Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Nuno knows what he's doing look at other bright young players that have gone to big clubs .....Bellingham to Dortmund springs to mind a championship player to the Budesliga, lets see...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He was excellent against us in the FA cup, but it is a huge ask if he is the Doherty replacement. I am pro signing young players to develop but clearly we need a seasoned first team signing, possibly 2.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player himself says he likes playing RB and is not yet ready for CD.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Athletic ran an article on him last year, and reading it, he sounds a perfect match for Wolves. Mature for his age, already an international, flexible to play CB or RWB, likes to get forward but happy to stay back when needed to develop his game, organised and vocal on the pitch...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably really suited to RCB in our back three.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
For all we know we are buying him to provide cover for someone else coming in. Just because some reporter says it's to replace Doc doesn't necessarily mean that is the case
Could be. Only time will tell. Could he be taking Kilman's place in the matchday 18 or was Kilman's non availability (according to Nuno) last night just mere coincidence?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didnt need another young back up defender at this stage, we struggle to break teams down not keep them at bay, so to allow a forward to leave and negotiate such by bringing in a defensive option who won't be first team level is just a bit bizarre. The remainder of the window will really see how ambitious we are I guess

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Athletic ran an article on him last year, and reading it, he sounds a perfect match for Wolves. Mature for his age, already an international, flexible to play CB or RWB, likes to get forward but happy to stay back when needed to develop his game, organised and vocal on the pitch...

I remember years ago reading an article
about how Neill Collins was ‘one to watch’. It’s all relative of course and I am almost sure that the piece was written by a certain Steve Claridge, who I ******* despise.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on, he's hardly gonna displace Trent Alexander-Arnold from the side is he.
No but he is even behind the guy covering for Alexander-Arnold. I think he is a talent but is he what we need right now with still no proper replacement for Doc, Jonny out of it along with MGW and probably Jota too. We urgently need a couple of mature quality players for now.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we don’t sell them for more new youngsters, which will see us being a development club.
We signed Cav and Costa as two young players, they served us well but ended up selling them, replacing one with a kid called Neto, who’d played about 100 or so minutes of professional football at that point last summer.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said it before but it's impossible to actually know how good a youngster is because they are never criticised - because why would you criticise a kid trying to make it in the game? You wouldn't and come across as a **** if you do.

The end result is we get the word 'potential' used to every youngster around.

The vast majority can do several decent things. If a midfielder keeps the ball, he's got potential to be the new Scholes. If a defender is quick, he's got the potential to be the new van Dijk. It's constant and rubbish because nobody objectively says how good youngsters are.

Even on a smaller scale, just look at our club. Many thought/hoped Sanderson would be good and he's now not in the plans and Nuno doesn't think he's better than Buur. People thought Elliot Watt was going to be a player and he went to League Two. Again, we could go on and on with examples.

The hype is significantly increased with the big clubs so it's no surprise that there's articles about saying Hoever will be excellent or Liverpool fans are going mad but it's pointless, they don't know and the standard he's played at is ridiculous.

So, for me, the proof is in the actions.

He's played four games for them; 2-1 loss at Wolves, 5-0 loss at Villa, wins against MK Dons and Shrewsbury. That's not ideal, even if he is only 18.

Perhaps more worryingly, he didn't make the much-changed XI against Everton in the cup and Nat Phillips was preferred who is 22/23 and had been on loan in the German second division.

That doesn't fill me with confidence that Liverpool do think he's good and nor does the track record they have of moving players on. They sell rubbish at hugely inflated prices because they have convinced buyers their young players are good. And, we're spending £10m on him.

It's also why I'm slightly worried about Fabio Silva and Vitinha, particularly the latter.

Vitinha is 20 and doesn't make the Porto bench until the last few months. That's just the bench, he isn't in the XI - and we're spending £20m on him!? Likewise, Silva. Are Porto that good that they can have a striker worth £35m on the bench? The answer is no for those that haven't seen them play.

For Silva and Hoever, they are 18 so they do have more time to develop but it's ridiculous money for players who have achieved absolutely nothing in the game.

It's too soon to go completely mad because we could get the 2-3 additions that are needed to improve the XI but if we don't, serious questions would need to be asked as to why we're spending £65m on three players who have done nothing and are not ready to make an instant impact in the Premier League.

If we do get the players, and we are investing massively on the future as well, fair play. It's still a huge risk but it's an exciting one. If they're expected to play now, which I expect is the case based on the fees, it could be a stupid risk to take.

The next few weeks are huge.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can drive to training with the other kids? He can vote? But can he manscape?
I wonder if it is because you Mediterranean types are notoriously hairy (Greeks and Turks the worst) that you keep going on about this subject.... Are your bits baboon-like hairy????? lol

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if it is because you Mediterranean types are notoriously hairy (Greeks and Turks the worst) that you keep going on about this subject.... Are your bits baboon-like hairy????? lol
Nope. Smooth as a baby. Well manscaped.

E

Eddie's Eagle

Well, I've read mostly praise for his ability from Liverpool fans and none of it is sarcastic. They seem sad that he might be leaving to join us and are hoping there is a buy back clause as they think he will become a top player in 2-3 years time. I don't know anything about him except for the game vs us and I thought he looked impressive. I will put my trust in those who have watched him play for their club and our scouts / coaching staff.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name me a couple of 18 year olds that have played regular premier league football at premier league/ champions league winning club? Some would say yours was the comment of a moron. I don't think that, I just think that it was badly thought out.

Well that’s ok then.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Feel for the kid will be a big decision to move for him and he's very highly rated hope they can keep the announcements apart over the weekend.

Maybe do Jota first and then leave it a day and give this lad his moment.

Possibly keep Jeff away from the interview too. Twitter's anger won't be helped if he's on there selling him as the 2nd coming of Cafu.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All got a bit overshadowed. Bet we dont see him play for months or even years

Back
Top Bottom