Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Karl Henry signs new four year deal

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love a good old knee jerk reaction

In no way knee jerk. Not quite as good as Bolton's midfield and Kean will inevitably bugger up Murphy at Blackburn.

Aside from those two clubs, I can't think of any other midfield trio I'd rather have in the division

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. Chuffed to bits with that. Karl is THE man for this League and this campaign, no two ways about it. SS will also have corrected MM's biggest mistake if he makes him captain.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bleeds gold and black, his home town club, and sends out a message to the rest of the squad!!!

Will the naysayers please get off his back now and recognise that he is quarried from the same rock as Cullis and Wright . . one of our own!

R

reanswolf

Signal of intent - Championship standard midfield next 4 seasons !!!!

I know that will mek me very unpopular here, I am pleased he has signed though cos he will indeed steady the ship, but 4 years!!! Yes good enough for Championship, though I genuinely still have concerns that his style inhibits the entire midfield shape. Please don't tell me or patronise me about not understanding what he does either.

I want to be proven wrong, I love Karl Henry's commitment, I love what he has done overall for Wolves, would never slate him at a match because he gives 100%, but sorry I remain to be convinced he helps us to be the team we need to be. But there again, as we are going to be in this league for 2-3 years at best, maybe its a good move.

Would he have been so loyal if Villa were still interested? Just asking .

P

paddy

best news of the summer

really missed when not in the team

i look forward ot celebrating his testimoniaL IDC and woudl love to see him at the club beyond in some capacity

legend

....in this world we are given one life, Karl H ....

S

SimplyTheWolves

Pleased for Karl, he's put up with a fair amount of stick and deserves to be part of Stale's plans.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An avarage player in this league.

Like xbomber said: Clever timing.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
This is great news. Whatever you think of Karl as a player, the symbolic significance and timing of this is outstanding.

A local man who wants to stand up and be counted. Give home the permament captaincy please, Stale.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He comes from Ashwood Park
He'll rob you in the Dark
Karl Henry whoooaaaa Karl Henry whooooaaaaa

Great news and great to see a player willing to commit to the club.

It's Ashmore Park actually - pronunced 'ashmah' - get it right - i think you should be stripped of your WV1 tag for calling it Ashwood ;)

W

WV1Wolf

It's Ashmore Park actually - pronunced 'ashmah' - get it right - i think you should be stripped of your WV1 tag for calling it Ashwood ;)

I bow my head in shame :stupido3:, I'm from Kingswinford which is DY6 but I just thought WV1 sounded better as a username.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news, greatest day of the summer so far, Edwards and Stearman next up for long term deals please.........

D

Danwolf

"Karl Henry ‏@karlhenry08
#wolvesaywe #comeonmebabbies #headstillhere Haha!!"

:D

Haha best tweet ever by a Wolves player.

My previous fave was Fletchers tweet about the only request he had put in was for some chips to go with his chicken wrap but we know how that turned out...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
KH - a proper Wolves hero!

I should add though only when his head hasn't gone and he acts like a captain/senior pro! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MonkeySpanner

Wolves through and through which is more than I can say for some on here when reading the threads.

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news.
Hopefully we will see what he can really do going forward now the McCarthy defensive shackles are off.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news.
Hopefully we will see what he can really do going forward now the McCarthy defensive shackles are off.

Karl Henry has hidden depths :D
Funniest post I've read in ages. Thanks! :)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixed feelings really. Henry is an excellent player defensively, arguably our best. A real disciplinarian too and will act as a a solid captain for us this year. Will he be good enough when we go back up? I'm not so sure, but in the Championship definitely because he is perfectly matched to this style of the game.

D

Dewsburywolf

Karl Henry has hidden depths :D
Funniest post I've read in ages. Thanks! :)

So you missed the bit where Mick $$$$$$$ed him for being that far up the pitch when he got that last minute winner at The Valley

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you missed the bit where Mick $$$$$$$ed him for being that far up the pitch when he got that last minute winner at The Valley

Oh, you mean nearly 4 and a half years ago....Straw clutching of the highest order. I salute you.

G

GoldForever

$$$$ing hell mate that's scraping the barrel at it's finest.
1 good thing in nearly 5 years? wow, what a messiah he is.

J

johnybig32

KHs talents are more than defensive. He just hasnt been given the opportunity to show them whilst in the EPL.

Us fans who were here before remember how influencial he was in our promotion campaigns.

D

Dewolf

$$$$ing hell mate that's scraping the barrel at it's finest.
1 good thing in nearly 5 years? wow, what a messiah he is.

Idiotic comment.

He's been consistently one of our best players for most of the last 5 years. Never hidden, even when made a scapegoat and called a crab and when others have tried to abandon ship he along with the likes of Doyle has chosen to be loyal. Deserves every bit of respect.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I worry about Project Stale.
He obviously sees Karl as being a decent player who will be integral to his side.
He's been brilliant seen hes been here but people with the football brains of the 1950s don't get it.
How are we going to evolve as a club when we have fans who can't understand anything other than gerrit forward

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signal of intent - Championship standard midfield next 4 seasons !!!!

I know that will mek me very unpopular here, I am pleased he has signed though cos he will indeed steady the ship, but 4 years!!! Yes good enough for Championship, though I genuinely still have concerns that his style inhibits the entire midfield shape. Please don't tell me or patronise me about not understanding what he does either.

Or, maybe, Championship quality until (if) we're promoted, then a squad player due to better quality replacements being brought in.

Signing a 4 year contract does not mean there's a clause in there guaranteeing you a starting place in the first XI for that period of time.

New manager, new rules.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Idiotic comment.

He's been consistently one of our best players for most of the last 5 years. Never hidden, even when made a scapegoat and called a crab and when others have tried to abandon ship he along with the likes of Doyle has chosen to be loyal. Deserves every bit of respect.

I'd say your post was idiotic. He has been a consitent performer...consistently bad. As for 'abandoning ship', the other guys;Jarvis, Fletch, Berra & Kightly, only one has left, no-one wants Berra and we're awaiting satisfactory offers for Jarvis and Fletch. Hardly 'rats going overboard'. I would agree that Henry will be a better player against poorer opposition in the Championship but a four year contract??? c'mon!!!! If we get promoted 2013/14 season, we're stuck with the same old $$$$ that failed so miserably last year.

D

dazmanwolf

Or, maybe, Championship quality until (if) we're promoted, then a squad player due to better quality replacements being brought in.

Signing a 4 year contract does not mean there's a clause in there guaranteeing you a starting place in the first XI for that period of time.

New manager, new rules.

Its not 4 years...its a 2 year extension to his contract (making his stay here up to 4 years). Its the Moxey way. He may be valuable in the future if Prem sniffers are around and then his price goes up if sold. Its a good policy IMO. :D

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say your post was idiotic. He has been a consitent performer...consistently bad. As for 'abandoning ship', the other guys;Jarvis, Fletch, Berra & Kightly, only one has left, no-one wants Berra and we're awaiting satisfactory offers for Jarvis and Fletch. Hardly 'rats going overboard'. I would agree that Henry will be a better player against poorer opposition in the Championship but a four year contract??? c'mon!!!! If we get promoted 2013/14 season, we're stuck with the same old $$$$ that failed so miserably last year.
No he was right - they are idiotic comments.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, fantastic player at this level and more than capable in the PL.

He was amazing in the first season for us.

Hopefully he will be given his armband back in the very near future.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Great news, fantastic player at this level and more than capable in the PL.

He was amazing in the first season for us.

Hopefully he will be given his armband back in the very near future.

Exactly this. Excellent news after a difficult few days. Going to be a big player for us this season.

W

wolf1877

Of course he's happy to commit - he ain't gonna get offered any better. Not good enough for the Prem - I don't buy this Premier League interest nonsense. I would put money on that being spin out of Molineux to appease the fans after losing some other player(s) to the Prem. It appears to be working.

spot on, no prem interested in him just like no prem is interested in any of our other players apart from kightly/jarvis/fletcher.

Back
Top Bottom