Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He was in the Beijing squad as they drew 2-2 vs Shenzhen

Patrick Cutrone played 68 minutes as Empoli lost 4-2 at home vs AC Milan

Austin Samuels was an unused substitute as Aberdeen lost 1-0 against Hibs

Connor Ronan is injured so missed St Mirren’s 0-0 draw vs Celtic

Nigel Lonwijk came on with 16 left to play as Fortuna Sittard lost 5-0 away at Ajax

Ruben Vinagre was missing from Sporting’s squad as the scrapped through 2-1 away at Casa Pia in the cup

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks giantwolf for this and all your work in keeping us appraised on the development of our youngsters (and some not so young). I hope you have an happy, peaceful and wonderful Christmas. I note that Ronan missed the St. Mirren game because of injury rather than because of COVID. One question on him which you may not have the answer but another poster might. There were reports at one stage that Ronan was going to return to his studies and complete an University Degree, any indication that he has done this while continuing to play football?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Connor Ronan is injured so missed St Mirren’s 0-0 draw vs Celtic.
Think Vinagre might have an ankle injury.

Nigel Lonwijk came on with 16 left to play as Fortuna Sittard lost 5-0 away at Ajax

Ruben Vinagre was missing from Sporting’s squad as the scrapped through 2-1 away at Casa Pia in the
Thanks GW

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score

Connor Ronan is injured so missed St Mirren’s 0-0 draw vs Celtic

Ruben Vinagre was missing from Sporting’s squad as the scrapped through 2-1 away at Casa Pia in the cup

Ronan was about the only St Mirren player who missed the game through injury, rather than Covid! Absolute shambles that they were made to play the game, so to draw 0-0 was a brilliant result.

The SPFL changed their own rules to make them play the game - they told St Mirren they had to recall six under 18 players from development loans at non-league teams, so they had enough players to fulfil the fixture! They hadn't trained for over a week, two of the players who played only came out of isolation yesterday afternoon, whilst some of the youth players had never trained with, or even met, the first team players!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ronan was about the only St Mirren player who missed the game through injury, rather than Covid! Absolute shambles that they were made to play the game, so to draw 0-0 was a brilliant result.

The SPFL changed their own rules to make them play the game - they told St Mirren they had to recall six under 18 players from development loans at non-league teams, so they had enough players to fulfil the fixture! They hadn't trained for over a week, two of the players who played only came out of isolation yesterday afternoon, whilst some of the youth players had never trained with, or even met, the first team players!
Shades of the Sky 6.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And this from the Country of the McCovid ruled by the Clitheroe kid. The country that gave us Rob Roy, Robert the Bruce and Walliam Willis ( If you have never seen Philomena Cunk look up on youtube to for a terrific spoof especially Cunk on Britain).

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does yes although was due back recently so I assume he’s out through lack of fitness now as opposed to the injury itself… plus it was a changed team due to the opposition

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks giantwolf for this and all your work in keeping us appraised on the development of our youngsters (and some not so young). I hope you have an happy, peaceful and wonderful Christmas. I note that Ronan missed the St. Mirren game because of injury rather than because of COVID. One question on him which you may not have the answer but another poster might. There were reports at one stage that Ronan was going to return to his studies and complete an University Degree, any indication that he has done this while continuing to play football?
Genuinely no idea sorry

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He came on with 4 mins left as Beijing lost 1-0 against Guangzhou

Austin Samuels was as unused substitute as Aberdeen won 2-1 at home vs Dundee

Connor Ronan was still absent for St Mirren as they lost 2-0 against Rangers

All other games involving our loans were lost due to postponement

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renat Dadashov came on with 8 minutes to play as Tondela lost their 4th league game on the trot 3-0 at home to Gil Vicente. Boubacar Hanne who joined our academy on the same day as Pedro Goncalves netted Gil Vicente’s third

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Boubacarr Hannes goal.

Should we have kept him?
To be fair he has a decent scoring record but his number of appearances is pretty low 10 goals in 30 games across our u23, Jumilla and now Gil Vicente

One for the coffers as presumably we have a sell on but not good enough for us

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He was an unused substitute for Beijing Guoan in their 1-1 draw vs top of the group Shandong

Ruben Vinagre was again not in the Sporting squad as they beat Portimonense 3-2. Supposedly still carrying an ankle injury

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I saw sondegaard in a wolves tweet the other day. Is he back or do his loan club have a winter break?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He was an unused substitute for Beijing Guoan in their 1-1 draw vs top of the group Shandong

Ruben Vinagre was again not in the Sporting squad as they beat Portimonense 3-2. Supposedly still carrying an ankle injury
I have a feeling vinagre will be back at wolves

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I saw sondegaard in a wolves tweet the other day. Is he back or do his loan club have a winter break?
Move was only to 31 Dec. He needs to comeback and try somewhere else.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Move was only to 31 Dec. He needs to comeback and try somewhere else.

He badly needs a loan where he is going to get game time if he stays at Wolves where will he be now No4 in line ?, remember we also have Sarkic who would probably be our No2 were he not out on loan, its a critical time for Sondegaard.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, as per @Boss Hogg the loan was only until 31st.

Joe Young and Jackson Smith were also only on loans until 31st so there will definitely be developments otherwise we have a big backlog of goalkeepers at u23 level. Could potentially see one or two out permanently

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He badly needs a loan where he is going to get game time if he stays at Wolves where will he be now No4 in line ?, remember we also have Sarkic who would probably be our No2 were he not out on loan, its a critical time for Sondegaard.
I can see another loan, if not it’ll be Louie getting some experience elsewhere and Sondergaard as #3

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling vinagre will be back at wolves
I have seen mention of that however it was speculation on the part of a fan website based on what happened last season. Wouldn’t surprise me but let’s see

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Giles played 90 mins as Cardiff lost 3-0 away at Bournemouth

Theo Corbeanu came on with 31 mins to play as Sheff Wed lost 5-0 away at Sunderland

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Naturally he doesn’t give much away but here is Matt Jackson talking about his role and the loan process. Looks like they’re hoping Theo will get more game time at Sheff Wed for the remainder of the season

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Naturally he doesn’t give much away but here is Matt Jackson talking about his role and the loan process. Looks like they’re hoping Theo will get more game time at Sheff Wed for the remainder of the season

That’s really interesting. I think the key part is the bit about players not making their debuts on average until 23. I think we’ve seen how Kilman has bloomed this season too at that age, and it’s worth remembering that when we’re talking about the 18/19 year olds we have, they’re still a long way off needing to be judged.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s really interesting. I think the key part is the bit about players not making their debuts on average until 23. I think we’ve seen how Kilman has bloomed this season too at that age, and it’s worth remembering that when we’re talking about the 18/19 year olds we have, they’re still a long way off needing to be judged.
Too bloody right Jade. Its absolutely ridiculous that people write off Gibbs White, Silva, Hoever etc on the basis of a handful of games as teenagers. With these guys making their debuts at very young ages it seems to people as if they have been around for ages and you often hear surprise when the player in question turns out to be barely 21 or whatever. Of course some players do make a big impact at 18 or 19 but the majority take much longer to develop mentally and physically.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joe Young played 90 mins as Runcorn linnets won 2-1 at home to 1874 Northwitch. That is 9pts from 9 over the festive period for Runcorn

Dongda He was an unused substitute as Beijing Guoan drew 1-1 with Guangzhou
Has be displaced the keeper they got from Man u?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the man utd kerper came in cos young was injured at the time
In hindsight you maybe be right (just skimmed through the match reports and an injury was mentioned…. Joe was named on the bench for both the matches the Man U lad played though so couldn’t have been too serious)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dion Sanderson played 90 mins in his final game (of this loan) for Blues in their 2-1 home defeat vs QPR. Matija Sarkic played the majority of the game before going off injured in the dying minutes which a dislocated shoulder sustained whilst throwing the ball. That’s the second dislocated shoulder Sarkic has had in recent years… hopefully not the sign of an issue

Ryan Giles played 90 mins and was booked as Cardiff drew 1-1 away at them lot down the road

Jackson Smith played 90 mins as Kettertgot off to a good start in 2022 with an excellent 3-1 win over top of the league Brackley Town

Theo Corbeanu played 90 mins as Sheff Wednesday lost 1-0 away at Shrewsbury

Christian Marques was an unused substitute in Belenenses 2-0 loss away at Vizela

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dion Sanderson played 90 mins in his final game (of this loan) for Blues in their 2-1 home defeat vs QPR. Matija Sarkic played the majority of the game before going off injured in the dying minutes which a dislocated shoulder sustained whilst throwing the ball. That’s the second dislocated shoulder Sarkic has had in recent years… hopefully not the sign of an issue

Ryan Giles played 90 mins and was booked as Cardiff drew 1-1 away at them lot down the road

Jackson Smith played 90 mins as Kettertgot off to a good start in 2022 with an excellent 3-1 win over top of the league Brackley Town

Theo Corbeanu played 90 mins as Sheff Wednesday lost 1-0 away at Shrewsbury

Christian Marques was an unused substitute in Belenenses 2-0 loss away at Vizela
Good start to the new year. I must ask you though do you copy and paste this bit to save time 'Christian Marques was an unused substitute in Belenenses' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom