Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant top 6, top 7/8 yeah you can do that.

How many top 6? Obviously conference league is cool but is it worth boring football? Idk, judgement call
It halves, roughly. Surprising amount of low scoring teams, even in the top 6. But with European qualification looking easier with the expanded CL, meaning English clubs' good performance meaning 8th will probably qualify for Europe, 7th seems a more pertinent bench mark.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For translation:

Julen Lopetegui will continue to lead Sevilla , at least next season, as confirmed by the president of the Seville club, José Castro . The Basque coach has all the confidence of the board despite the fact that in the last days of the League the club has not given the image that was expected, however, this has not had any repercussions on the confidence that is had in the methods of the Basque, they want to stay linked.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For translation:

Julen Lopetegui will continue to lead Sevilla , at least next season, as confirmed by the president of the Seville club, José Castro . The Basque coach has all the confidence of the board despite the fact that in the last days of the League the club has not given the image that was expected, however, this has not had any repercussions on the confidence that is had in the methods of the Basque, they want to stay linked.
I guess that the interesting questions are does he want to stay and are they protecting any compo?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He still has to meet with Monchi - but if the President is saying he is staying, it seems unlikely. And lets be honest - if the links to players like Thomas Henry and Almeida are true - I doubt we are a big draw these days, especially for somebody who has achieved ECL qualification in the last four seasons!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He still has to meet with Monchi - but if the President is saying he is staying, it seems unlikely. And lets be honest - if the links to players like Thomas Henry and Almeida are true - I doubt we are a big draw these days, especially for somebody who has achieved ECL qualification in the last four seasons!
I don't demure but there is the Jorge factor... I'd love us to grab Monchi too....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until Bruno is sacked or the end of next season at least.
If Bruno stays next season the season afterwards will be Championship football and the likes of Lopetgui will be a pipe dream.

To be honest if he manages more than 5 games I think we’ll be relegated.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is claiming Lopetegui will be walking away from Sevilla, despite the President claiming he would be continuing.

It probably means nothing to us but it would be nice to think it did!
Translation

The bomb exploded this afternoon when, from Cadena Ser, it was revealed that Lopetegui's surroundings are sending out signals that the coach will not continue in Nervión next season.

According to Manolo Aguilar, the coach wants a deep remodeling of the squad, but in a different direction than the one the club intends.

Sounds like bruno at wolves

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Translation

The bomb exploded this afternoon when, from Cadena Ser, it was revealed that Lopetegui's surroundings are sending out signals that the coach will not continue in Nervión next season.

According to Manolo Aguilar, the coach wants a deep remodeling of the squad, but in a different direction than the one the club intends.

Sounds like bruno at wolves
So he’s looking for a project?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not had a great start to the season.

Sevilla fans are getting restless and some calling for a change.

I'm not anti-Bruno in any way.

But if this guy did part ways with Sevilla and suddenly became available, it would be interesting to see what Fosun did.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Meh, brilliant recruitment. That's stopped and now he looks like he does elsewhere.

Poch the pipedream, suspect he gets a big boy abroad who pulls the trigger on a coach early

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Not had a great start to the season.

Sevilla fans are getting restless and some calling for a change.

I'm not anti-Bruno in any way.

But if this guy did part ways with Sevilla and suddenly became available, it would be interesting to see what Fosun did.
Turned us down twice so don't think we'll go in for him again.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Twice? Didn’t know that.
Are you sure?
He turned us down for the Spain job as we know. Not official but someone on here said Bruno was going to be sacked but was waiting to see if Julien was going to leave Sevilla but he didn't.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Meh, brilliant recruitment. That's stopped and now he looks like he does elsewhere.

Poch the pipedream, suspect he gets a big boy abroad who pulls the trigger on a coach early
Poch would be my absolute favourite. I know it is highly unlikely

Though hope we do well enough to not consider replacing Bruno

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reliably informed we were in for him this summer
He turned us down for the Spain job as we know. Not official but someone on here said Bruno was going to be sacked but was waiting to see if Julien was going to leave Sevilla but he didn't.
Ok…..
but I think I’ll pass on this rumour, thanks. I doubt that Wolves were going to fire Bruno.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok…..
but I think I’ll pass on this rumour, thanks. I doubt that Wolves were going to fire Bruno.
Sure - no skin off my nose :)

I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeds Bruno. Obviously I hope Bruno establishes an absolute dynasty and goes back to bring touted for the top pl jobs though!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure - no skin off my nose :)

I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeds Bruno. Obviously I hope Bruno establishes an absolute dynasty and goes back to bring touted for the top pl jobs though!
Actually, it might very well be some skin off your nose. You have posted before that Bruno was going to be fired.

Now considering that football is a very small ‘industry’ and there’s always gossip about……players, agents, lawyers, accountants, secretaries, tea ladies, doctors, physios, journalists, etc would all know about Jeff‘s decision to fire Bruno.
The coach is arguably the most important position is a football club. A CEO doesn’t lightly decide to fire a coach…..and then keep him anyway.
If Bruno knew he was not wanted, would he stay?
If the players knew that Jeff has no confidence in Bruno, would they take him seriously?
Would players, like Gueses, Nunes , Collins and maybe Ramos sign if they knew Jeff doesn’t want Bruno?

I could go on but I’d suggest to you that your source may not be as well informed as he led you to believe.

Back
Top Bottom