Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Karl Henry signs new four year deal

R

reanswolf

This is why I worry about Project Stale.
He obviously sees Karl as being a decent player who will be integral to his side.
He's been brilliant seen hes been here but people with the football brains of the 1950s don't get it.
How are we going to evolve as a club when we have fans who can't understand anything other than gerrit forward

Sorry bud but that is very patronising, just as I could argue everyone thinks it is great for us cos he's from Ashma.

i do appreciate that KH has more to his game than just last ditch defensive tackles, but likewise Albion fans (for example) who are used to quality midfields, would recoil in horror if he had to go to them, they recognise it affects the entire balance of midfield and compromises the attacking game of his fellow central midfielder/s as he sits so deep.

I know route one is advocated by a few, but seems a lot of folk on here just dont see the way a successful midfield has to operate, they just dont gerrit!:vollkommenauf:.

T

Toupee4Rae

Top man, good player, well worth the new contract. Nice to see his head is still firmly attached.

If we go back up and better players are brought in I would be delighted to have KH as a backup/squad player.

So MM, TC & SS all rate KH but a contingent on here still think otherwise hmmmm.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I said at the start of the summer I had a suspicion that two players everyone seemed to think would stay whatever would actually be the ones looking for moves away. One being Kightly and the other being Henry. Well I was 50% right.

Still think Henry should have been upgraded to boost our PL status, but with Doumbia and JOH (or someone decent when he's not fit) he's more than capable in The Championship.

And for £100,000 as I've always said, he was a bargain buy and has been an excellent servant for the club, much better than the overpriced rubbish previous managers seemed to trawl up.

And signing a new long-term contract right now has put him up in my estimations. Nice one Karl, would rather see players who WANT to play for Wolves wearing the shirt.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said at the start of the summer I had a suspicion that two players everyone seemed to think would stay whatever would actually be the ones looking for moves away. One being Kightly and the other being Henry. Well I was 50% right.

Still think Henry should have been upgraded to boost our PL status, but with Doumbia and JOH (or someone decent when he's not fit) he's more than capable in The Championship.

And for £100,000 as I've always said, he was a bargain buy and has been an excellent servant for the club, much better than the overpriced rubbish previous managers seemed to trawl up.

And signing a new long-term contract right now has put him up in my estimations. Nice one Karl, would rather see players who WANT to play for Wolves wearing the shirt.

AGREE , wolvesaywe :cool:

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karl Henry is one of us.Happy when we are happy.Gutted when we are gutted.Karl Henry deserves the captains armband.He is a true Wolverhampton hero.Nice one Karl.

Last edited by a moderator:

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news. Thanks Karl. Looking forward to seeing you with the armband on (hopefully) and bossing the midfield.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some stability at last ... I've been told I'm not allowed to use the word 'retard' but there is some serious over-reaction on Mol Mix regarding our own loyal players at the moment - even given the fact that the ones who aren't loyal are desperate to get away from the club.

D

Dewsburywolf

Oh, you mean nearly 4 and a half years ago....Straw clutching of the highest order. I salute you.

$$$$ing hell mate that's scraping the barrel at it's finest.
1 good thing in nearly 5 years? wow, what a messiah he is.

OK seeing as you both seem to be determined to be hard of thinking I'll spell it out for you - his manager told him to (on the whole) stay in his own half, hard to score goals from there isn't it? Beckham & Nayim have managed to score from such a position but not many others have achieved it

W

wanderer24

Happy with that, we are going to need him to unify this dressing room over the next few months.

Although i want to see him take more responsibility on the ball(as he used to) and i'm hoping other players push him hard or his place or replace him; i still think
he's an integral part of the squad and important in terms of understanding the fans and galvanizing the players. If SS is happy with that he can contribute, then this has to be a positive move.

B

BritInBigD

I never thought that there might be a testimonial game staged at the Molineux for a long serving player - this news makes that a possibility. Never say never I suppose.

Incidentally I had heard talk in the pubs of Shepherds Bush about Henry being a target for QPR - as a ready made replacement for Barton.

R

reanswolf

I never thought that there might be a testimonial game staged at the Molineux for a long serving player - this news makes that a possibility. Never say never I suppose.

Incidentally I had heard talk in the pubs of Shepherds Bush about Henry being a target for QPR - as a ready made replacement for Barton.

Don't expect they were too thrilled with that, considering the scroat Barton actually had KH in his pocket in terms of midfield play.

Barton anybody?:embarassed:

R

reanswolf

You're a dumbass if you don't see what Karl Henry has done under the managers instructions.

So with all respect, you think people can't make a fair assessment of a players abilities due to the way a manager tells him to play?

Back
Top Bottom