Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Cundle but he will be off in the summer for 2-3m max with a sell on

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday 4th February

Goncalo Guedes came on at half time as Villarreal drew 0-0 at home to Cadiz. Yerson Mosquera was an unused substitute

Bendeguz Bolla assisted one and scored one as Servette beat Lausanne 3-1 in an 84th minute appearance. That’s his 4th goal of the season

The assist:
Goal at 1:40:

Daniel Podence played the final 20 mins as Olympiacos lost 2-0 away at Panathinaikos

Last edited:

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolla has apparently improved consistently - get him back for summer pre-season!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolla has apparently improved consistently - get him back for summer pre-season!

Bolla definitely is one we really should give a chance to, hope GON gets to at least scope him out

Certainly his best season so far. He's great going forward but really not up to the level defensively IMHO. His passing also needs work.

However, just a reminder Servette have an option to buy

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Certainly his best season so far. He's great going forward but really not up to the level defensively IMHO. His passing also needs work.

4 goals

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How much was the option?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happen with Hoever?

on loan at Stoke. Another one good going forward but a liability defensively. In the same bracket as Bolla for me.... he won't play for us in a competitive 1st team game

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
on loan at Stoke. Another one good going forward but a liability defensively. In the same bracket as Bolla for me.... he won't play for us in a competitive 1st team game
We pay 9m his contract end 2025. Big hope one cup game against us

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t see a scenario where he wears a wolves shirt again
Again, has he ever wor a wolves shirt ....I think the nearest he has been to Wolverhampton and the pitch was on the bench for Hungary.....I doubt he has stepped foot in Wolverhampton anymore times...

Edit....did ya mean hover.....the bolla talk fit me sidetracked

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are all ties with grasshoppers now cut?

If so I wonder if we’ll look for a similar arrangement with another team?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, has he ever wor a wolves shirt ....I think the nearest he has been to Wolverhampton and the pitch was on the bench for Hungary.....I doubt he has stepped foot in Wolverhampton anymore times...

do you know what, I'm not entirely against this.

*Low cost purchase - tick
*lowish wages - tick
*potential decent upward ceiling - tick
*worth a punt as low risk - tick
*if it goes really well, a potential player for Wolves - X

Ok, so he's developed, but maybe not quite up to the standard we'd need in the prem, so we don't meet the last criteria, but he's probably met the others. We had to be (and still do) need to be creative with FFP to compete - low risk purchase (c£800k would not have impacted spending elsewhere in the grand scheme of things), sell for a profit, costs largely covered in the interim.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*lowish wages - tick

Ok, so he's developed, but maybe not quite up to the standard we'd need in the prem, so we don't meet the last criteria, but he's probably met the others. We had to be (and still do) need to be creative with FFP to compete - low risk purchase (c£800k would not have impacted spending elsewhere in the grand scheme of things), sell for a profit, costs largely covered in the interim.
Yes agree ..I've always got the purchase of bolla from day 1....it was to make profit....

It's just the constant he should be given a chance in the first team....when in reality he isn't up to it.....it's the same when we say kids should be given a chance...when they probably ain't up to it....bar a few exceptions

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes agree ..I've always got the purchase of bolla from day 1....it was to make profit....

It's just the constant he should be given a chance in the first team....when in reality he isn't up to it.....it's the same when we say kids should be given a chance...when they probably ain't up to it....bar a few exceptions

Gotcha.... sorry missed the angle you approached it from.

Yep, 100% agree on both counts.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotcha.... sorry missed the angle you approached it from.

Yep, 100% agree on both counts.
The two players I have been desperate for us to get rid of for 3 seasons are Jordao and bolla....not that I have anything against either , I'm just sick to death of the "Give them a chance , have a look at them in pre season stuff"...

When its pretty obvious they won't make a premier league squad EVER..

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*lowish wages - tick

Our record is not very good for these kind of sales. From what I gather Jonnu has left for nowt with us still paying part of his salary. Jordao will hold on until the end of his contract. Mattheson has gone probably on the hope we will get a sell on fee. And more. So if this is the trend I certainly dont see us making a profit on Bolla.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ll stand corrected but I though Bolla played a couple of pre season friendlies abroad under Nuno

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll stand corrected but I though Bolla played a couple of pre season friendlies abroad under Nuno
Not 100% sure ....can't remember him featuring...didn't feature in Asia ...spent 2 or 3 seasons at grasshoppers......anyway he will go...if the Swiss team don't take the option, the alarms bells will be banging even if they haven't already....as I say nothing against him , he was purchased to make a profit, similar to the Korean chap and Japanese chap we signed....it's just some never got it....

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*lowish wages - tick

We only need one in ten of those kind of signings to really come off and we're quids in: just look at Kilman and Toti! And then we've potentially got Mosquera too.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing and positioning can be coached, and Bolla, Lembikisa and Hoever can all be improved under GON & his coaches to see which of them is best ready to join the first team squad. Remember Bolla is a Hungarian international, so he must have had a taste of a higher level than the Swiss League!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We only need one in ten of those kind of signings to really come off and we're quids in: just look at Kilman and Toti! And then we've potentially got Mosquera too.

Rafa Mir is probably the most obvious sale for me > low cost > big profit
Toti is an example of it working to become a player for Wolves (haven't included Max as the approach was different - he was bought with the intention of developing at Wolves, the others bought with loans in mind)

Bolla is probably in the same bracket as Leonardo Campana, Hayao Kawabe, Sang Bin Jeong - low cost > smallish profit

Of course there are examples where it doesn't work but some posters saying our record is not very good is a bit wide of the mark

Last edited:

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got a shot on him and seems to be two-footed, judging from that vid

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth did we get 2 million for sang bin? Inchy really did us a favour.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read an interesting article on Dexter Lembikisa earlier saying how he is enjoying his loan spell at Hearts and is playing in a much more attacking team that have a lot of possession. Seems he is doing well there and will be great for us potentially if he comes back in pre season in confident and attacking form.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Read an interesting article on Dexter Lembikisa earlier saying how he is enjoying his loan spell at Hearts and is playing in a much more attacking team that have a lot of possession. Seems he is doing well there and will be great for us potentially if he comes back in pre season in confident and attacking form.
I’m glad he’s enjoying his football because his last loan didn’t go well for him

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's doing very well, I was more impressed my colleagues could spell his name in fairness

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Just seen on Sky we have terminated contract of Bruno Jordao to enable him to find another club. OK - so no fee received (did we expect one?) but at least off wage bill and not 'hanging around'....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen on Sky we have terminated contract of Bruno Jordao to enable him to find another club. OK - so no fee received (did we expect one?) but at least off wage bill and not 'hanging around'....
I would imagine that he may have something lined up.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
And also saw Fabio Silva benched again.... Scored first goal on Saturday for Rangers and on BBC was Man of the Match. Just when we thought he might get a bit of confidence and smile again, yet another manager ****es on his fireworks.

Perhaps he has a slight strain... Sorry for the lad.

Rowzed

Reaction score
And also saw Fabio Silva benched again.... Scored first goal on Saturday for Rangers and on BBC was Man of the Match. Just when we thought he might get a bit of confidence and smile again, yet another manager ****es on his fireworks.

Perhaps he has a slight strain... Sorry for the lad.
Might just be his last game was Saturday having barely kicked a ball for months. Looks like good management to me.
Hope he starts at the week end in preparation for the Old Firm derby and perhaps top of the league decider in 11 days.

Get a hat-trick in that game and we can name our price!

Back
Top Bottom