Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - First Round Draw

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a sad kind of way I'm looking forward to these games. Bring on more games!

It's a sorry old situation that we have actually sunk to the level where we find ourselves taking part in the JPT, but now we're here we might as well make the most of it. The chances of our reaching a Wembley final in either of the two major cup competitions in the foreseeable future is fairly remote so we should give this one our best shot. Like you, I feel quite enthused about it and I reckon that we will start to attract a sizeable following if we progress past the first couple of rounds. I still count the SVT final v. Burnley among my favourite games and a Wembley final against another club with a large following, eg. Portsmouth, would be a real occasion.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Know what you mean. For me it's the thought that Wolves have a chance of winning a game and playing decent football.

The last few seasons have been pretty dire to watch and some games seem more of a chore.

I went to Morecambe with this very thought in my mind.

F

FLEET WOLF

I have a different view of it. This is a trophy which we stand a genuine chance of winning. The galvanizing impact of a long cup run and potentially a trophy in terms of the relationship between club and fanbase, not to mention the presumably not insignificant revenue in the latter stages, makes it hard to simply dismiss.

I take your point and don't disagree really, but, as ever, the only worry with all this is the threat of injuries and players getting knackered.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point and don't disagree really, but, as ever, the only worry with all this is the threat of injuries and players getting knackered.

That's always a concern but on balance I would be prepared to take the risk. Going back to 87/88 we played 61 League/FA Cup/League Cup/SVT games and managed to top the division and win at Wembley. The following season we played 56 games, won Div 3 and progressed as far as the SVT semi-final. You need your share of good fortune with injuries of course, especially regarding key players, but a league/cup double can be done. These days there's always the loan system to get you out of jail if needs be.

E

Edgmond Wolf

That's exactly where I am coming from too

Concentrate on getting out of this league is priority for me

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at the SVT final and it signified a resurgence in our fortunes but I really cant be bothered about the JPT at all. I honestly dont know if I would even bother to go if we got to a JPT wembley final and considering that I was at the 1970 Texaco Cup final, 1972 UEFA cup final, 1974 and 1980 League cup finals, 1988 SVT and the Millenium stadium in 2003 then deliberately spurning a final would be quite a big thing for me.

I'm still seething about being in League 1 this time around as there is absolutely no reason why this should have been allowed to happen. Its fair to say that I'm more annoyed with Moxey and Morgan than I ever was with the Bhattis. There was a reason why we descended to the lower leagues last time around and this time its just incompetence and arrogance that has led to our downfall.

W

we8wba

Another chance put these minnows back in their place

Least Walsall got there cup final early... I look forward to seeing 5k of them

J

johnybig32

Have to admit...our emblem looks bloody stunning.

#bestfootballbadgeever

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
3 cup finals for them in one season. Does it stay NE region until semis? Can we book winner of Burton v Notts Co for the next round

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An involuntary "What are Wolves doing in it!" from the presenter. How true....................

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect chance to full the ground. Adults £5 and kids free. Chance to get one over these scumbags who I hate even more after finding out they sang songs about the late lee rigby in a friendly game.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this is a cup game we take serious !!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect chance to full the ground. Adults £5 and kids free. Chance to get one over these scumbags who I hate even more after finding out they sang songs about the late lee rigby in a friendly game.

Er why! What a bunch of $$$$$s.

A

andyc225

We're in it. Let's win it. Who fancies a day out at Wembley? I certainly do.

A

andyc225

Will Walsall be wearing a special kit or releasing a song for this?

B

Bostin

So we've got them on the 2nd in the cup, then the 7th in the league?!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
So we've got them on the 2nd in the cup, then the 7th in the league?!

No because it's week beginning 2nd (so probably 3rd) and the league game will be postponed due to Internationals (possibly till the 17th?)

Last edited by a moderator:

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least the draw was professionally conducted.

I haven't watched Saturday morning kid's TV since the days of Going Live and No.73.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Showshine

Oh bless, little walsall must be creaming their pants drawing us.

#Minnowscupfinal

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. We have to play some regular players. Like I said, if we're in it we may as well have a go at winning it.
I hope we do try to win it. Who can ever forget the Sherpa Van final?
We won't win too many cups in the next 5 years!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sherpa van final was a great day, it would be nice to get there again, but not at the cost of promotion.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I hope we do try to win it. Who can ever forget the Sherpa Van final?
We won't win too many cups in the next 5 years!

The sherpa van final was a great day, it would be nice to get there again, but not at the cost of promotion.

Yeah. We have to play some regular players. Like I said, if we're in it we may as well have a go at winning it.

And why not.....would Manyoo give up on the chance to do the double? #wearewolves!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad's mate was a Burnley fan and the only thing he kept going on about was that for that final Burnley got.....a Sherpa Van!

S

Space Wolf

My Dad's mate was a Burnley fan and the only thing he kept going on about was that for that final Burnley got.....a Sherpa Van!

My dad took my sister but I was too young sadly. Still got the programme though, with pictures of said Sherpa Van inside.:D

Back
Top Bottom