Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match Day chat Idea

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just a thought (so don't go mental at me) but could we maybe have a chat style feature just for match days?

Would mean people could reply quicker and may add something. Things can be hard to keep up once everyone is replying on a busy thread.

((Would mean people's stupid comments would get forgotten from the beginning of match))

As I said just a thought and may not work. Pretty sure it can be done. Could maybe trial it if not sure.

I'll get back in my box now

W

WasStefan

Agree good idea would i assume limit the battering the server takes on matchdays.

M

Mr Wolf

Like an instant messenger thing?

Could be good but I do enjoy reading people's comments when I get back from the match.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like an instant messenger thing?

Could be good but I do enjoy reading people's comments when I get back from the match.

Yeah I guess you would loose that. I'd imagine you'd have a lot more involvement rather than the usual crowd. I mean you could potentially have both with usual forum on left and the chat window on the right. I've looked at all this stuff previously. You would need to thing about how it affects the server but might give the site a new dimension

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could potentially setup (away from Molmix) something like a skype group or does ICQ still exist?

R

reanswolf

I love reading the live comments, sometimes you think we've scored three times when people post " YES you beauty" about five minutes apart :)-

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love reading the live comments, sometimes you think we've scored three times when people post " YES you beauty" about five minutes apart :)-
And you end up with that heart stopping moment of having to look elsewhere to confirm what you hope is true...... to sadly see it's not :D

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that's a brilliant idea.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's kind of like"watching" ceefax in the pub waiting for the pages to tick over.

D

Deleted member 4453

Keep a thread on here for thoughts about happenings during the match.
Then perhaps an outside messenger system for an almost running commentary. Like what they have on BBC Sport but obviously we'd be more in tune with the club, players etc..

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep a thread on here for thoughts about happenings during the match.
Then perhaps an outside messenger system for an almost running commentary. Like what they have on BBC Sport but obviously we'd be more in tune with the club, players etc..

Personally think it would be better intergrated as essentially you don't want people to go away from the site but might not be demand for it.
Maybe it's something people would be into if it was an organised thing using outside site and certainly gives it a trial run before bringing it in site.

See how the thread runs...

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
yes, its something i have been thinking about for a while.
I suppose the thing that I have been pondering is how or if you keep the transcript of the match day chat.
If you don't keep it do we lose something from the forum.
If we do keep it how to format it in such a way that later discussion on it can develop.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on this

W

WasStefan

yes, its something i have been thinking about for a while.
I suppose the thing that I have been pondering is how or if you keep the transcript of the match day chat.
If you don't keep it do we lose something from the forum.
If we do keep it how to format it in such a way that later discussion on it can develop.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on this
Definitely keep if for discussions afterwards

The other i can see is moderating a chat in terms of illegal streams etc.

Also would it be available to registered users only or everyone?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Definitely keep if for discussions afterwards

The other i can see is moderating a chat in terms of illegal streams etc.

Also would it be available to registered users only or everyone?

I would make sure its registered users only, otherwise its open to all manner of abuse.
I need to find a decent add-on first but i will certainly look into it.

M

Mr Wolf

Good to keep both running on the day, usual thread for proper info/ discussion & a general live chat during the game for random comments & outbursts.

Simple things like who's playing well, what's the score, how we doing, anyone PM me radio link etc could all be done in live chat.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm happy to help with stuff like this @bod101 if you need any.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I would make sure its registered users only, otherwise its open to all manner of abuse.
I need to find a decent add-on first but i will certainly look into it.
Agree with this. Definitely need to restrict it to Mol Mix users, as chat rooms open to the public are just full of abuse, spam and silly arguments. A Molineux Mix registered users only chat facility would be great.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of forums out there offer a simple 'Live' feature where comments pile up without having to refresh, go back a page then go to new page, etc. I tend to head there on match day because the conversation is instant and auto updates per comment.

D

Deleted member 5962

Cheers matt much appreciated.
I hear you have retired from football, far too young for that! :)

The forum runs on vBulletin? If so theres quite a few chat plugins, though the ones I know of only store messages for a short period so that might hamper the desire to save the chat for posterity.

T

TurboTaco91

I'd suggest Discord if people are looking for instant messaging. Has a good mobile and web app.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
The forum runs on vBulletin? If so theres quite a few chat plugins, though the ones I know of only store messages for a short period so that might hamper the desire to save the chat for posterity.
We're on xenforo, I'm sure there'll be something suitable though

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chat room function will go south and end up in abuse in no time. At least the forum can be moderated and it allows people to think a bit before they speak!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A chat room function will go south and end up in abuse in no time. At least the forum can be moderated and it allows people to think a bit before they speak!

I'm inclined to have the same concern, but if we try and it has to be withdrawn because of the way it is used, at least we'll have done our best.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

always the danger, it won't be open to anyone, only registered members and even then if people abuse it, firstly they will have the facility removed and if there are still problems after we simply close it altogether. posting rules will still be the same so its up to the users to behave within the rules!

306NOTOUT

The speed of Twitter compared to posting on here has been the main reason I have used that during match days. A chat function would definately work better in my opinion.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
The speed of Twitter compared to posting on here has been the main reason I have used that during match days. A chat function would definately work better in my opinion.
is twitter quicker? i find it harder to follow. how do you mean, interested to know to see what we can improve.

306NOTOUT

is twitter quicker? i find it harder to follow. how do you mean, interested to know to see what we can improve.

Sorry Bod only just picked this up

I guess its because I can just sit at the top of twitter and click the home button and get instant updates whether they come from E&S, Wolves or another source it is always the quickest compared to anywhere else. Its like have a live text commentary

I often find the majority of the match day commentary which appears on MM is just copied and pasted from twitter anyway.

Suppose that is because we don't have match day reporters at the games where as by following Wolves, Spiers etc they post what is happening on Twitter but not on here. Maybe with the new live streams for overseas viewers that will change.

Also Twitter is much easier to navigate on mobile device when you are out and about compared to here which although the new system is much improved still isn't quick to load or navigate as you are trying to navigate through pages etc

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
It takes a concerted effort to keep up with the match day thread sometimes. I'd be delighted to have the chat feature if it's possible. Erick will have to be on his toes posting updates, though!

The Radiator

Reaction score
I know a good discord for football in general if anyone wants it.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Sorry Bod only just picked this up

I guess its because I can just sit at the top of twitter and click the home button and get instant updates whether they come from E&S, Wolves or another source it is always the quickest compared to anywhere else. Its like have a live text commentary

I often find the majority of the match day commentary which appears on MM is just copied and pasted from twitter anyway.

Suppose that is because we don't have match day reporters at the games where as by following Wolves, Spiers etc they post what is happening on Twitter but not on here. Maybe with the new live streams for overseas viewers that will change.

Also Twitter is much easier to navigate on mobile device when you are out and about compared to here which although the new system is much improved still isn't quick to load or navigate as you are trying to navigate through pages etc

i'm looking at refining some of the forums and navigation on here soon as i'm not happy with how it is at the moment. the chat functionality is also on the cards its just finding one that will work how i would like it to, something that integrates well within the forum and not ending up looking like a support chat window that pops up from the corner.

W

WasStefan

Is it not possible to have a twitter feed on here for anything tagged with for example #molineuxmix ? that could be a different option.

Twitter is easier to use in terms of posting so i can see what 306 is saying. The demographic is also completely different to that of this forum

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Is it not possible to have a twitter feed on here for anything tagged with for example #molineuxmix ? that could be a different option.

Twitter is easier to use in terms of posting so i can see what 306 is saying. The demographic is also completely different to that of this forum
interesting idea i'll certainly have a look to see what we can do, see if it can somehow integrate

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
interesting idea i'll certainly have a look to see what we can do, see if it can somehow integrate
the problem with this is that people could probably use it to circumvent the posting rules.

Back
Top Bottom