Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, it might very well be some skin off your nose. You have posted before that Bruno was going to be fired.

Now considering that football is a very small ‘industry’ and there’s always gossip about……players, agents, lawyers, accountants, secretaries, tea ladies, doctors, physios, journalists, etc would all know about Jeff‘s decision to fire Bruno.
The coach is arguably the most important position is a football club. A CEO doesn’t lightly decide to fire a coach…..and then keep him anyway.
If Bruno knew he was not wanted, would he stay?
If the players knew that Jeff has no confidence in Bruno, would they take him seriously?
Would players, like Gueses, Nunes , Collins and maybe Ramos sign if they knew Jeff doesn’t want Bruno?

I could go on but I’d suggest to you that your source may not be as well informed as he led you to believe.
Chill!
Actually, what Hoganstolemywife said makes lots of sense and fits in with other rumours too. We should have sacked Lage, but now he has been given a chance, let's hope he takes it . I'm not so sure, but he may have learned from last season

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chill!
Actually, what Hoganstolemywife said makes lots of sense and fits in with other rumours too. We should have sacked Lage, but now he has been given a chance, let's hope he takes it . I'm not so sure, but he may have learned from last season
From a business point of view, it makes little or no sense.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, it might very well be some skin off your nose. You have posted before that Bruno was going to be fired.

Now considering that football is a very small ‘industry’ and there’s always gossip about……players, agents, lawyers, accountants, secretaries, tea ladies, doctors, physios, journalists, etc would all know about Jeff‘s decision to fire Bruno.
The coach is arguably the most important position is a football club. A CEO doesn’t lightly decide to fire a coach…..and then keep him anyway.
If the players knew that Jeff has no confidence in Bruno, would they take him seriously?
Would players, like Gueses, Nunes , Collins and maybe Ramos sign if they knew Jeff doesn’t want Bruno?

I could go on but I’d suggest to you that your source may not be as well informed as he led you to believe.
This chap is incredibly well informed. If he says it almost happened, then in my mind it almost happened. He has proven himself beyond a shadow of doubt.

You, of course, don't have to believe me/him, or even view my posts, should you choose. We return to the principle of nose-skin and I re-assert that it doesn't affect mine :)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If someone wants to put BS on here then that's up to them but I think hoganstolemywife doesn't seem to be a WUM
I mean....I've never had any info before and it's all very exciting for me!

I shall not stop posting what I hear. Do feel free to ignore me if you don't want to hear it/experience my terrible puns :)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now considering that football is a very small ‘industry’ and there’s always gossip about……players, agents, lawyers, accountants, secretaries, tea ladies, doctors, physios, journalists, etc would all know about Jeff‘s decision to fire Bruno. They will do yeah, you’ve never heard about a colleague of yours being under pressure at work because they aren’t performing to the level expected?

The coach is arguably the most important position is a football club. A CEO doesn’t lightly decide to fire a coach…..and then keep him anyway. Again, yeah, why not? If they’ve decided they weren’t 100% happy with his performance but feel there’s not a better candidate available right now they may give the opportunity to prove himself but he’ll be aware he’s got to perform otherwise he will be gone.

If Bruno knew he was not wanted, would he stay? Yes, if your boss pulls you up for underperforming do you pull a face and walk? That’d say more about you than them.

If the players knew that Jeff has no confidence in Bruno, would they take him seriously? I’d hope so, they’re employed by the club to perform for it and if the club says that’s the person they’re working with if everything expect them to be professional and do so.

Would players, like Gueses, Nunes , Collins and maybe Ramos sign if they knew Jeff doesn’t want Bruno? Yes, they’ve signed for the club not Bruno. He’s a coach not a manager. If you only moved somewhere to be with a specific manager you’re probably best not bothering as you’ll likely out last them at most clubs these days.

None of what you’ve said proves Bruno’s job wasn’t under scrutiny, you’ve just assumed that the club will automatically release him if they aren’t happy which I’d suggest is a pretty stupid move to take if you don’t have the right candidate available to replace him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have a new manager and Ramos by the end of September our switch will have been completed in weeks.
A ruthless and quick change by Fosun

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would players, like Gueses, Nunes , Collins and maybe Ramos sign if they knew Jeff doesn’t want Bruno? Yes, they’ve signed for the club not Bruno. He’s a coach not a manager. If you only moved somewhere to be with a specific manager you’re probably best not bothering as you’ll likely out last them at most clubs these days.

We are also in a position now where the current squad looks a lot more appealing to a new manager than it did at the start of the summer.

Other than a new striker, Bruno has been provided with the tools that he needs and the pressure is now on him to deliver.

If he can't do that, there's plenty out there that would be very happy to work with this squad of players.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are also in a position now where the current squad looks a lot more appealing to a new manager than it did at the start of the summer.

Other than a new striker, Bruno has been provided with the tools that he needs and the pressure is now on him to deliver.

If he can't do that, there's plenty out there that would be very happy to work with this squad of players.
Very clever planning by Fosun. It has reinforced my faith in them.
Bruno steps up or there will be good managers to replace him.
I am sure that was not the case when Nuno left.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have nothing to base it on, but i do think if we sack Bruno then Amorim is pretty much a done deal.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now considering that football is a very small ‘industry’ and there’s always gossip about……players, agents, lawyers, accountants, secretaries, tea ladies, doctors, physios, journalists, etc would all know about Jeff‘s decision to fire Bruno. They will do yeah, you’ve never heard about a colleague of yours being under pressure at work because they aren’t performing to the level expected?

The coach is arguably the most important position is a football club. A CEO doesn’t lightly decide to fire a coach…..and then keep him anyway. Again, yeah, why not? If they’ve decided they weren’t 100% happy with his performance but feel there’s not a better candidate available right now they may give the opportunity to prove himself but he’ll be aware he’s got to perform otherwise he will be gone.

If Bruno knew he was not wanted, would he stay? Yes, if your boss pulls you up for underperforming do you pull a face and walk? That’d say more about you than them.

If the players knew that Jeff has no confidence in Bruno, would they take him seriously? I’d hope so, they’re employed by the club to perform for it and if the club says that’s the person they’re working with if everything expect them to be professional and do so.

None of what you’ve said proves Bruno’s job wasn’t under scrutiny, you’ve just assumed that the club will automatically release him if they aren’t happy which I’d suggest is a pretty stupid move to take if you don’t have the right candidate available to replace him.
Under scrutiny is one thing….no problem. That’s understandable especially the season we had.
But there was a claim that Jeff was going to fire Bruno. My point is that if a CEO has reached that decision, then he would usually follow through. You can’t very well keep a coach after that news becomes common knowledge.

But hey, its all a moot point anyway.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under scrutiny is one thing….no problem. That’s understandable especially the season we had.
But there was a claim that Jeff was going to fire Bruno. My point is that if a CEO has reached that decision, then he would usually follow through. You can’t very well keep a coach after that news becomes common knowledge.

But hey, its all a moot point anyway.
Perhaps they realised Wolves were not going to get better in the Summer.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At this stage I have reservations but trust in the powers that be to take any action necessary.

My reservations include reports that despite great urgings from Lage during games the players don't appear to
change tack in the way he wants.
The penalty farce versus Preston was clearly not in accord with Lage's instructions, and how dare players do their own thing
once in the middle? Out of interest where was the skipper when the penalty action was taking place?
IF the problem is that Lage cannot get his players to follow his instructions, there is no improving possible by the coach, he simply
is unable to command the necessary respect.
Technical issues such as substitutions are hardly worth considering if respect is wanting.
My gut feeling is he will not be in charge for much longer, but if the team start delivering the results everyone hopes for, I will gladly
admit to a misjudgement on my part.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this stage I have reservations but trust in the powers that be to take any action necessary.

My reservations include reports that despite great urgings from Lage during games the players don't appear to
change tack in the way he wants.
The penalty farce versus Preston was clearly not in accord with Lage's instructions, and how dare players do their own thing
once in the middle? Out of interest where was the skipper when the penalty action was taking place?
IF the problem is that Lage cannot get his players to follow his instructions, there is no improving possible by the coach, he simply
is unable to command the necessary respect.

Yes, recently I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. Not that long ago, we had a team who would fight till the end, put their bodies on the line to get a result. I know it sounds melodramatic, but it's the least you ask for at this level, given the rewards on offer. But we haven't been like that for a long while, now.

It's early days, I thought the new influx would give a shake up, but perhaps they will just sink into the same cosy, comfy zone the entire club seems to have drifted into. And maybe because, when we put in the 110% effort a couple of seasons ago, it just made us more aware of the gap between the top 6 and the rest. When mid-table is your best hope, I imagine it can be demotivating.

What's been different this season so far is the intensity by just about every other team in the Premier League. Man U had also been lacksaidasical, but visibly raised it to the level you'd expect and then beat Liverpool. Leaving just us as the only club that still hasn't really got started yet. It's watching other games that's really brought home something missing in our game.

Anyway, it is the managers job to handle that. If he can't , we'll have some very expensive signings just turning up, strolling around and collecting their pay. It's not as if this isn't a known problem that happens to many clubs once they feel safe in this league.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you walk out of a very lucrative contract if you thought your job was under threat and a very handsome severance was in the pipeline?
This question is irrelevant to the topic because if Jeff had decided that Bruno wasn’t good enough, he’d fire him.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean....I've never had any info before and it's all very exciting for me!

I shall not stop posting what I hear. Do feel free to ignore me if you don't want to hear it/experience my terrible puns :)
I couldn’t give two ****s if what you say is true or not. My life is so vacuous, you could tell me **** tastes like sugar and I’d still give it a sniff, just in case. :)

Back
Top Bottom