Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Verdict

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 terrible goals to concede.
I hate losing.
I hate losing on a Friday night - it ruins the weekend.
I hate losing a match we had in our pockets.
Friend was terrible. He always is, but tonight was off the charts.
Yup. Complete ruined the weekend.
Goal: Some atrocious Leeds chap
Assist: Friend, Saiss, RAN

L78

Reaction score
Nah, not having this. He was bad first half but that is never, ever, ever, ever, EVER a yellow card. He literally does nothing.
I'm on about the two chances he should have put away shocking

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
None of like the sitting back and defending we do when one up sometimes but with ten men and being 2 up this was probably the time to play counter attacking football. Not to go giving them space.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question marks over Bruno after that. You could argue he could never see Raul picking up a second yellow, but he should have subbed Podence as soon as the red card was given and gone to a 4-4-1. Real lack of leadership on the field too.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel like I did at half time of the 3-2 to Man City. I don't even feel like it's a real game because of the ineptitude of the officiating.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it's all been said. Silly to throw 3 points away. I have to say though that I had to mute the Sky commentators were pretty much pleasuring each other such was their glee. They were screaming at one point.

Is it too much to ask for competent referees and commentators who don't have a lapful of semen at the end?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% Lage’s fault.
Raul on a yellow, cruising the game, Leeds weakened through injuries.
The absolute sensible half time decision should have been to give Fabio 45 mins.
I called it then. It was so obvious..
And no excuses for the blind panic that ensued

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 4 - all over the place tonight. Didn't dominate at all but largely down to the incompetence in front of him
Boly - 5 - early booking and looked shaky when we were under pressure, partly at fault for the third
Coady - 5 - all over the shop
Saiss - -14 - one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt. Don't think he completed a pass, **** in the tackle, and what the **** was that for their goal? Embarrassing to see him on the pitch, get rid in the summer
Jonny - 6 - good finish and more minutes but struggled a couple of times positionally
RAN - 5 - had some good moments but his bad ones were terrible. Should never be caught under the ball like that at PL level
Neves - n/a - early injury
Moutinho - 5 - kept giving away silly free kicks, does it all the time
Donk - 4 - all over the shop
Pod - 6 - didn't do much wrong but wasn't unreal
Raul - 2 - played poorly first half, squandered chances then put himself in a position where the ref had to make a decision

Hwang - 4 - did nothing
Trincao - 7.5 MOTM - only player who did well today
Fabio/Chiq too late to rate

I'm annoyed at the ref like anyone else, but when you defend like a team of under 6's that's what you get at this level. It's been coming for a while, our luck has ran out

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the blame is aimed at Raul.
Absolutely stupid to blame him…….and besides, the tackle at speed was very, very fine margins.
Many a team for the last century has been down a player and didn’t lose.

We were 2-0 ……we should have been able to protect that lead. PERIOD.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Where to begin. Awful officiating but we absolutely fell apart against one of the worst sides I have seen at this level. They created nothing, even against 10 men but three shocking pieces of defending, all involving Saiss, gifted them the points.

Was absolutely crying out for Fabio to be bought on, either in a 4-4-1 or as a focal point with Trincao playing just off him.

Sa 4
Boly 5
Coady 5
Saiss 3
Jonny 7
Moutinho 6
Neves N/A
Dendoncker 5
RAN 5
Raul 4
Podence 6

Trincao 8

Only positives were Trincao and the fact it leaves Watford absolutely screwed.

Hopefully Neves is ok.

If you’re going to **** up an attempt on the European places, that’s one hell of a way to do it.

greenwolf1301

Reaction score
I haven't see it mentioned and in the ground I couldn't tell but how did they make 4 subs and which was the concussion sub then?

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
We always fu£& it up somehow when we have a chance of top 6. Ultimately we all know we’re not a top 6 team. But tonight’s hard to take - 2-0 against a team as low as Leeds and still we contrive to lose .

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Even Luke Ayling said the red decision on Raul was harsh. Ruined my weekend.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Livid. Ref handed them the game there.

How the **** does that Leeds **** get away without a card for an elbow.

Clearly a physical game that both sets of players were up for and that pussy ref gives a weak as **** red.

We shouldn't lose the game, but these officials can **** right off

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Those in charge mistakenly allowed us to get to Europe once but we did a little too well, never again

DarloWolf

Reaction score
All about officials again 50/50 challenge no need.for a card .
The whole thing is courpt , 1 bonus from tonight is how excited every1 including Jamie gets so excited when we get beat .

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well, never mind.

Well done Leeds. They showed the kind of spirit they need to stay up. They got the lucky breaks you need and their defence is still questionable, but they never gave up.

The first half was a stop-start affair. There just wasn't a chance to get any flow in the game. The two goals were good, and fantastic for Otto and Trincao individually.

At half-time, we were comfortable. The sending-off changed the match obviously. If Jimenez got there first then the Leeds keeper would have got the yellow. As it was Jimenez got there second, so he got it instead. The ref could have probably given enough leeway not to give up, but it's one of those.

Our defending was shocking though, especially the second one. The entire team just stopped playing hoping Leeds would kick the ball out of play so a Leeds player could get treatment. Play to the whistle. After that, it was a circus. Terrible individual mistakes.

I thought Silva should have come on at about the 65th minute for Podence. We need someone to keep the ball up there. I am surprised Lage didn't make that call, but he knows more than me.

The man of the match for me was Trincao. A goal and an assist, plus he worked hard tracking back. The kind of performance a player gives after spending a bit of time on the bench.

I suppose I'll have another sleepless night. I do hate losing matches, but it's even worse losing it like that. Still, this is the torture of being a football supporter.

Goal music - Boooo

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't see it mentioned and in the ground I couldn't tell but how did they make 4 subs and which was the concussion sub then?
The one when he had a black eye. Klich

When friend played on hahahahah .

Concussed and the ref waves play on. You can’t even make it up

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a perfect storm there. Errors for the goals from Ait-Nouri, Saiss, Sa and Boly. Ait-Nouri is still young, Sa is probably going to have two or three brainfarts a season given how high intensity he is, and Boly's just coming back: just very bad luck all those things combined today. I also thought Jonny looked knackered by the end and we were vulnerable down his flank. But more than all that I think that really showed us how much we'd struggle without Neves. Yes, we scored two goals, but we really couldn't control midfield. I also thought we should have brought on Hwang for Podence when down to ten men. Podence is great on the ball but is too hot-headed to play the clever game we needed with ten (at one point Dendoncker was sat in taking two passes out of the game and Podence implored him to press their centre-half.

I thought the Jimenez sending off was wrong, but we've got to show more ability to rise above errors than we did there: we just went to pieces.

Plus point was Trincao, who does so much good work unnoticed but added the bits you notice.

Sa: I like how pro-active he is usually, but you can be pro-active and calm. Today was just manic. Maybe he's angry at not being called up by Portugal. Good save at 2-2, mind. 4
Jonny:
Lovely goal and excellent first half, but thought he was knackered by the end and kept getting beaten. 6
Boly:
Commanding, then jittery, then commanding, then jittery. Understandable, and not helped by those around him. 5
Coady:
Shaky early on, and failed to organise a flailing defence. 5
Saiss:
Just jittery, though a good block from James at 2-2. 4
Ait-Nouri:
Out of position for first, but very good going forwards. 6
Moutinho:
Lovely ball for the first, but thought he faded badly and lost his cool after the red card. 5
Dendoncker:
Poor. 5
Neves:
N/A.
Podence: Flattered to deceive and lack of footballing intelligence. Good thinking for second. 5
Jimenez:
Looked like he has for much of this season, and it's sad to see. Those having a go at him need to take a long hard look at themselves. 5

Trincao:
What we all hoped we were getting. Looking forward to seeing more of him for rest of season. 8.5
Hwang & Chiquino:
Little impact
Silva: One good hold up and lay-off for Trincao's saved drive.

Last edited:

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raul very stupid risking that on a yellow!
Saiss i'm sorry but he should have been replace a while ago.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our supporters love being victims to refs. Its never Wolves fault for being in these rubbish spots due to stupid play. Its never just incompetence.

Even more tiring than the victimhood of wolves is the fact they seem to absolutely blow it whenever they have a chance at taking advantage of the table and moving up into a Europe spot. It has been *the* hallmark of our Bruno/Nuno era since the Europa appearance. Its becoming numb, i really don't feel anything about it. I kind of expected it as soon as the red was shown. Typical.

Back
Top Bottom