Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd v Wolves comms thread.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Part of me wishes we’d take legal action.

I know, I know we never would. But I wish we would just to expose what an obviously corrupt cartel it is.
lol never would? we never could! I mean what branch of the law would it come under? ****e or not it's all about referees opinions, we just have to suck it up.

But I would be disappointed if last nights clown didn't get a phone call from his boss asking what the **** happened !

Rugrats

Reaction score
Ah... my humble apologies to you. First of all, an admission.... I have several tabs open on my laptop... I honestly thought you had posted that after the game. I now see it was before.

Secondly, yes, I agree, you did say as a no9. I also apologise for misreading that.

So, apologies, apologies, apologies.

And I haven't ignored you. ;)

PS. Cunha as a No. 9.... we really don't play with a 9 anyway. Only at the end when we threw the big lads on would you say that was anything like a traditional centre forward line up. And, in the modern game, you really don't have to play with a 9. We created plenty of opportunities without one.

and scored how many? You really struggle with this football lark don't you.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Man Utd away was an ideal first league game for us after a horrible summer. No real expectation and a chance for real quality players to show what they can do on the biggest stage. We were unlucky but I think the game went exactly as I expected.

Yes, we should've scored at least one and that was a stonewall penalty at the end. Teams like Wolves do not get those decisions at Old Trafford though - some things never change.

We played well and were the better team. That was Lopetegui's team though and we have a long way to go. I really do feel that we need to get points on the board if we are going to do anything this season. O'Neil needs momentum or he simply isn't going to last. He is a top bloke and he was excellent at Bournemouth. But comparing his CV to Lopetegui's is a big step down. Best of luck to O'Neil and his staff - fingers crossed he can build on tonight and the team he has inherited. I'm sure he'll get a good reception on Saturday.

We lost Neves which is huge. He has been completely different class the last few years. I think we have good cover for all of the other players that have left. I still think our bench last night was better than any other team outside the top 8 sides in the Prem (even better than Villa's). That shows how well we've improved the squad over the last few seasons.

Most people won't agree with me on this and I apologise in advance but... I really feel that Max Kilman is still the weakest link in our team. I really want him to step up and improve his defensive positioning and decision making. He consistently makes mistakes and did again last night. He probably did 4 or 5 really good things in the game but also made 4 or 5 quite bad mistakes. It is entertaining when he dribbles forward (and he's good at it) but his job is to defend. He needs to improve for me. He needs to cut out the mistakes if we are going to move forward. He can learn from Dawson. We need him to play well to get the points we need and I think we could even be a top 10 side. The goals will come if we keep creating chances and get some belief back.

Hopefully we can get the points on Saturday. It is going to be tough but we definitely can win. Playing at home to Brighton is completely different to what we faced last night but let's hope for some luck and do the job.
Was losing Neves huge? I didn't think it would be and certainly don't now. Look at the speed with which we carved them open last night, again and again and again, Whereas Neves and Mouts did love a back pass. I haven't seen Wolves play like that for years so we can readily put the departures behind us. 47m was a great bit of business in my opinion even if it only raises our budget for new players to 18 quid !

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was losing Neves huge? I didn't think it would be and certainly don't now. Look at the speed with which we carved them open last night, again and again and again, Whereas Neves and Mouts did love a back pass! 47m was a great bit of business in my opinion even if it only raises our budget for new platers to 18 quid !

Real test will be when we have to control and break teams down. Last 20 mins gives me hope.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was losing Neves huge? I didn't think it would be and certainly don't now. Look at the speed with which we carved them open last night, again and again and again, Whereas Neves and Mouts did love a back pass. I haven't seen Wolves play like that for years so we can readily put the departures behind us. 47m was a great bit of business in my opinion even if it only raises our budget for new players to 18 quid !

Carved them open repeatedly through the centre, too. I don't think we've attacked so much through the centre in any match since the day Nuno arrived! None of this slowly cycling the ball out wide. Has the horseshoe of doom finally been laid to rest? Or will O'Neil revert to it to win points after we lose our first 3 games, as Bruno did, through being unable to score? Still a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom