Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd v Wolves comms thread.

Henry Hill

Reaction score
A lot of dissenting posts on the line up tonight, but I think all bets have to be off until we see the attitude of the players tonight which, unless we get a total pasting, I think is more important than the result. As the old joke goes, if you wanted directions to get to Premier success, you really shouldn't have started here. But here we are and all we can do is hope GON has instilled enough confidence in the players to get them onside.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael Owen is an utter *******. About as good a pundit as Gabby Agbonlahor. Utter drivel

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok beware, Sky MNF brain trust incoming to talk about tactics tonight. What’s the bet they will say we will replicate what Bournemouth did last season…

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok beware, Sky MNF brain trust incoming to talk about tactics tonight. What’s the bet they will say we will replicate what Bournemouth did last season…
I won't turn on until 3 minutes before kick-off, lose brain cells otherwise.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Are we actually involved tonight?
Not according to Sky .
Get off your ruddy gizmos and talk about the game

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep it tight is the aim of the game I suppose. Hopefully Cunha doesn't get isolated and we get a few men forward when we have the ball, so that it doesn't just come straight back.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God it’s a Man U love in isn’t it

I hope Onana chucks one in his own net and mount has a stinker

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t even mind Sarabia but out of he, Cunha, Sasa, and Fabio, the manager has chosen the least-complementary duo possible. Cunha and Sarabia are the two least-strikery. If you want Sarabia for his service then out him with Sasa or maybe Fabio. If you want Cunha because he likes to come deep, drive, and pass, then put him with Fabio who also likes to pass and move. Or Sasa. What’s he supposed to do with Sarabia.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like Cunha as the #9 especially after missing a few days of training with a knock. But to be fair, Gary hasn't had much time yet to go over the squad, so it makes sense to keep what was planned for the first game.

And honestly, we couldn't lose Sarabia from the starting squad.
I think Cunha as the 9 is going to naturally drop into the pockets Casemiro likes to clean up in. I can see their centrebacks having very little to do. There is a lot of pressure on Neto and Nunes to give us an outlet on the counter.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha looks 3-4x the player when played as a 10 alongside a 9. Makes no sense to me this formation……

Why people can’t see that Cunha needs help up there I don’t know!
I agree but first JL and now GO’N seem to see it differently.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
USA - if Wolves can keep the score under three and manage a shot on goal, Gary O'Neil should go home satisfied

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go then, boys and girls.

UTW!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expecting Semedo and RAN to be exposed. Sarabia to take decent set pieces and do nothing else and Cunha to excel in his anonymous false number 12 role

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Sports have no idea what to expect from Wolves tonight and neither do I

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's gone conservative first half in the hope of staying in the game.

Will that line up make us a goal threat? No
Will it allow for a 4-6 formation at times? Yes

We can make the changes to go for it later in the game. Hopefully Silva can play his way into the side.

Glad Ait-Nouri is playing. That shows some sense and intent instead of defaulting to Bueno who made more appearances last season
Agree with this. I'd have liked to see Silva and Cunha up top but playing Sarabia and Cunha first 60 mins isn't a bad call. Same as you happy to see Ait-Nouri in, he could get ripped to shreds by Antony but I'm hoping he gets them turned around a few times and gets some cover from Lemina.

COMB!

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our supporters sounding good. Can even hear them here in Noggie land.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Wolves!! Let’s keep them quiet for a bit please.. UTW

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After all the negativity - it would be ****ing marvellous if we turn these over today.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anything we are looking the sharper of the two teams so far in Midfield

Back
Top Bottom