Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd v Wolves comms thread.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that JadeWolf summed it up perfectly in her pre-match thread.

Since we have to play ManUtd away at some point in the season, now is probably the best time, before they get into a settled routine. We do have a good squad of players and if they click we could just sneak a result. Any way I hope the lads come up with a performance to be proud of whatever the result!

COYW you can do it! :D :D :D

1692036161576.png

SuziQ

Reaction score
Honestly a bit disappointed that Silva isn't starting. Hopefully GO learns from this mistake for the Brighton match on Saturday.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Argggggh. Cunha is not a number 9!!!!!
Not like we played badly first half against Rennes with that lineup though, and Gomes in place of Hodge sounds good.
Maybe it’s a keep it tight first half, then have a proper striker second half.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha looks 3-4x the player when played as a 10 alongside a 9. Makes no sense to me this formation……

Why people can’t see that Cunha needs help up there I don’t know!
And he supposed to have had a knock and didn’t train for some of last week. Hmmm…..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another manager that doesn’t realise Cunha is a headless chicken on his own rich man’s keogh

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
It absolutely does my head in to see several managers seemingly unable to understand what position some of our players play in. Why on earth are we playing a 4-3-3, and why on earth are we playing cunha alone up top. Where is fabio? This is why fabio will leave because he constantly gets neglected despite doing more than enough to start. Did Gary do any research on our players or our pre season games??

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he's gone conservative first half in the hope of staying in the game.

Will that line up make us a goal threat? No
Will it allow for a 4-6 formation at times? Yes

We can make the changes to go for it later in the game. Hopefully Silva can play his way into the side.

Glad Ait-Nouri is playing. That shows some sense and intent instead of defaulting to Bueno who made more appearances last season

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was looking forward to the game and now I am not. I hoped GON would do something different.

Think that’s too early. Man Utd away with a couple of full days with the team at Compton? Nah, he needs to adapt what we did pre season first, and evolve as he gets more time with the players in training.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As mentioned on the thread, good luck to those who watch, unfortunately real life gets in the way, seeing the line up feels like a game I've seen a million times.

Might be one for the highlights.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our first 4 games are Man U away Brighton home Everton away and Palace away. The corresponding fixtures last season we took 3 points. A fairly low bar to improve upon. COYW.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON had less than a week in the job, this team is as expected because probably what was already planned for starting. Think we'll get pumped but this is a free hit. Let him make his own observations after some time and we go from there.
Nothing on GON this game.
Whether the right one moving forward we will see

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Sky MNF… new season, new studio, same crap. We got our interview with GON and 2 min uninformed pundit discussion, and that’s it. Manchester all the way… funny enough, maybe I’m actually watching Manchester Night Football?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s ran with JL’s plans to be honest regarding starting line up. If that’s what they’ve been preparing for, in all honestly it makes sense to stick with and evolve it over time.
You will be blaming JL if we lose thi one heavily then

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like Cunha as the #9 especially after missing a few days of training with a knock. But to be fair, Gary hasn't had much time yet to go over the squad, so it makes sense to keep what was planned for the first game.

And honestly, we couldn't lose Sarabia from the starting squad.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how much notice the manager takes of the player's opinions?

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where Neto and Sarabia play. If narrow and in and around Cunha it can work. However if they stay wide Cunha will be isolated and drop deep.

Interested to see GON’s take on it. But as we’ve all said, Cunha is not your typical target man.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game is part of the GON learning curve. Nobody (even most of our own supporters) and certainly most of the pundits and commentators expect us to get anything, so learn what you can, Gaz.
More important and winnable games to come.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s pretty much the team from last week with Gomes for Hodge.

I don’t like Cuhna as the 9 but O’Neil has been here 4 days and has gone with the team as prepped by Lopetegui.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that JadeWolf summed it up perfectly in her pre-match thread.

Since we have to play ManUtd away at some point in the season, now is probably the best time, before they get into a settled routine. We do have a good squad of players and if they click we could just sneak a result. Any way I hope the lads come up with a performance to be proud of whatever the result!

COYW you can do it! :D :D :D

View attachment 36471

Back
Top Bottom