Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Karl Henry signs new four year deal

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to him! Least someone wants to stay!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry signs new deal

According to the clubs official Twitter, KH has signed a new 4 year contract which could extend his stay to 10 years.

Wonderful servant and a bit of good news (not in the eyes of some).

C

Craddockinho

Happy with that, we are going to need him to unify this dressing room over the next few months.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good lad.

Very very underrated player - especially for the Championship. Evidently Solbakken likes him too.

#headson

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpee

Thumbs up from me. Shows that his head's not gone at least.

G

Gornal-wolf

Brilliant news. According to wolves twitter there was premier interest in him. That's the loyalty we have been looking for!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's the loyalty? Oops wrong thread

Fair play Karl now give him the arm band

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry---Doumbia----O'Hara (if he ever recovers)

That is a midfield that will tear apart the championship. If we can just sort out the defence then we'll have a real chance

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news, especially amid Premier League interest in him according to the Official Wolves Twitter.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
oss StÃ¥le Solbakken is delighted to see Henry extend his stay at Molineux, particularly in the wake of interest from elsewhere.“There was interest from a couple of Premier League clubs in Karl so we are pleased that he is staying with us,” said the manager.
“He wanted to stay, we wanted him to stay, and it is good that the club have added another two years to his contract.
“The four year deal also means that he will be eligible for a testimonial if he stays all the way through.
“I think it gives Karl stability but also gives the club stability and shows that to the players who are here and others we may sign.
“Karl is a good player and also an important player because he knows the culture of the club and the league we are in.”

Interesting comments - I wonder which teams were after him.

It's also food for thought that he'll now be on higher wages than Jarvis/Fletcher.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sad that Im not going to be visiting the UK until late September

I'm interested to hear the opinions of the people around the in the Billy Quiet , who the game after Mick was sacked proclaimed

"Thank God Thick Mick is gone, finally we can get a manager who will sell Henry, Ward and Edwards and play the quality players like Milijas, Hammill and Gued!"

Another thing Im happy I wont have to hear is everyone around me screaming "Geddit Forward" every time a defender gets the ball.

I really don't think alot of Wolves fan (ie Express and Star comments section dwellers) have the patients for Stales style.

We are all praying for Brendan Rodgers at Swansea, what I think we will get is Brendan Rodgers at Reading

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Great decision to extend his contract.....we need him, he will be great in this league and useful when we go up.

B

Bankswolf II

Mcleish wanted him for villa but insead got sacked

Great news here's to him being a long term servant for us

B

Bostin

Will always be underrated, but we really missed him when he was out of the team last year.

Nice to see a bit of loyalty, and not see a player lured by the Premier League's big bucks. He want's to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers, and that's alright with me.

D

dazmanwolf

Good news. He is a true Wolf and despite his inconsistent form has and always will be a good sqyad member IMO

W

WV1Wolf

He comes from Ashwood Park
He'll rob you in the Dark
Karl Henry whoooaaaa Karl Henry whooooaaaaa

Great news and great to see a player willing to commit to the club.

L

liquidatorwolf

Karl has all my respect. Everything you could ask for in a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the players I would have shipped out if we'd stayed up to be honest. In the Championship he'll be steady enough. Not that bothered!

C

crasm98

Brilliant news. One player who has shown loyalty and not been swayed by premier league teams. Thanks karl. Superb bonus for the club

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he's happy to commit - he ain't gonna get offered any better. Not good enough for the Prem - I don't buy this Premier League interest nonsense. I would put money on that being spin out of Molineux to appease the fans after losing some other player(s) to the Prem. It appears to be working.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Karl Henry ‏@karlhenry08
#wolvesaywe #comeonmebabbies #headstillhere Haha!!"

:D

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news to start the day with. Make him captain and hope the knuckledraggers get off his back.

F

FLEET WOLF

Good lad.

Very very underrated player - especially for the Championship. Evidently Solbakken likes him too.

#headson

Correct, he will be very good in the Championship as he was when we were last in it and he is a better player now than then. A very important player for us and this is some good news to help galvanise things at the Club in my view.

W

WV1Wolf

Of course he's happy to commit - he ain't gonna get offered any better. Not good enough for the Prem - I don't buy this Premier League interest nonsense. I would put money on that being spin out of Molineux to appease the fans after losing some other player(s) to the Prem. It appears to be working.

Who gives a **** if there was anybody interested or not, atleast it shows that there are players at the club who are still commited and don't want to jump ship like Kites, De Vries & Berra. I havn't included Fletch or Jarvis as they were odds onto go anyway.

Karl Henry as a defensive midfielder did not look out of place in the Premier League and we missed him when he wait out injured or through suspension.

Back
Top Bottom