Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough,my reply was originally to op but I still don't think Any of you can straight write them off and with all due respect she can't possibly know who I'd gonna make it sorry.
You do realise a forum is for people to give their opinions don't you? Opinions can be formed or backed up by stats. It's true, most of the youth players won't make it. That's not writing them off, just being realistic about their chances. There's no need to get defensive about it. It's not a wish for them to fail, just a pragmatic viewpoint.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 30th March

No Justin Hubner for Cerezo Osaka as they won 2-0. He was however introduced to the crowd before the game

80 minutes for Dexter Lembikisa as Hearts drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock

79 mins for Fabio Silva as Rangers beat Hibs 3-1

Bendeguz Bolla played 66 mins as Servette blew the opportunity to go top, losing 1-0 away at Winterthur

No Ethan McLeod for Alvechurch

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One Hearts fan was critical of dexter on the jambo forum saying he is poor at defending and passes sidewards and backwards too much. He also said his attacking threat has diminished as weeks have gone by.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They are not very complimentary.
"I’ve no idea how you could watch him play and come to the conclusion that he’s a £30million player."
Wait til they find out we paid more than that!

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can anyone give an appraisal of players in our loan army how they've got on this season?
Interested in those with potential to play a squad role next season.
From very limited knowledge would be Chiquinho, Mosquera, Silva, Lembikisa, Hoever.
Those names stand out just as we need depth in their positions or are they just to be sold on to raise funds.
According to Wikipedia Mosquera played 7 times for Villarreal which appears on the face of it to be decent standard and likeliest with a shot at making first team apps.
All I know about Lembikisa is he scored an absolute ping for Jamaica recently! Maybe a back up to semedo?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very mixed opinions. Strange for football fans to be divided about a player. :eek: ;):D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera and Chiquinho are the two players out on loan I want to see given a chance in pre season.

Cundle and Hodge havent really impressed much in recent weeks which is a shame.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera and Chiquinho are the two players out on loan I want to see given a chance in pre season.

The downside of the loan system can be that some players get caught in the trap of lower grade football and lose the challenge of stepping up. Cundle was part of our squad a few seasons back and firstly on loan did well. He needs a good coach to get the improvements he needs.
It should follow that the top teams have the better coaches and therefore should get the best out of players.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d add Hoever to the returning players id like to see given a new chance. He’s been decent for Stoke this season and we could use a cover RB (particularly one who can score goals).

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Hoever looked great at centre back when he played against us for Liverpool in the cup. I'd like to see him play more there.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d add Hoever to the returning players id like to see given a new chance. He’s been decent for Stoke this season and we could use a cover RB (particularly one who can score goals).
Stoke fans don't think much of him. But then he's a wing back playing in a back 4 for them.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One Hearts fan was critical of dexter on the jambo forum saying he is poor at defending and passes sidewards and backwards too much. He also said his attacking threat has diminished as weeks have gone by.
I wouldn't read too much into what one Hearts fan says or thinks. He may of course be right but if he is, I would expect many more fans being critical of the lad.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday 31st March

Daniel Podence was booked in his 90 min appearance in Olympiacos’ 1-0 loss away at top of the league AEK

Monday 1st April

A second consecutive goal for Ki Jana Hoever as Stoke drew 1-1 at home vs Huddersfield. Luke Cundle was an unused substitute

Joe Hodge played the first 45 mins as QPR won 1-0 away at Swansea

Chem Campbell played 64 mins and Nigel Lonwijk wasn’t in the squad as part of six Wycombe changes for their 0-0 vs Blackpool. Wycombe play in the BSM Cup final next weekend

Louie Moulden was back on the bench and unused as Northampton’s #1returned from injury. Northampton beat Port Vale 2-0

Owen Farmer played 57 mins for Rushall as they beat Boston 1-0.

90 mins for Yerson Mosquera and a booking and 71 mins for Goncalo Guedes as Villarreal lost 2–1 at home to Atletico Madrid

No Harry Birthwhistle for Oxford City, Owen Hesketh for Kidderminster, Joe Young for Buxton, Ethan McLeod for Alvechurch

Jambo1874

Reaction score

I wouldn't read too much into what one Hearts fan says or thinks. He may of course be right but if he is, I would expect many more fans being critical of the lad.

Hi all.

Hearts fan here, soft spot for you lot since the days of Colin Cameron so I come in peace! Saw those posts above and just wanted to chip in with my thoughts on Dexter.

There is far more than one person on our forum saying that his defending is poor, in fact it's a pretty universally held opinion. To be quite honest if his defending was poor it would actually be an improvement. He does attack fairly well but when there's a turnover in posession he just saunters back like he's out for a stroll leaving his side of the pitch totally exposesd, he's positionally naive and weak in the challenge. Our game at the weekend he gets caught under a high ball, pulls out of a half hearted tackle and then drops right off his man giving him all the time in the world to ping it into the top corner. A cracking finish, to be fair, but any half competent RB would have mopped up the danger. Not long after that he totally froze in posession in his own half and had the ball nicked off him, was subbed almost immediately aftwerwards.

He does have good qualities - excellent first touch, quick feet, great burst of pace when he wants to use it and can put in some dangerous crosses but we're not seeing that on a regular enough basis. I will admit he isn't being helped by the fact we're now usually playing with a back 4 with him at RB rather than the 3/5 at the back with him at RM/RWB when he first signed. He does look more comfortable in that sort of set up albeit still liable to make costly defensive errors.

There are some decent players up here but generally the standard probably averages out as equivalent to League One level down South. If he's not really cutting it against that level of player (and it sounds like he also struggled in the Championship with Rotherham) then I wouldn't hold out any hope for him becoming a regular fixture for you guys any time soon. If it wasn't for our other RB being off at the Asian Cup for a few weeks and then hitting some patchy form on his return I don't think Dexter would even have featured as prominently for us. That said he's still really young and there is certainly some talent in there, he could be a decent player in a few years but probably more as a RM/RW than in any sort of defensive role.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's young and learning, so his positioning and defensive game will be improved by our coaches & his fitness and pace will be improved, too. He can get advice from Nelson and eventually bloom, so this experience in Scotland will do him no harm.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence scores (again) and gets booked (again) today for Olympiacos v Aris.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Justin Hubner has been called up by Indonesia u23s for a training camp and the u23 Asian Cup… he’ll miss up to 7 games for Cerezo Osaka. However understandably so far Osaka have blocked the call up as the competition isn’t a required tournament on the FIFA calendar so they aren’t obligated

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 6th April

Joe Hodge was an unused substitute as QPR lost 2-0 at home to Sheff Wed

Ki Jana Hoever played 90 mins and provided an assist as Stoke drew 2-2 at home to West Brom. Luke Cundle was an unused substitute

Louie Moulden was an unused substitute for Northampton as they beat Carlisle 2-0

Dexter Lembikisa played 73 mins as Hearts beat St Mirren 2-1 away

Owen Farmer played the final 4 minutes as Rushall beat Blyth 2–1 away

Joe Young was back from injury playing 90 mins as Buxton beat Chorley 3-1 at home

Stan Amos was between the posts for Wolverhampton Casuals as they lost 2-0 to Shifnal

Chiquinho played 90 mins, scored, assisted and was MOTM as Famalicao won 3-2 over Vizela.

No Ethan McLeod for Alvechurch

Jambo1874

Reaction score
Dexter Lembikisa played 73 mins as Hearts beat St Mirren 2-1 away

He was once again really poor for the opposition's goal. Caught under the bouncing ball, overpowered and outpaced, needs to be stronger in that sort of situation and he was subbed a few minutes later. Before that he'd had a fairly quiet game in a match absolutely ruined by the conditions.

Clip of their goal if anyone is interested :

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle and Hodge having very disappointing loan spells by the looks of it. A shame. I would say we will cash in on both this summer. Chiquinho, Mosquera, Hoever and Lembikisa the stand outs who are all doing well and playing regular football. Lonwijk impressing at Wycombe as well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lonwijk could be featuring for Wycombe today at Wembley. Good luck to him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho mosquera w-

Mosquera will be in around the first team/matchday sqad

Chiquinho - gary will look at him and make a decision, depends on ins and outs to

lembekisa will likely get another loan

hooever decision needs to be made if he is going to be the semedo understudy or not

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo will be into his last season starting summer 2024, so he may well be moved on whilst we can make some money off the back of a good season for him.

Not sure that Hoever or Lembikisa are the long term replacement for him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho mosquera w-

Mosquera will be in around the first team/matchday sqad

Chiquinho - gary will look at him and make a decision, depends on ins and outs to

lembekisa will likely get another loan

hooever decision needs to be made if he is going to be the semedo understudy or not

Hoever and Dexter should have a chance in pre season to see if they can be competition for right back next season. I think Doc should be loaned out or sold.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lembikisa will have to improve defensively a great deal. Hoever has played well last ten games.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lembikisa will have to improve defensively a great deal. Hoever has played well last ten games.
Hoping he's matured into the player we thought we were buying from Liverpool! Certainly gets forward and scores some goals, but how's he been performing defensively?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday 8th April

Justin Hubner made his debut for Cerezo Osaka coming off the bench with 3 mins left as they beat Albirex Niigata 1-0 away

Fabio Silva played 69 mins as Rangers drew 3-3 with Celtic. Currently 4 goals in 15 games for Fabio as it stands

No Daniel Podence for Olympiacos as they beat Lamia 5-1 away

Nigel Lonwijk played 90 mins in the EFL Trophy Final at Wembley as Wycombe lost 2-1 vs Peterborough.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping he's matured into the player we thought we were buying from Liverpool! Certainly gets forward and scores some goals, but how's he been performing defensively?
Stoke fans say he has been better defensively last five games.

Back
Top Bottom