Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match Day chat Idea

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may set up Discord later if anyone else uses that.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the problem with this is that people could probably use it to circumvent the posting rules.

I've mentioned this before but just have it in a 'blue room' where people who use it have to sign up for an additional disclaimer that removes Molmix from liability.

You could do 2 things:
Either leave it as a free-for-all and advise users that if they're an easily offended flower they should **** off because there is ZERO moderation.

Or

Let the feed run live and a mod reviews the content afterwards (or during if something is reported) and retrospectively issues points for breaches of forum rules. If someone exceeds a points total its a temp ban or total banishment from the blueroom

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
We will be setting up a chat engine just need to get one that works through the membership system on here and archives the chat into the thread.

And test it before a match day! :p

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be setting up a chat engine just need to get one that works through the membership system on here and archives the chat into the thread.

I honestly likely wouldn't use a MolMix-based chat for matchday. I like using the thread. The discord is a cool idea to talk between matches, but it is off-site.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before but just have it in a 'blue room' where people who use it have to sign up for an additional disclaimer that removes Molmix from liability.

If anything goes, make sure you put some plastic sheeting down.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ageing thicko here...is Discord an app you install? if so how do you then navigate to a Wolves chat ?

Yeah, it pretty much functions as an instant messaging app. It has servers that operate as chat rooms of sorts. Once you download the app, you can you click the link which serves as an invite to the server I made.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, it pretty much functions as an instant messaging app. It has servers that operate as chat rooms of sorts. Once you download the app, you can you click the link which serves as an invite to the server I made.
is this the same sort of app as Telegram ?

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought (so don't go mental at me) but could we maybe have a chat style feature just for match days?

Would mean people could reply quicker and may add something. Things can be hard to keep up once everyone is replying on a busy thread.

((Would mean people's stupid comments would get forgotten from the beginning of match))

As I said just a thought and may not work. Pretty sure it can be done. Could maybe trial it if not sure.

I'll get back in my box now
Maybe go for the worlds largest wattsapp group.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whatsapp has a group size limit of 256. You can circumvent it, but it is convoluted.

My idea wasn't whatsapp! jeez that would be unbearable.
I was thinking more like these youtube channels where there is chat feature to the right hand side of video.
I know you can definitely do it but the question is the impact on the server I guess.

Back
Top Bottom