazing signing. So happy to be here, such
a good team player, puts in a massive shift and very skilful with it.

He’s a big part of our team
and team spirit this season.

City definitely bought the wrong player.

He could play for any team in the league. He's that good, and hopefully only going to get better!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If what I have heard about Dia's style of play and comes to us together with Cunha they would be a real handful for any oppo's defence especially with Neto there as well.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop bumping this thread and use the one without an embarrassing title
I think when threads get overtaken by events/history they should be closed by the Mods. This is a good example of a tread which is well past its sell by date. Threads on players are perhaps best started with just their name as they are bumped regularly and often do not age well.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think when threads get overtaken by events/history they should be closed by the Mods. This is a good example of a tread which is well past its sell by date. Threads on players are perhaps best started with just their name as they are bumped regularly and often do not age well.
Thing is it was the first Cunha one that came up, I'm not then gonna spend more time looking for more threads when I didn't have much time. All I wanted to do was let people know they could vote for one of our players for an award but even that's upset someone on here. The only other option would of been starting a new thread which I've no doubt the same guy complaining about my post would be on here crying that there's already threads about him on here. It's things like this that do my head in about the mix

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I disagree.

Let the fools look upon themselves for what they are.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is it was the first Cunha one that came up, I'm not then gonna spend more time looking for more threads when I didn't have much time. All I wanted to do was let people know they could vote for one of our players for an award but even that's upset someone on here. The only other option would of been starting a new thread which I've no doubt the same guy complaining about my post would be on here crying that there's already threads about him on here. It's things like this that do my head in about the mix
I wasn't having a dig at you and I wasn't upset. I think the Mods could refresh/delete outdated threads every so often, esp this one. Sarabia, Doyle, Hwang, Lemina, RAN and Gomes all have threads with just their names - this is the way to go.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't having a dig at you and I wasn't upset. I think the Mods could refresh/delete outdated threads every so often, esp this one. Sarabia, Doyle, Hwang, Lemina, RAN and Gomes all have threads with just their names - this is the way to go.
No I wasn't digging at you i was on about the original post having a go at me for posting it, was just an answer on your post lol

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a good point but maybe it’s a good thing to let some threads hang on for a bit……
……….might remind us to not be too hasty judging players and coaches, usually in an overly negative way.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a good point but maybe it’s a good thing to let some threads hang on for a bit……
……….might remind us to not be too hasty judging players and coaches, usually in an overly negative way.
My New Year's resolution is to spread peace and love on the Mix. So in keeping with my mission just happy threads and no negative ones!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish Mikey Burrows and Thommo would work it out between themselves how his name is supposed to be pronounced so I know I’m not saying it wrong.

loppers86

Reaction score
change the title please? how about “The amazing matheus cunha”?

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just wish Mikey Burrows and Thommo would work it out between themselves how his name is supposed to be pronounced so I know I’m not saying it wrong.

The commentators are usually on the ball with correct pronunciation, I believe they get briefed on it? I just can't remember how they pronounce Cunha.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All players should have one thread

From the first twitter rumour from some teenager with 7 followers
To a percy bomb
To the club video announcement
Debut
Early views
Scapegoat
Nuckling down
Legend
Past it
Time to sell
Good bye legend
Look how well its going at the other club

All threads to be named in same format

Player name (not dead)

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The commentators are usually on the ball with correct pronunciation, I believe they get briefed on it? I just can't remember how they pronounce Cunha.
Burrows says “Cun-ya” like most I think. Thommo seems to have adopted “Cun-har”. He’s the only person I’ve heard say that tbh.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5th highest scoring “forward” and highest points per £1m (14.65) in Fantasy Premier League.

1704494625946.png

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burrows says “Cun-ya” like most I think. Thommo seems to have adopted “Cun-har”. He’s the only person I’ve heard say that tbh.

He also says " Dow- herty" for Doc.. instead of do rhymes with no he goes with dow rhymes with cow. Despite others pronouncing it another way, like with Cunha he does his own thing. Thommo has a language of his own I think !

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Impossible not to admire him. Class on and off the field. He seems to love it at Wolves.

He has also added numbers to his impressive all round play. Looks like every penny was well spent.

As for the thread title the answer is no and no.

Back
Top Bottom