Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
And also saw Fabio Silva benched again.... Scored first goal on Saturday for Rangers and on BBC was Man of the Match. Just when we thought he might get a bit of confidence and smile again, yet another manager ****es on his fireworks.

Perhaps he has a slight strain... Sorry for the lad.
They’ll be managing his game time he’s still fairly young and not played that much

Rowzed

Reaction score
Hadn’t appreciated just how dire Scots football is
When a Norwich cast off is the best player on the pitch,
I’m glad Fabio is getting minutes but if this is the standard,

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to make it more interesting its also Colin's first game as Aberdeen manager l believe....

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Read an interesting article on Dexter Lembikisa earlier saying how he is enjoying his loan spell at Hearts and is playing in a much more attacking team that have a lot of possession. Seems he is doing well there and will be great for us potentially if he comes back in pre season in confident and attacking form.
Glad he's doing well. I hope him, and Hearts, have a total stinker tomorrow night, though! :grinning:

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Apart from the odd good touch from Fabio there’s just nothing that stands out physically, with his movement or his workrate. Really want him to come good, but he’s blending in nicely into Scottish football :(

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday 7th Feb

Harry Birtwhistle made his first start for Oxford City playing 90 mins as they lost 2-0 away in a relegation fight game vs Woking.

Joe Young played 90 minutes and saved two penalties in the shoot out as Buxton beat Derby u21s in the Derbyshire Senior Cup Quarter finals

Fabio Silva came off the bench on 57 mins as Rangers beat Aberdeen 2-1 at home. He was involved in the build up to the winning goal

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our loanees that really interest me from a potential look at in pre season for the first team squad are Lembikisa, Hodge, Chiquinho, Mosquera. Possibly even Fabio if he starts scoring a lot of goals at Rangers.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What it lacks in quality, it makes up for in passion. @Edinburgh Wolf would be able to attest more than I can.
I live almost 20 miles West of Edinburgh and roughly 30 miles from Glasgow.
When Rangers got 55, my little town was covered in graffiti, banners etc.
I have an Edinburgh postcode. Madness

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our loanees that really interest me from a potential look at in pre season for the first team squad are Lembikisa, Hodge, Chiquinho, Mosquera. Possibly even Fabio if he starts scoring a lot of goals at Rangers.
I did notice that Ranger's wide players tend to shoot rather than cross, so may have to feed off scraps.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need a big rethink on loans etc.....nowt wrong with having a few kids out on loan but for me with our massive losses over the last few years , we need to be a bit more clinical and cost cut with some players....focus on the first team.....the last few years we have had far too many players out on loan......can't believe the likes of Jordao and bolla have been on our books for 4 or more seasons....all this is effecting first team recruitment as we haven't got the funds for it..... Chiquhinho and Silva are never going to make premier league players.....we need to be more clinical I reckon....get people off the books so our wage bill can focus on first team.....

No problem with development but we can keep going people a chance if they don't show enough....far too many players out on loan who ain't contributing to the first team....be another big clear out in the summer.....the operation needs stream lining.....

Reaction score
We’ve seen Joe Hodge in the first team though? He’s miles behind Tommy Doyle and they’re pretty much the same age, so not sure what the point of looking at him in the summer is?
Lembikasa yea, we need rwb cover
Mosquera certainly

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve seen Joe Hodge in the first team though? He’s miles behind Tommy Doyle and they’re pretty much the same age, so not sure what the point of looking at him in the summer is?
Lembikasa yea, we need rwb cover
Mosquera certainly
Agreed Hodge gets moved on cundle is ahead of Hodge. Hodge will be loaned or sold similar to Giles.

Decision on lembekisa , mosquera will be first team imo

Chiquinho very important especially if likely Neto sale

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What it lacks in quality, it makes up for in passion. @Edinburgh Wolf would be able to attest more than I can.
I am also in Edinburgh. Does anyone ever meet up?

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed Hodge gets moved on cundle is ahead of Hodge. Hodge will be loaned or sold similar to Giles.

Decision on lembekisa , mosquera will be first team imo

Chiquinho very important especially if likely Neto sale
The main problem for Hodge has been injuries which have really set him back, he is at least on a par with Cundle in my view and I suspect he would be closer to Doyle with more luck, albeit a different kind of player. He is one that I think its too early to write off, and at least might well boost his value on loan. There are not too many others from the u21s on loan who I think will add much apart from Dexter.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Absolutely. You can also relate to the vast majority of the players, as they're not earning life-changing, ridiculous sums of money whilst playing in Scotland.

A little town in West Lothian covered in Rangers graffiti?! Surely not! :tearsofjoy: At a guess, is it Armadale?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need a big rethink on loans etc.....nowt wrong with having a few kids out on loan but for me with our massive losses over the last few years , we need to be a bit more clinical and cost cut with some players....focus on the first team.....the last few years we have had far too many players out on loan......can't believe the likes of Jordao and bolla have been on our books for 4 or more seasons....all this is effecting first team recruitment as we haven't got the funds for it..... Chiquhinho and Silva are never going to make premier league players.....we need to be more clinical I reckon....get people off the books so our wage bill can focus on first team.....

No problem with development but we can keep going people a chance if they don't show enough....far too many players out on loan who ain't contributing to the first team....be another big clear out in the summer.....the operation needs stream lining.....

Don’t think you can write off Chiquinho. He had 3 assists for us when he first came in. I could see him hanging around the first team next season with Chirewa going out on loan.

Chiquinho has the skillset required for our team - pacey and direct and willing to take on his man.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The main problem for Hodge has been injuries which have really set him back, he is at least on a par with Cundle in my view and I suspect he would be closer to Doyle with more luck, albeit a different kind of player. He is one that I think its too early to write off, and at least might well boost his value on loan. There are not too many others from the u21s on loan who I think will add much apart from Dexter.
Exactly that - we wouldn’t have got hodge if it wasn’t for his injuries, he’s far higher rated than Cundle - his development is effectively a couple of years behind where it would have been because of his back injury (which seems to now be sorted)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think you can write off Chiquinho. He had 3 assists for us when he first came in. I could see him hanging around the first team next season with Chirewa going out on loan.

Chiquinho has the skillset required for our team - pacey and direct and willing to take on his man.
Think the injury has done him.....if Neto leaves we will bring someone in...

We need to be a bit more ruthless for me with the fringe players ...losses and not being able to bring anybody in January showed for me we have too many players out on loan who ain't producing nothing for the first team....the operation needs slimming down....I think there will be another clear out in the summer and the majority of the loan players will be viewed as surplus to requirements......the money gathered will be used for a couple of first team options.....

Loans are for kids for me...not for players who haven't showed much in 3 or 4 season...we can't afford it in our wage bill any longer it's effecting the first team....not helping it...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Disagree on chiquinho he’s very well thought of at the club, and fits in to how Gary wants to play

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the injury has done him.....if Neto leaves we will bring someone in...

We need to be a bit more ruthless for me with the fringe players ...losses and not being able to bring anybody in January showed for me we have too many players out on loan who ain't producing nothing for the first team....the operation needs slimming down....I think there will be another clear out in the summer and the majority of the loan players will be viewed as surplus to requirements......the money gathered will be used for a couple of first team options.....

Loans are for kids for me...not for players who haven't showed much in 3 or 4 season...we can't afford it in our wage bill any longer it's effecting the first team....not helping it...
Chiquinho is 24 now, I think you’re right he may well be moved on. Enso and young Lemina are 6 years younger so have much more development time

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly that - we wouldn’t have got hodge if it wasn’t for his injuries, he’s far higher rated than Cundle - his development is effectively a couple of years behind where it would have been because of his back injury (which seems to now be sorted)

Not strictly true (we only got him due to injuries)… Man City had a deal on the table for him but he chose to move for a better pathway

If you meant because he’d have developed more and would potentially have been above us then maybe

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho is 24 now, I think you’re right he may well be moved on. Enso and young Lemina are 6 years younger so have much more development time
Think Fosun definitely want a more streamline approach to tie in with the new wage bill structures.....I also don't think Gary O'Neil will want 4 or 5 potentials hanging about and not being able to bring in any players as the wage bill is full......there will be a clear out again in the summer and the majority will be players who are out on loan.......we can't have players hanging about for 4/5 years and not contributing...

O'Neil may want another midfielder....wouldn't be surprised to see bouba Hodge and Cundle leave.... nevermind him talking a look at all 3 in the summer......

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree and disagree…. Clearly we can’t afford to have many Silva’s out on loan however the likes of Mosquera, Bolla, Chiquinho, Kawabe, Sang bin Jeong, Rafa mir have all been bought for a relative pittance and have been sold or potentially could be, for profit… some (Mir) more than others.

They neither cost much or are on mega wages so in the grand scheme of things won’t impact the 1st team squad spending not to mention wages could be covered and loan fees

Quite the opposite… ultimately the money from profit can help stave off FFP or contribute to someone else

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree and disagree…. Clearly we can’t afford to have many Silva’s out on loan however the likes of Mosquera, Bolla, Chiquinho, Kawabe, Sang bin Jeong, Rafa mir have all been bought for a relative pittance and have been sold or potentially could be, for profit… some (Mir) more than others.

They neither cost much or are on mega wages so in the grand scheme of things won’t impact the 1st team squad spending not to mention wages could be covered and loan fees

Quite the opposite… ultimately the money from profit can help stave off FFP or contribute to someone else

Not to mention the benefit we’ve had from exactly that system with the likes of Toti Gomes

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes I get that...but you only see the reward for those when you sell as such......

We need to move players on quicker at times though....hence the FFP problems....which then forced us into a mass clear out just to put us back on track......think you are more likely to see faster turnover with some players nw to put the money back on the accounts quicker....more kids sold faster for 1m or 2m profit......

I think if someone offers us 5 or 6m for chiquhinho we would sell....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I still wouldnt discard Chiquhinho yet.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still wouldnt discard Chiquhinho yet.
Why what has he shown that makes him a premier league squad player......off course his injury was a shame.....I've nothing against the lad but he doesn't look any better than when we signed him ...he is back at the same level....you will need to improve drastically to get in our team....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why what has he shown that makes him a premier league squad player......off course his injury was a shame.....I've nothing against the lad but he doesn't look any better than when we signed him ...he is back at the same level....you will need to improve drastically to get in our team....

You could be right but I will be watching his progress the second half of this season with interest.

Back
Top Bottom