Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said, FFP is a smokescreen, we are not in danger of breaking it, how can we be with a bottom half wage bill? Transfer spending is one thing but it's wages that really **** up clubs' finances, as Everton have shown. We're around 13th.....

Losses from covid still a factor? You also have to bear in mind it’s years of poor transfer dealings that we’re still paying for that add up and if the owners aren’t willing to cover off their allowable losses then it becomes a problem.

Put simply we have wasted so much money it’s scary

Wolves2018

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't believe some are talking about letting Julen leave with pleasure! We can be a fickle bunch at times, he's a quality manager who has identified that the team are dog****, look at the **** show today playing the team that will be mainly starting 11 next season without signings, its a relegation battle and he knows that! At least he's got the balls to stand up for the club for a change.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever is going on behind the scenes, JL’s bleating and discussing what should be internal matters in the press is unprofessional. Ok, maybe once, but the repetition is tiresome. If he’s not happy, sort it internally or go.

It is starting to become pretty tiresome and a convenient smokescreen for the fact we just haven’t been very good in recent weeks

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listened to the interview and maybe it is a translation problem.
Here goes, instead of, Re-sign, basically buy them back, he means resign them, which in Spanish is Renunciar which means give up your job or refuse to take it.
Maybe he means we need some players to leave and quickly, otherwise I can't buy the players I want, because we only have so much money because of FFP.
A long shot and probably wrong, but maybe it is the translation that is wrong.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The recent matches away from home have shown that the squad for next season is going to be in the bottom half scrapping at best. We may get lucky with a couple of weakish teams coming up but right now we are in real turmoil with a manager seemingly wanting out, no money and an unhappy squad with our best players likely to go. Not a recipe for success. We must be a real relegation possibility next season unless things change

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season can just **** off and hopefully some of the players and non-playing staff can do one also.

Lopetegui - This is difficult for me because he has saved us and i don't know how because we are a poor poor team with gutless players. So kudos for him.

However he can be very odd and some of his tactics and decisions are bizarre. I don't see a style of play and i don't know what he is doing. Then he is blabbering on about the FFP stuff all the time. Well if he doesn't want to be here then just leave. It's getting boring now and the atmosphere in the club is probably wrank.

Fosun - What are there doing now? Do they want to sell? Do they realise that we were so lucky this season. Their investment will be bugger all soon if they don't sort all this out.

Apparently we have no money now but they spunked 40m on Cunha. Thats another fosun dodgy dealing again. We helped athlitico (40m for Cunha), helped Barca (overpaid with semedo, trincao and the traore debacle), helped valancia (overpaid with Guedes), helped Porto (fabio), etc etc. Why are we doing this? Seems like there is another 1 coming with the neves "sale".

Recruitment - Who calls the shots? Let's look at the last transfer window. Cunha has been a failure really, not a bad player but 40m!!!! Sarabia was been a failure, lemina has been 50/50, Gomes has been 50/50, Bentley is a filler and Dawson has been good. Overall there is not 70m of value there. We still have not bought a ****ing striker!!! WHY!? What are there doing.

Overall we have been so lucky and we have dodged a bullet. However it feels like that we are going to shoot ourselves and blow our brains in.

Lopetegui, the players, Fosun and Jeff need to ****ing grow a pair. This season was absolute *******s and I don't want to see it again, especially that we need to pay extra for the "privilege".

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
If the repeated FFP rumours are true. I find it really difficult to believe that our financial situation was not clearly explained / discussed before this point, I’d even think at hiring stage.
At the moment it feels like - here’s a 3 year contract to manage us… JLO signs… surprise we spent all our money in Jan! Weird.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't believe some are talking about letting Julen leave with pleasure! We can be a fickle bunch at times, he's a quality manager who has identified that the team are dog****, look at the **** show today playing the team that will be mainly starting 11 next season without signings, its a relegation battle and he knows that! At least he's got the balls to stand up for the club for a change.
No-one is coming out of this well. The team has no confidence, going backwards, and too many expensive flops with poor attitudes; we can't score, our coaching, tactics and training don't translate to chances on the pitch; Fosun are letting the stadium crumble and seem to be rowing back on commitments made; Shi looks hopeless, can't communicate to the fans; and Julen seems to be looking for excuses to back out of his contract; and yet the fans keep turning up.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he picked that team to show how weak we are. But all this “i have a contract” **** is getting me down. He is 100% right we need investment. But if the money isnt there we have to get on with it and he should leave if its not enough for him. I think he wants a new job/pay off. We currently look in worse shape than this time last year and that is saying something!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the repeated FFP rumours are true. I find it really difficult to believe that our financial situation was not clearly explained / discussed before this point, I’d even think at hiring stage.
At the moment it feels like - here’s a 3 year contract to manage us… JLO signs… surprise we spent all our money in Jan! Weird.

Listening to his BBC post match and what’s been reported over the past week, I guess I can hypothesise that when he started, he was given an initial target of survival this season. We heard there was some break clause, likely triggered had he failed to keep us up. I imagine what comes next - what his objectives are from the club, should we stay up, may have been less well defined and only loosely discussed at the time he started. That’s what he and the club are working through since securing survival - what targets he will held accountable to, and what financial envelope he has to work in to achieve that. From reports it sounds like he’s more ambitious than the club, or at least that the club can afford, and that’s proving to be frustrating to him, albeit it’s a continuing dialogue and not a breakdown in the relationship.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there not been a contract offer for him for a year or more which he has chosen not to sign?
If he is our best attacker then we clearly need a number of signings - preferably ones who can score and assist.
He's nowhere near our best attacker. Look at his numbers. Some people can't separate being the most exciting and actual quality. He's easily the most exciting, but the numbers don't lie. He's ineffective where it counts and he isnt the only one so it's unfair not to include the others. They are all very, very ordinary.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever is going on behind the scenes, JL’s bleating and discussing what should be internal matters in the press is unprofessional. Ok, maybe once, but the repetition is tiresome. If he’s not happy, sort it internally or go.
He's not calling press conferences to talk about it. Journalists keep asking him questions about it, so he gives some sort of generic half ***** answer.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only want JL to stay because I fear who Shi might replace him with. Said pretty much the same about Lage this time last season.

Really think it's time Fosun sell up. The supposed project is on life support and what used to be their strengths (communication, transparency, vision, drive) are now glaring weaknesses. They've taken Wolves as far as they can and surely the clubs value is near optimal levels.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not calling press conferences to talk about it. Journalists keep asking him questions about it, so he gives some sort of generic half ***** answer.
I do want lopetegui here, he's a top class manager but we can't let it drag on and he probably should stop answering questions about the money because he is coming across as a bit of a whinger.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do want lopetegui here, he's a top class manager but we can't let it drag on and he probably should stop answering questions about the money because he is coming across as a bit of a whinger.
His answers don't elaborate on anything though. He may as well be saying nothing. But then if he said nothing, you'd all be jumping to conclusions anyway.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's nowhere near our best attacker. Look at his numbers. Some people can't separate being the most exciting and actual quality. He's easily the most exciting, but the numbers don't lie. He's ineffective where it counts and he isnt the only one so it's unfair not to include the others. They are all very, very ordinary.
I don’t disagree - Adama’s poor numbers are matched by many others. I do believe we have players who have greater movement and pressing qualities though although none the combined strength and speed.
I may well be in the minority, but he has never been the most exciting for me to watch however as I always preferred Jota‘s movement and directness, Raul’s all round game and Neves’ workrate and passing range. I will never understand why that run against Seville into the heart of their defence was a one-off.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His answers don't elaborate on anything though. He may as well be saying nothing. But then if he said nothing, you'd all be jumping to conclusions anyway.

I don't think I would. He said what he needs to, he doesn't need to keep whining about it now. If he doesn't want to work under these conditions he should just walk.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He carries himself so much better than Lage ever did and, as a manager we courted for so long, it would be a major disappointment if we lost him now.
Would be very concerned at any appointment if Julen decides to walk and while the rhetoric isn’t great, I really just hope he is pushing as far as he can for re-inforcements rather than a move away.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still not buying how we can have so little to spend.
Fosun/Wolves have money and they will protect their investment. That’s the good news.
However, to what extent they feel protection is accomplished is another thing.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult situation isn't it really. All he's been asked about for a couple of weeks now is about FFP. Honestly tired of it all now, wished they'd kept it under wraps and resolved it in private. I understand why it's been leaked to the media to apply pressure to the ownership, but they can't allow this to drag on for weeks.

Whether he stays or goes he has my utmost respect, took a massive gamble keeping us up from a shocking position when most of us had given up after Ian Beale turned us down. Ultimately I think he's an ambitious man and he wants to take us as far as he can. If he can't get the backing he needs to overhaul the squad and rebuild the squad to his liking, I think there's a strong chance he walks as I don't see him wanting to fight relegation again next season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I would. He said what he needs to, he doesn't need to keep whining about it now. If he doesn't want to work under these conditions he should just walk.
The whining is only for the fans. No one besides Wolves fans probably give a toss. If this was poker, both Jeff and JL would know from when JL signed on what each other cards they held. There’s very little wiggle room here. Jeff has the better hand.
Jl can’t walk without damaging his rep, ( apart from the risk of a massive lawsuit all over the media,), and Jeff just has to stay quiet and wait til it all blows over and normal business continues.

Hard to know what JL’s main goal here by directly or indirectly using the media to yap about money. Having avoided relegation, there’s no way that Wolves weren’t going to spend bigish this window.
So why irk your new boss with media stuff? Does he really think that he holds more cards than Wolves?

I assume that JL is using Wolves as a stepping stone into the PL and that’s ok……all coaches want to lead the big clubs.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This intense dislike of Hwang is very odd. You are just choosing to ignore the reality that he has been much improved since the World Cup and has played well.

Seems you just have a personal dislike for the player. I just hope this dislike does not come from a place of prejudice.
Just noticed this. How dare you suggest such a thing and think it's ok?

Besides, my favorite actor ever is Lee Siao Lung.

Bulls the man

Reaction score
If he’s not staying he needs to go with immediate effect as we can do without this drama andnegativity.
how much money is he wanting?we have spent heavily and this will continue but we do have financial limitations.
Too much dirty washing being aired in public for me,a little bit more dicoram needed.
If he walks I’d love to see graham potter take the helm.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the figuers are correct, he will earn more at Wolves than he has earned in the last 20 years, since he started managing, bearing in mind he has only managed in club management for about 4 of those. With the money he got paid off at Sevilla too, as he signed an extension to his contract in 2021, he will have done well for himself.
His wages will be worth every penny for keeping us up though.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
There have been many things that have gone wrong this season starting with our recruitment and then the World Cup but we can’t disguise the fact we only achieved 2 streaky away wins and had to rely on decent home form to keep us up.
Things have to change and if they don’t we are likely to be here again next season ,the team has gone flat and needs an overhaul.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw his interview with Sky right after the game. He seems to think the press know more than he does when it comes to money being available for transfers. I dont think he will be here very long at all.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been many things that have gone wrong this season starting with our recruitment and then the World Cup but we can’t disguise the fact we only achieved 2 streaky away wins and had to rely on decent home form to keep us up.
Things have to change and if they don’t we are likely to be here again next season ,the team has gone flat and needs an overhaul.
This. We should be doing cartwheels finishing 13th considering where we were at Christmas, and with one of Europe’s top managers at the helm…. Yet, here we are all worried, concerned at fearing where we are heading, our manager is making signs of wanting to leave, our senior players have all reached the end of their time here (thankfully in some cases), and its so difficult not to see difficult times ahead. Such a shame it‘s ending this way.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can understand how he wants to see a budget where he can build a team to compete for Europe and not just fight relegation in the Premier league. A make do and mend approach with limited resources cannot be at all satisfying for any manager who has ambition. I am not sure their is an easy fix or satisfactory compromise for this one. Hopefully a strategy for recovery with a realistic budget and some decent player acquisitions can be arranged that satisfies the manager so that he can take us forward.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
We're lucky to have him as our manager but think he may well leave.

With FFP now starting to bite and no realistic chance of competing with the big boys in Europe next season I wouldn't be surprised if he left for another "project".

Frustrating as I struggle to see us getting better than him.

Back
Top Bottom