Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loans will soon be picking up and those already on loan, their friendly games are starting, so time for this seasons loan thread.

As before the first post will be a list of the loans we have in place and I’ll provide updates ongoing as and when.

Goalkeepers:

Louie Moulden
- Northampton (League One) - season end (u21/homegrown)

Stan Amos - Wolverhampton Casuals (Midland Football League Premier Division (step 5) - season long (u21/HG)

Joe Young - Buxton (National League North) - season end (u21/HG)

Defenders:

Ki-Jana Hoever
- Stoke (Championship) - season long (Homegrown) (Jan recall option)

Dexter Lembikisa - Hearts (Scottish Premiership) - season end (Homegrown/u21)

Bendequz Bolla - Servette (Swiss Super League) - season long (Quota) with an option to buy

Nigel Lonwijk - Wycombe (League One) - season end (u21)

Yerson Mosquera - Villareal (La Liga) - season end (Quota).

Harry Birtwhistle - Oxford City (National League) - season end (U21/HG)

Midfielders:

Chiquinho
- Famalicao (Liga Portugal) - season long (Quota)

Luke Cundle - Stoke (Championship) - season end (Homegrown)

Owen Hesketh - Kidderminster (National League) - season end (Homegrown/u21)

Joe Hodge - QPR (Championship) - season end (u21)

Forwards:

Chem Campbell
- Wycombe Wanderers (League One) - season end (Homegrown/u21)

Goncalo Guedes - Villarreal (La Liga) - season end (Quota)

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos (Greek Super League) - season long (Quota)

Fabio Silva - Rangers (Scottish Premiership) - end of season (Quota)

Ethan McLeod - Alvechurch (Southern Premier Central (Step 3) - end of season (u21/HG)

Sasa Kalajdzic - Eintracht Frankfurt (German Bundesliga) - end of season (Quota)

Owen Farmer - Rushall Olympic (National League North) - season end (u21/HG)

Totals:

Out on loan = 20
U21/Homegrown = 13
Quota = 7 (7 allowed IF the FA are operating under the same rules - otherwise this year the quota only applies to INTERNATIONAL loans)

There are now limits on the number of loan players - 7 in and 7 out (reducing to 6 next season). There is also a limit of 3 to anyone club (Grasshoppers). However homegrown and u21 players do not count towards the 7
Old Loans:
Tyler Roberts
- Doncaster (League 2)- season long (u21/Homegrown) - RECALLED
Harvey Griffiths - Walsall (League Two) - season long (Homegrown/u21) - RECALLED
Luke Cundle - Plymouth (Championship) - season long (Homegrown) (January recall option). RECALLED
Chiquinho - Stoke (Championship) - season long (Quota) (January recall option)
Ollie Tipton - Notts County (League Two) - season long (Homegrown/u21) - RECALLED
Alfie Pond - Stockport (League Two) - season long (Homegrown/u21) - RECALLED
Dexter Lembikisa - Rotherham (Championship) - season long (Homegrown/u21) - RECALLED
Yerson Mosquera -
Cincinnati (MLS) - November 2023 (Quota). ENDED
Nigel Lonwijk - Grasshoppers (Swiss Super League) - season long (u21/Homegrown) LOAN ENDED DUE TO INJURY
Theo Corbeanu - Grasshoppers (Swiss Super League) - season long (Homegrown/Quota) - ended and sold
Chem Campbell - Charlton Athletic (League One) - season long (Homegrown/u21) - recalled
Goncalo Guedes - Benfica (Liga Portugal) - season long (Quota) - recalled

Louie Moulden - Rochdale (National League) - season long with a release clause if another club comes in for him (u21/homegrown) - RECALLED

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Has Guedes to Benfica been confirmed?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
At the moment with all the outgoings and no one coming in this is the only positive thread where we can read about some of our youngsters going off to get some experience

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great to see you and this thread back Giant. It’s a huge commitment, your work is really appreciated, thank you
Keeps him (I am assuming, might be a her!) out of mischief, lol..... Seriously, l completely agree.

There are three threads l'd say that about: this one, the U18-U21 thread and @Frank Lincoln's WW1 thread.

Plus a seasonal special, @SanFranWolf's transfer window magnum opus....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Guedes to Benfica been confirmed?
Not yet, but to be honest, I copied last seasons op and just kept him on there for now as rumours seem to suggest he will

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not yet, but to be honest, I copied last seasons op and just kept him on there for now as rumours seem to suggest he will
As an aside we all appreciate what you tell us but a genuine question do you have the ear of someone at the club or are you good at sleuthing out information?Either way I love the positivity of this thread ,keep it going mate .
I still receive snippets but after the brickbats in recent time I tend to send PM’s to individuals rather than post for general release because too many people are so quick to challenge what gets posted .
Keep going mate .

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the two lads going to Glassdroppers, Roberts to Donnies and Mosquera still on loan plus the forgettable Guedes, does that mean there are only two more out loan deals we can do. Or are under 21s exempt from this ruling?
Question then is which other players would you like to see out on loan.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the two lads going to Glassdroppers, Roberts to Donnies and Mosquera still on loan plus the forgettable Guedes, does that mean there are only two more out loan deals we can do. Or are under 21s exempt from this ruling?
Question then is which other players would you like to see out on loan.

I’ve tried to answer the quota issue in the OP, however to be clear (or try to be)

We are allowed 7 out and 7 in at anyone time. The quota technically only applies to international loans currently. However players that are u21 AND homegrown do not count towards this quota.

Therefore:

*Mosquera & Guedes as neither homegrown or u21 are 2 of the 7 we are allowed

*Lonwijk is HG (having joined in Jan 2020) and u21 so that’s ok and doesn’t count

*Roberts is HG and u21 and a domestic loan so doesn’t count

*Theo the jury is out but I think he might be quota. He’s definitely HG having joined in August 2018 but think (depending where the cut off is) might be just outside of u21

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve tried to answer the quota issue in the OP, however to be clear (or try to be)

We are allowed 7 out and 7 in at anyone time. The quota technically only applies to international loans currently. However players that are u21 AND homegrown do not count towards this quota.

Therefore:

*Mosquera & Guedes as neither homegrown or u21 are 2 of the 7 we are allowed

*Lonwijk is HG (having joined in Jan 2020) and u21 so that’s ok and doesn’t count

*Roberts is HG and u21 and a domestic loan so doesn’t count

*Theo the jury is out but I think he might be quota. He’s definitely HG having joined in August 2018 but think (depending where the cut off is) might be just outside of u21
Thanks for that clarification. That seems to give us more flexibility than I thought.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 8th July:

Yerson Mosquera played 90 mins and was booked as Cincinnati drew 2-2 away at Charlotte. (As an aside former wolf Nathan Byrne was playing for Charlotte)
Definitely good experience for Yerson to be booked to prepare him for when he makes it to our first team. :D

kapitiwolf

Reaction score
Reliable as ever Giant Wolf with your loan thread.Many thanks once again for your time and knowledge.Like all Wolves fans on the globe.looking forward to a successful 2023-24 season,Wolves aye we.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12th July:

Yerson Mosquera played 90 mins as Cincinnati beat New York Red Bulls 2-1 with a last minute winner. That was Mosquera's 22nd appearance for Cincinnati who are 8 points clear at the top of the Eastern Conference

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 15th July:

Louie Moulden played the first 58 mins as Rochdale lost 1-0 away at Chorley

Theo Corbeanu played 73 mins and hit the post as Grasshoppers lost 6-1 away at Freiburg. Nigel Lonwijk was missing due to injury

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he still playing on the left of a back 3?
Thought he played right side for us? if so he could be Dawson's long term replacement, I guess it all depends on acceptable offers and the player himself if he prefers USA or UK, he was definately popular in amongst our squad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he played right side for us? if so he could be Dawson's long term replacement, I guess it all depends on acceptable offers and the player himself if he prefers USA or UK, he was definately popular in amongst our squad.
Also depends on if JL rates him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did play on the right for us, and I agree he could hopefully end up challenging for Dawson’s position. He could also probably do a job at right back for us in a similar way as to what Toti has done on occasion at lb.
But at Cincinnati he started off playing the left of a back 3 , and seemingly doing well there.
From our POV it would be nice if he were playing in a position we’re likely to use him in. But obviously the most important thing is that he is playing regularly regardless of position.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he still playing on the left of a back 3?

He did play on the right for us, and I agree he could hopefully end up challenging for Dawson’s position. He could also probably do a job at right back for us in a similar way as to what Toti has done on occasion at lb.
But at Cincinnati he started off playing the left of a back 3 , and seemingly doing well there.
From our POV it would be nice if he were playing in a position we’re likely to use him in. But obviously the most important thing is that he is playing regularly regardless of position.

Right of a back 3

Last night he was on the left but has played in each of the back 3 positions for Cincinnati. Most recently central or left

Back
Top Bottom