Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Verdict

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The red card changed the game. We was well in control. Leeds didn’t give up they got their reward. As soon as the first goal went in for Leeds you could tell what was coming Bruno should of been wiser. A very strange game in terms of injuries and stuff too. Lick our wounds and move on hope Neves injury isn’t too serious otherwise I’d settle for 8th now. First half we was doing well. I think when you are relying on dendoncker & moutinho to do it on their own we was always exposed. One of them games we have to move on!!!

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sky coverage is over the moon
****ing makes my blood boil
Yes had to turn it off. No surprise that decisions and media just help whoever gives them the best viewing figures.

I thought that we were excellent overall. Thought moutinho and boly were superb. Raul pretty awful considering his two misses and lack of common sense getting sent off.

Saiss (one of my favourites) was poor - very erratic

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it good that Neves is on Crutches? No drama from me, it is a rational question. What Wolves fan wants probably the best player to wear a Wolves shirt in 40 years , to be on crutches?
Where has it been said he is out for 6 months ffs

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Not sure how Raul could have pulled out of that challenge. Both players committed to winning the ball. Big fan of Bruno, but second half game management was **** poor.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't go tonight. Reading posts on here I'm glad I didn't. Wolves fans glad Neves is on crutches....what ****ing planet are you on? League one away at port vale, we're you there? ****ing makes me sick reading this ****. You should be ashamed and embarrassed.
Where has anyone said that?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Yeah it's all been said. Silly to throw 3 points away. I have to say though that I had to mute the Sky commentators were pretty much pleasuring each other such was their glee. They were screaming at one point.

Is it too much to ask for competent referees and commentators who don't have a lapful of semen at the end?
If Boly is back, he should be on the left and Kilman on the right. Saïss for all his grit and his good performances earlier in the season, has been awful since he came back from the Cup of Nations. Toti, who didn't put a foot wrong, was wrongly dropped by Lage.

Cundle, who did great against Tottenham, was dropped by Lage.

Fabio Silva, our best player against West Ham, was dropped by Lage.

How the **** are our young players supposed to train well when they're dropped unfairly?
The 3 players you mentioned weren’t really dropped though. The incumbents just took their positions back... I.e. Saiss came back from AFCON. Moutinho missed a game through injury and returned and Raul was re-inserted into the line up after he was dropped for 2 games.

Good news: We might see more of Fabio with Raul’s suspension.

Bad news: We might see more of Cundle if Neves’ injury is serious

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still stuck his foot out to nip the ball and caught him?

If he gets a touch on that ball the keeper is sent off.
In reality we shouldn’t be talking like this. It should be “one of those tackles” or “a coming together”.
There was no intent and no stupidity from either Raul or the keeper.
Football is lost when a clash or collision can’t be classed as just that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul nearly did another Raul seconds after he got booked, really not surprised at all he got sent off again, it just seemed inevitable. I think he’s lost the plot. Didn’t need to challenge the keeper, but did it anyway.

Lage and his bench should be embarrassed with themselves, got completed sidetracked arguing about **** all with some ***** on the Leeds bench who seemingly was just there to do just that. Absolutely unprofessional and Lage was the worst culprit.

Good observation on Raul. Much as Raul is still a decent player, there's still something not right about him and I don't think it will fix itself this season, if at all. I think he's trying too hard to compensate for a decline in his ability ,and it's causing what appears to be this petulance.

There was the kicking the ball away sending off, other lunging tackles that he's got away with in other matches. Pace is not quite there, either. Finishing...fair enough, he's still the best finisher we have, but at his peak would have had 5 or 6 more than he's actually got this season. Two first half misses today - he scores at least one of those, pre-injury. Still, can't write him off, maybe the sharpness will return next season? Would assume there will be no big clubs coming in for him so will still be with us.

Last edited:

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No words really but i ll try. Ref was abysmal all night, has a face you want to punch. Disgraceful decision for 2nd yellow, if you have played the game you know its not even a foul. For me saiss needs dropping he has been poor since returning from afcon, regularly gives the ball away and has a clanger in him most games. Still the whole back line looked shaky 2nd half. Hwang sub was strange too we had nothing up top so why not put silva on. Neves injury and jimenez suspension just may have derailed our season now

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've gone past last seasons total with 8 g
Under Nuno we had a clear, organised plan to see out a game with 10 men and often did. Now we have a ****ing shambles. 10 men with Pod furthest forward. What could possibly go wrong when we play long ball??

Short memory. Nuno didn't score for the first 45 mins ever. Its a daft argument. We lost, it happens. We're 8th with 8 games left. Get a grip or **** off.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really ****ed off at Raul for leaving his foot in whilst on a yellow, and having an absolute stinker of a match.

Our squad has way too many passengers.

What does Coady add to the team?
First half kept breaking our offside trap and allowing Leeds through, where was his leadership second half?

Dendoncker absolute zero bottle, constantly giving the ball away under pressure in our own half. What does he add?

Saiss isn't a natural centre back and too slow to be a midfielder.

Raul completely off the pace.

Only positive to come out of that game is that Trincao seems to have found a bit of confidence in his ability.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under Nuno we had a clear, organised plan to see out a game with 10 men and often did. Now we have a ****ing shambles. 10 men with Pod furthest forward. What could possibly go wrong when we play long ball??

Tbf that plan was every week after the Albion home game

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read the posts above. Pathetic.
Think you’re misinterpreting it.

I assume they mean that we improved when we changed to 3-4-3 and maybe, though not sure, they might be thinking he avoided a yellow card so can play (if fit) against Villa.

Nobody is happy that he’s injured.

Nobody.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was annoying. Raul v unlucky for a second yellow, but he has had some real brain farts since his return and needs resting. We should have still had enough about us to see off Leeds with 10 men as they hadn't laid a glove on us. Puts a real stink on the weekend.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you’re misinterpreting it.

I assume they mean that we improved when we changed to 3-4-3 and maybe, though not sure, they might be thinking he avoided a yellow card so can play (if fit) against Villa.

Nobody is happy that he’s injured.

Nobody.

No I'm ****ed off he's injured

But if its serious least we know he's going to be in a Wolves shirt next season

Reactions: Ned

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The creativity we lost without neves on the pitch was also worrying. Next season is going to be very interesting if he does depart. No point moaning about this game as Lage said 11v11 we was dominating we can’t let this game hurt us. Break now to heal ourselves!!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was annoying. Raul v unlucky for a second yellow, but he has had some real brain farts since his return and needs resting. We should have still had enough about us to see off Leeds with 10 men as they hadn't laid a glove on us. Puts a real stink on the weekend.
He doesn’t need ‘resting’ he needs dropping. Should’ve scored 2 tonight, he’s been poor the majority of the season

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh, many of us moan about trying to see out a lead. I know it makes sense under certain circumstances, such as tonight, but we should have had more about us than that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another note that’s 0 points from Palace and Leeds at home. It’s yet another 90 plus goal conceded.

We have some wonderful footballers, relative to the last 40 years or so, but we are miles off being a proper top side still. Ultimately it comes down to being a centre half and centre midfielder short for me. As it has for last 3 years now.

Striker and centre midfielder for me. We are fine at CH. Though not sure why Kilman is not actually playing. Toti would be in ahead of Saiss at the moment. No problems with either Boly or Coady, who can't be blamed for tonight. The shambles was RAN and Saiss on the left. Donk missing as usual, I forgot he was even playing. As usual. Until injury time in the first half, though on top, we'd not tested their keeper other than 1 shot. That is all so typical. Plenty of back heels around the edge of their penalty area, the end product only came from Leeds howlers and a set piece with extra Leeds howlers. Leeds are apparently awful at set pieces. Yet what did we create when they were actually watching? Nothing. As usual. Trincao was good until Leeds started actually defending, then he looked ordinary. This is "Leeds defending" we're talking about here, too!

I do agree on the wonderful footballers. I just think it's a huge gap from mid table to top 6 in this league and the best we can realistically do is enjoy that mid table. Because it's easier for teams to implode and drop down than it is to bridge that gap. Enjoy the good matches, move on from the bad, be grateful we are clear of relegation zone!:)

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Really ****ed off at Raul for leaving his foot in whilst on a yellow, and having an absolute stinker of a match.

Our squad has way too many passengers.

What does Coady add to the team?
First half kept breaking our offside trap and allowing Leeds through, where was his leadership second half?

Dendoncker absolute zero bottle, constantly giving the ball away under pressure in our own half. What does he add?

Saiss isn't a natural centre back and too slow to be a midfielder.

Raul completely off the pace.

Only positive to come out of that game is that Trincao seems to have found a bit of confidence in his ability.
And that Moutinho didn’t see a straight red for a studs up knee high challenge on Dallas preceding the 2nd goal.

Oh and at least Raul will get a week off now is another positive.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the second goal is the most calamitous goals I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely laughable, Sunday league stuff. Sa and Saiss shocking.

el gringo

Reaction score
I only saw the match on TV in nice bar on the next block to my office, for free, so as always appreciation for those who spent a lot of money and travelled from near, and far, and wide only to witness that loss, but I thought we played really well and got some tough breaks there.

T

TheConcourse

We played poorly after the sending off.

My opinion is that Coady is an outstanding centre half in a back 3, having an excellent season and a superb leader (one I’m hugely proud to have at Wolves).

11 Vs 11 we were excellent today. 11 Vs 10 we weren’t. But, for me, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath-water.
But I don’t it as throwing the baby out with the bath water. We’ve failed to evolve for years as a back line , and it’s constantly costing our ability to go and finish teams off.

Nights like tonight, Palace, West Ham, Arsenal - they’re all clear indicators that when semi capable attacking units put us under pressure we buckle.

I don’t see Coady or Saiss at the club or starting games next season. If they are we’ve failed in the market again IMO.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh, many of us moan about trying to see out a lead. I know it makes sense under certain circumstances, such as tonight, but we should have had more about us than that.
Not seen it yet but l gather that the second yellow, going for a 50:50 ball which he'd have been crucified if he hadn't gone for, was harsh. The absolute shambles afterwards though. It was obvious within about 5 mins that Fabio should come on to give us an outlet.

Last edited:

Gold Blood

Groupie
Reaction score
Could tell it was written in the stars when mr reliable jose sa was all over the show for the 2nd goal. He reminds me a bit of the gk in mean machine played by jason statham.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, the refereeing didnt help us, but as a team we lost that because we managed the game poorly, but i think Lage is the one who need to have a look at his decisions. Utter stupidity to leave Podence up top by himself, Silva or Hwang should have replaced him and i think regardless to that he is tinkering too much with the starting 11. Our strength this season has been the consistency of our selections.

As for the red, with some of you lot on here Raul cant win. Yes he's been below par all season, but he is copping **** for making the challenge that saw him get a second yellow ( which as we all know wasnt a booking ) but i'm 100% confident in saying if he didnt make the challenge then you would be bagging the bloke for not going in for it. It was a fair attempt to get the ball.

Back
Top Bottom