Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we put the myth together about our leader tonight? Please.

A leader pulls the players together and gets the team tough to break down for 10 minutes whilst emotions are high.

We need a clear out in the summer if we’re serious about progress. It has to start at the back.
But he has a good personality

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a few posters on here, who only post when Wolves lose and say the worst thing possible about Wolves. They post the same things seconds apart. I am sure they are **** fans, in disguise.
Oh yes, criticise Wolves and we are suddenly Albion and Blues and colluding in secret with PGMOL. Is this MolMix or MoscowMix?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another note that’s 0 points from Palace and Leeds at home. It’s yet another 90 plus goal conceded.

We have some wonderful footballers, relative to the last 40 years or so, but we are miles off being a proper top side still. Ultimately it comes down to being a centre half and centre midfielder short for me. As it has for last 3 years now.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Only one person to blame for that ****-show!

2-0 up and in complete control. Leeds were/are a complete shambles.

Man of the Match - the guy in the black shirt, shorts and whistle. A complete and utter disgrace!

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I turned off when raul got the red, really angry with him for doing that, such a costly error.

Here are are a few First half ratings because second half was just nullified by that red.

Boly was great, brilliant performance. So dominant.
Moutinho brilliant.
Trincao was very good.
Ait nouri excellent.

Raul mate you ****ed up badly.
Think you need to watch both halves before dishing out ratings….

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6th place nose bleed strikes again.

We’ve given them four points this season through pure stupidly for the most part.

We’ll lose games, but they manner of that shower really stings.

Must be how the Vile felt.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love to know what the PGMOL tell their refs when it looks like we are about to break up the cartel.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Can we put the myth together about our leader tonight? Please.

A leader pulls the players together and gets the team tough to break down for 10 minutes whilst emotions are high.

We need a clear out in the summer if we’re serious about progress. It has to start at the back.

I’ll bite first (I’m tired, ****ed and as ****ed off as everyone about the result) but I’d like to think I speak on behalf of the majority of sensible fans when I say…

You’re miles off it here.

And that’s as politely as I can put it.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
If Boly is back, he should be on the left and Kilman on the right. Saïss for all his grit and his good performances earlier in the season, has been awful since he came back from the Cup of Nations. Toti, who didn't put a foot wrong, was wrongly dropped by Lage.

Cundle, who did great against Tottenham, was dropped by Lage.

Fabio Silva, our best player against West Ham, was dropped by Lage.

How the **** are our young players supposed to train well when they're dropped unfairly?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't blame refs when we defend like that
Of course you can! If we have a target man who holds the ball up up top those situations likely don't even occur, when you haven't, the ball keeps coming back at you! Credit to Leeds for turning it around but let's not pretend that would have been anything but a comfortable Wolves win without the dismissal.....although the way Sky Sports are going on you'd be forgiven for doing so!

T

TheConcourse

I’ll bite first (I’m tired, ****ed and as ****ed off as everyone about the result) but I’d like to think I speak on behalf of the majority of sensible fans when I say…

You’re miles off it here.

And that’s as politely as I can put it.
Why though? Did you not just see us absolutely capitulate against a truly awful side?

Happy to debate, but I can only say what I saw.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well, never mind.

Well done Leeds. They showed the kind of spirit they need to stay up. They got the lucky breaks you need and their defence is still questionable, but they never gave up.

The first half was a stop-start affair. There just wasn't a chance to get any flow in the game. The two goals were good, and fantastic for Otto and Trincao individually.

At half-time, we were comfortable. The sending-off changed the match obviously. If Jimenez got there first then the Leeds keeper would have got the yellow. As it was Jimenez got there second, so he got it instead. The ref could have probably given enough leeway not to give up, but it's one of those.

Our defending was shocking though, especially the second one. The entire team just stopped playing hoping Leeds would kick the ball out of play so a Leeds player could get treatment. Play to the whistle. After that, it was a circus. Terrible individual mistakes.

I thought Silva should have come on at about the 65th minute for Podence. We need someone to keep the ball up there. I am surprised Lage didn't make that call, but he knows more than me.

The man of the match for me was Trincao. A goal and an assist, plus he worked hard tracking back. The kind of performance a player gives after spending a bit of time on the bench.

I suppose I'll have another sleepless night. I do hate losing matches, but it's even worse losing it like that. Still, this is the torture of being a football supporter.
Great well balanced and reasonable post. I’ll come back to it a few times in the next few days to help easy the pain of that lousy, lousy loss.

Mind you, we were very lucky Leeds weren’t up a couple of goals in the first 15 minutes, right?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno to blame. Deserve to concede 3 goals and ultimately the game when your winning 2-0 at home and playing a 5-4 formation.

Unfair. Did he tell Saiss to defend like a Sunday league defender with a hangover?

Probably need a day or so to calm down, I hate making comments when the match is still raw! But it seemed so unlike us from virtually start to finish. Way too open - we could have been 2 goals down after 10 minutes, or 4 goals up at half time. If you want entertainment, then that was the match for you! At this stage, would rather have the staid one goal victory. Leeds were unlucky with injuries, but struck lucky with the first 2 goals. No idea why we were so panicky, even with 10 men, we have shown ourselves to be a side that can grind out a result. If anything, seemed that we were still far too open and didn't calm down and steady ourselves after the sending off. Too many getting forward, like we were trying to out-Leeds Leeds, which is daft as we are their diametric opposite and should play to our strengths, not theres.

Let's see how Bruno reacts to a disappointing outcome. It's football, these crazy things happen. Way too early to be pressing any panic buttons. This could well turn out to be a one off.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That collapse was absolutely worrying it did not look on the cards at all until the red card and a Saiss masterclass.

Kevin Friend was an absolute disgrace that might seem cliché but I can't believe how bad he was he has to be bent to produce a display like that it was more than incompetence no way can a ref be that bad unintentionally.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can all bemoan the Raul red although it was deserved.

But if you remove all emotion, that embarrassing miss from a simple half volley was the worst. 10 yards wide from 12 yards out. Same as against Arsenal.

Drawn into perspective by a first time volley from a cross by Rodrigo against the post, much more difficult.

Love you Raul. But it’s time to move on.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't have a problem until the sending off as we controlled the game comfortably. We had lost Neves who controls our play but that didn't seem to much of a problem as we waited for more goals which surely would come. Then the ref made his decision to penalise Raul when most agreed it was a 50/50 clash and we began to perform like a Sunday school outfit playing the bullies off a rough council estate and totally folded. Trincao couldn't be blamed today as he showed what a skilful players he is but maybe Saiss suffered for the elbow that clattered him without punishment.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No harm Raul should not have been off they both went for the ball. The officiating was atrocious but worst of all, why we persisted with 3 at the back when we were under the cosh for 35 mins and desperately needed Fabio on up top

SellyWolf

Reaction score
If Boly is back, he should be on the left and Kilman on the right. Saïss for all his grit and his good performances earlier in the season, has been awful since he came back from the Cup of Nations. Toti, who didn't put a foot wrong, was wrongly dropped by Lage.

How the **** are our young players supposed to train well when they're dropped unfairly?

Not sure where to start with this…

Cundle filled a hole against Spurs and did OK. Would you have said he should keep Neves or Moutinho out of the team? Surely not.

Silva played well at West Ham. Lage decided to go with Jiminez in the next couple. He scored as we won 2 of the next 3. He’s a much better player than Silva, surely?

No one is dropped ‘unfairly’. Their job (which they’re paid a lot of money for) is to train well and work hard and play when the manager of the football team needs them to.

You could stick Toti, Cundle and Silva in next week if you like on your logic and it would dis-balance the team and make the starting 11 weaker (in my opinion).

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So much hindsight in this post though mate.

Toti is raw, we don’t watch him train. We very much know what we’re going to get from Saiss in the PL (good or bad).

Cundle was tidy and helpful in the press. Certainly not ‘great’. Not on the ball, at least.

Silva was decent chasing a game we looked so passive as a team. In actually scoring, he’s had more bad games than good, though.

Like it or not, in this day and age, managers have to manage egos as much as anything else and the youth/younger players aren’t going to be the ones messing up chemistry.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m actually fuming after that. Too many times this season we’ve thrown it away.

We keep XI men on we win that 3-0 probably. But the minute Raul goes off I just looked at the team, the stadium, and felt an inevitability we’d lose.

Cruising at 2-0, but the masters of our own downfall yet again. I see no leaders in that team, no Ince, that snarls at his teammates and gets them up for the fight. Needs to be addressed.

Must feel incredible to be that Ayling chap right now, how he’s a PL player I’ll never know, so to score a late winner at a ground like Molineux must be the pinnacle of his career to date.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Burnley can find a few wins (which I think they will) Leeds are going down. We weren't even good and should have been 5-0 up before the sending off.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Why though? Did you not just see us absolutely capitulate against a truly awful side?

Happy to debate, but I can only say what I saw.

We played poorly after the sending off.

My opinion is that Coady is an outstanding centre half in a back 3, having an excellent season and a superb leader (one I’m hugely proud to have at Wolves).

11 Vs 11 we were excellent today. 11 Vs 10 we weren’t. But, for me, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath-water.

Back
Top Bottom