Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Managerial News

B

Batman

4 weeks today we'll be getting ready for the Wigan game and this hell will very nearly be over. The question is when do we think that we'll get news regarding the managerial situation.

Before the end of the season?
The Monday after Wigan?
The week before the season starts?

For me it depends on what is happening if Connor is staying (please no) i would expect this to be announced in the lead up to Wigan or the day after.

If it's a new manager he has to be in place by end of May. The play off final is the 27th May so that may confuse the issue if we are looking for an in work manager.

Reaction score
The day after Wigan we should say thanks to Terry for stepping in short term and that we will now be looking for a permanent replacement - don't let it drag on and make us worried we're keeping TC for the long haul! Then just get someone in ASAP, they must, surely, already be thinking about who they want so hopefully won't take too long.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club really should come out now an say it to be honest but if we don't hear anything a day or two after the wigan game i'll be worried.

They surely have to have started the process of who they want to bring in & drawn up a short list. If not it could be a really long summer.

E

EdwardLoxdale

Realistically I can see it been early June. If we are after Solskjaer or a championship manager we will have to wait for their season to end. Manager comes in June and has preseason to work with. I will get worried if we heard nothing after second week of June.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Realistically I can see it been early June. If we are after Solskjaer or a championship manager we will have to wait for their season to end. Manager comes in June and has preseason to work with. I will get worried if we heard nothing after second week of June.

Agree with this. I imagine that the new Manager will be announced sometime towards the end of May/beginning of June (especially if some of the candidates on the shortlist are involved in the Play-Offs).

B

Batman

But the play off semis finish just 1 week after the prem season ends i think. So it's only if the manager we want is in the final that we will have to wait that far.

Plus it would be a big gamble to wait anyway cause if he wins that games he won't be coming to Wolves will he.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
But the play off semis finish just 1 week after the prem season ends i think. So it's only if the manager we want is in the final that we will have to wait that far.

Plus it would be a big gamble to wait anyway cause if he wins that games he won't be coming to Wolves will he.

I agree, but say for argument's sake our number one choice is Hughton and Birmingham make the play-off final then surely we would wait and extra two weeks for the outcome of that game.

I would sincerely hope though that we have learnt the lesson of this season and have a credible alternative in place if our first choice is unavailable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They might choose to see how the sackings pan out at the end of the season before they make their selection.

But on previous form maybe that's way too sensible. :rolleyes: Of course if they'd been doing thir job properly they'd have lined someone up in February before sacking Mick but instead went on an insane kamikaze route to oblivion. :mad:

So basically we can and should expect any random knee-jerk reaction under the sun, depending on how Moxey's juices are flowing and which way the wind is blowing, or, I suppose, how well the latest 55 Luxury Executive Homes from Redrow are selling. :mad:

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but say for argument's sake our number one choice is Hughton and Birmingham make the play-off final then surely we would wait and extra two weeks for the outcome of that game.

I would sincerely hope though that we would have learnt the lesson of this season and have a credible alternative in place if our first choice is unavailable.

If CH is our target it is irrelevant where BHAM end up. Even if they are promoted, financially, they are screwed anyway.
We are a more financially sound option in the Championship than BHAM are in the Prem.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Norwegian season ends in November :embarassed:

R

RichDavi

If CH is our target it is irrelevant where BHAM end up. Even if they are promoted, financially, they are screwed anyway.
We are a more financially sound option in the Championship than BHAM are in the Prem.

It's not at all irrelevant, what's the point in passing up another opportunity to showcase your skill at the highest level in order to delay the same opportunity by 1 or 2 years

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It needs to be as soon as possible but i'm expecting the club to start approaching clubs when the season is over and by the time compensation is agreed and interviews and terms we are probably looking at at least a month after the season has finished.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see OGS coming to us, settled in Norway, family reasons, no reason to move.

D

Deleted member 4023

All depends on Steve & Jez. If there's any truth in Solskjaer then its TC until Nov at least. The logical thing to do, would be to approach clubs by june at the latest - but Steve & Jez aren't driven by logic. They'll need all summer before announcing 'The Wolves job is no job for a novice' - then giving TC a contract extension

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not at all irrelevant, what's the point in passing up another opportunity to showcase your skill at the highest level in order to delay the same opportunity by 1 or 2 years

It is just as much if not more of an achievement as a manager to show that you have the ability to bring a team up from a lower level.

Besides the fact that you would be guaranteed to be paid for doing it.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Please allow Moxey time to sell most of the squad before expecting an appointment.

Wolfie2

Reaction score
The planning for next season should already have commenced; Plan A if we stay up (which is unlikely) and Plan B for the Championship. After the shambles of attempting to find a successor to MM, lessons should have been learnt; a manager identified and if out of work at present, he should now be on contract with an agreed budget and deciding on players to keep/sell and coaches to appoint. We need to be ahead of the other clubs in getting the best players available.

With all the media attention in the aftermath of MM, the problem is who would really be mug enough to want to be our manager and who would want to play for us?

Serious question, was Mr Megson in the stands at Sunderland?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The planning for next season should already have commenced; Plan A if we stay up (which is unlikely) and Plan B for the Championship. After the shambles of attempting to find a successor to MM, lessons should have been learnt; a manager identified and if out of work at present, he should now be on contract with an agreed budget and deciding on players to keep/sell and coaches to appoint. We need to be ahead of the other clubs in getting the best players available.

With all the media attention in the aftermath of MM, the problem is who would really be mug enough to want to be our manager and who would want to play for us?

Serious question, was Mr Megson in the stands at Sunderland?

Someone on another thread says he was. hopefully he was moonlighting as a steward.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We tend to do our business early. If job has been offered to Ole, and if he accepts then probably close season before announced. Similarly if holding off for CH, then we will probably need to know whether or not Brum have been promoted.

B

Batman

He does seem to be taking a pretty big interest in our games Mr Megson. Is he just scouting so he can give a good interview or has he had the nod?

306NOTOUT

I have a feeling we are in for a long wait for a new manager in the summer and it wouldn't surprise me if we need a new CEO aswell.

B

Batman

As long as TC is gone i think i can put up with the wait for a few weeks. If he's still around or if Jez/ Steve say that he'll be considered along with the other candidates i think i'd lose the plot.

J

johnybig32

This should be the time when the manager who WANTS to manage us should be compiling his list of signings and signalling out their aims and wishes for the future.

I think people should be coming to us and saying, this is my plan, this is what I have to offer.

Why wait?

Back
Top Bottom