Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Widely assumed Lopetegui is leaving, Sevilla in poor form and they think he's run his 'cycle'. Since us and Lopetegui were first linked we've both progressed a long way, Lopetegui more than us, but if he fancies a job in the PL then we'd have to be one of the front runners. The top six aren't changing manager any time soon, nor West Ham

Reboot the project

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder why he’s leaving as his contract runs to 2024……fired?….and if so, why?

I never liked the way, only 3 weeks after signing an extension on his Spanish contract, he took the Real job.And then fired after only 2 months with Real.
Julen the Brief.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen to come in the summer to implement a change to his possession based 433 and give us an identity of play again, with a surge of spanish players like Nico, Soler & Isco to come in to replace some of the departing Portuguese.

Come on Jeff get to it.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has done a remarkable job getting this group of players into 8th. With a scintilla of help we'd have finished at least 7th as well.

And whilst I have certain concerns, he deserves this summer to bring in his own players and implement his desired style of play/formation.

These grass is always greener sort of speculative forums are the wrong side of useful.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder why he’s leaving as his contract runs to 2024……fired?….and if so, why?

I never liked the way, only 3 weeks after signing an extension on his Spanish contract, he took the Real job.And then fired after only 2 months with Real.
Julen the Brief.
Reports that he was sacked as performances were abit stale, He will prob get another Job in Spain as I think we will give Bruno another year

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’d had the choice of Lopetegui or Lage a year ago I don’t think anyone would have chosen Lage. In the following year I’ve seen very little from Lage to change my mind! If JL is available we should be all over it, in exactly the same way as we would upgrade any position in the team.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lopetegui is undoubtedly a good manager, however after a bright start this year for Sevilla they have really tailed off towards the end of the season and are playing some very negative football.... this is very similar to ourselves.

He maybe eyeing up something bigger than Wolves and if we did get him he could vert well Foxtrot Oscar as soon as someone bigger comes in as he has done in the past.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui was attracted by 'the project' back in 2016, the same project that attracted Neves, Jota, Moutinho, Raul, Nuno and many others.

Sadly the project no longer seems to exist. Lopetegui won't want to join a club looking to amble along, spending very little money and hopefully finishing mid-table.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui was attracted by 'the project' back in 2016, the same project that attracted Neves, Jota, Moutinho, Raul, Nuno and many others.

Sadly the project no longer seems to exist. Lopetegui won't want to join a club looking to amble along, spending very little money and hopefully finishing mid-table.
Yeh I agree. Despite this their is still an irrational hope I have that this is just the reset and project part 2 is about to go into overdrive this summer. It’s the hope that kills your though.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui is undoubtedly a good manager, however after a bright start this year for Sevilla they have really tailed off towards the end of the season and are playing some very negative football.... this is very similar to ourselves.

He maybe eyeing up something bigger than Wolves and if we did get him he could vert well Foxtrot Oscar as soon as someone bigger comes in as he has done in the past.
When was the last time we had a manager leave for something bigger? It really isn’t a problem as if he’s wanted by someone bigger it would mean he’s doing a great job and we’re in a good position.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think Lage 'deserves' anything really. He's had a fair shake and a full season - it's been 6 years since we sacked a manager mid-term. If a better option is available we should go for it.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time we had a manager leave for something bigger? It really isn’t a problem as if he’s wanted by someone bigger it would mean he’s doing a great job and we’re in a good position.
Precisely. We haven’t lost a manager in anyone on this board’s lifetime!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think the “project” is off, but I think the fun part of it is. With strong backing and time he could potentially take us up to regular European challengers, but I don’t see it happening.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think todays result is pivotal for Bruno
Lose and i cant see him hanging on tbh
Im neither for or against him really,in some ways id like him to get a summer of recruitment behind him and judge him then,but also i just get the feeling things arent right behind the scenes in some way

If he does go is Lopetegui the right man?
He was certainly Fosuns first choice and a high profile experienced manager
Is the project still alive enough for him?
Thats what Fosun will have to convince him of if indeed he is in the running

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think todays result is pivotal for Bruno
Lose and i cant see him hanging on tbh
Im neither for or against him really,in some ways id like him to get a summer of recruitment behind him and judge him then,but also i just get the feeling things arent right behind the scenes in some way

If he does go is Lopetegui the right man?
He was certainly Fosuns first choice and a high profile experienced manager
Is the project still alive enough for him?
Thats what Fosun will have to convince him of if indeed he is in the running
If today's result is pivotal then Lage has already gone.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or anyone else's lifetime!

I remember people saying we shouldn't get McGhee as he was using us as a stepping stone!
Seem to recall back in the very dim and distant past one of our managers moved to a rival, possibly more of a sideways move.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not good enough to get us into the top 6 so move on

Rose tinted glasses are in effect quite a lot, I loved Nuno and he's had more of a connection to the club and fans than any other coach in my lifetime,

However change was needed, last season the football was atrocious no goals in the first half for the majority of games.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lopetegui isn't going to come here and play attractive football either but yeah clearly a top manager - he is used to sell to buy as well.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not one who is Lage out but if there is even a small chance we could get this guy in we should be trying!

Back
Top Bottom