Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour has it he rejected Atletico and Juventus to opt for us?

This kid might well have something about him, does likely mean Kilman is off though.

Gold Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Liverpool mate who is clued up on his football and would honestly say if a player is poor rates him. Reckons he is very good defensively as well. Be an interesting signing. At least he is a natural RWB rather than Traore.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jadon Sancho went for £8m without ever playing a game for City.

I wouldn’t mind Wolves becoming the English Borussia Dortmund
Well we missed out on Jude Bellingham. Dortmunds model for big gains is to find young English talent as if they are half decent they will still be 3 times the value of an equivalent Dutch or even Italian player.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool mate who is clued up on his football and would honestly say if a player is poor rates him. Reckons he is very good defensively as well. Be an interesting signing. At least he is a natural RWB rather than Traore.
Articles seem to indicate that Liverpool were reluctant to let him go it's just the emergence of Williams and TAA being ever present meant it was in the interest in all parties to let him move on, albeit and emphasised, reluctantly.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome! You've got the chance of a lifetime here!

D

Deleted member 4008

Let's hope he is good but ready to fight fir a top six place in at rwb I am not sure . Seems others clubs are strengthening their 11 and we are taking possible gamble with young unproven talent .

Gold Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Articles seem to indicate that Liverpool were reluctant to let him go it's just the emergence of Williams and TAA being ever present meant it was in the interest in all parties to let him move on, albeit and emphasised, reluctantly.

Yep, exactly what my Liverpool mate said. He is pretty disappointed that he is going but the issue is that he won't get game time there now.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inter and Atletico were interested in him and enough Liverpool fans say they shouldn't have let him go.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Athletic article from 2019 I posted up the thread said the same thing. Mature outlook, strong defensively but likes to get forward when they are enjoying possession. Sounds like a Nuno signing to me. Future CB and cover at RWB, so I‘m expecting another older RWB incoming.

Last edited:

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So this lad can play centre back or right back.

But many are pointing out he is Docs replacement ... Does not add up to me ... Our system relies on an attacking player who is good in the final 3rd and ok defensively (Doc) ... This is the other way around.

Can anyone see a centre back/right back making the run for Moutinho to pick out and pull the ball back for Podence to score ... Or coming inside cleverly against Man City to finish nicely on his weaker foot ... I can't!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is clearly a break down in communication.

Nuno and Jeff have obviously had a falling out over transfers and Nuno has stormed out of Jeff’s office shouting, “Just sign whoever!”.

Jeff took him literally and this is now happening.
Doh!!!!

St.Simon.

Reaction score
He was excellent against us in the FA cup, but it is a huge ask if he is the Doherty replacement. I am pro signing young players to develop but clearly we need a seasoned first team signing, possibly 2.
Yeah...at present the only seasoned players in the first team are are Patricio, Boly, Coady, Saiss, Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho, Jiminez, Traore, and Podence. Gosh...we really are exposed.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Really excited by this signing. Remember when he signed for Liverpool, a lot of people commenting that he was the next VVD. Now, we all know there’s been a million “next Messi” or “next Ronaldo” who haven’t made it.
But for £10m in today’s market, it’s a chance well worth taking. Be interesting to see whether he’s signed as first choice RWB or whether he’ll be a squad player to start with.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really excited by this signing. Remember when he signed for Liverpool, a lot of people commenting that he was the next VVD. Now, we all know there’s been a million “next Messi” or “next Ronaldo” who haven’t made it.
But for £10m in today’s market, it’s a chance well worth taking. Be interesting to see whether he’s signed as first choice RWB or whether he’ll be a squad player to start with.
Might be the same as Neto. He was in the 1st team in no time.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that Ki can either play CB or RWB. Surely at 5ft9 he's too short for a CB! I see him being played as Doc's replacement, however Rui will need to re-think his distribution as Doc won a lot in the air from Rui's kicks. Not sure whether this guy will. Only seen him in that debut match against us last season when he certainly impressed. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but has potential.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that Ki can either play CB or RWB. Surely at 5ft9 he's too short for a CB! I see him being played as Doc's replacement, however Rui will need to re-think his distribution as Doc won a lot in the air from Rui's kicks. Not sure whether this guy will. Only seen him in that debut match against us last season when he certainly impressed. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but has potential.
See the Mix has already stolen two inches to fuel their negative agenda

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Only an inch taller than the mighty Billy Wright then.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes 5’11
Was quoting the E&S ' Although he has played as a centre-half under Klopp, 5ft 9in Hoever considers himself a right-back as he said last month: “I see myself as a right-back at the moment. '

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was quoting the E&S ' Although he has played as a centre-half under Klopp, 5ft 9in Hoever considers himself a right-back as he said last month: “I see myself as a right-back at the moment. '

Express & Star

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Juve and Atletico were both heavily interested in him then we must be doing something right? I have a feeling he will do very well for us

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the people concerned that he is mainly a CB and RWB is an attacking role. Honestly I think that can be learned Jonny has shown that provided you have a football brain and enough skill/speed you can develop this. And with Doc on his way and Marcal brought in as well as Vinagre not really getting a chance I think Nuno is looking for more capably defensive wingbacks and looking for other attacking routes.

Not that I'm saying this guy will be first choice RWB just in case he ends up with a run in the team like Vinagre did at a similar age. But who knows really he might see him as a superstar....

Juve and Atletico were both heavily interested in him apparently. Have a feeling he will do well

Yep he looked super composed against us at 16 years old and have heard good reports for him for internationals/youth since then.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't want to drone on, but not seen Hoever craft for a while, and a big fan.:rolleyes:

...looks good, as they usually all do on You Tube...

Last edited:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Cannavaro might have done okay as a centre back.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
He is unproven in week in week out Premier League, very few first team appearances including off the bench. Could well get roasted in an early game lose his confidence, then the fans get on his back and his career slips away.
we need experience now for this season and use this lad as we have Vinagre to build up his experience and knowledge over 2 or three seasons then he might blossom. But experience first please.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is unproven in week in week out Premier League, very few first team appearances including off the bench. Could well get roasted in an early game lose his confidence, then the fans get on his back and his career slips away.
we need experience now for this season and use this lad as we have Vinagre to build up his experience and knowledge over 2 or three seasons then he might blossom. But experience first please.
Talk about expecting the worst.

What about he gets man of the match in he's first 3 games

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 5ft 11 I'd say he will be a right back / wing back moreso than a VVD type big centre back.

Back
Top Bottom