Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - First Round Draw

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The excitement of this famous old competition gets underway tomorrow morning with the First Round draw live on Soccer AM.

16 clubs have byes into the second round but we are one of the 32 who take part in the First round.

For the First Round the clubs are split into four groups of eight on a regional basis: NW, NE, SW and SE.

We are in the NE section together with Bradford, Burton, Hartlepool, Notts Co, S****horpe, Sheff Utd and Walsall.

The First Round ties are to be played during the week commencing Monday 2nd September. Anyone fancy a trip to Hartlepool?

Don't forget to keep Sunday, 30th March free for a day out at Wembley. Could be Wolves v. Walsall, you never know!

V

vega recollection

could it be wolves-walsall if we're in the same group?i don't know how this venerable competition works!

W

wolvesultra

could it be wolves-walsall if we're in the same group?i don't know how this venerable competition works!

no it couldnt, we are in the Northern Section subdivided to North East section for the early rounds wich means we can only face someone from the Southern section in the final

F

FLEET WOLF

Does winning this get us into European Champions Paint Trophy League?

J

Jamesjh89

Interesting, would getting tickets to this game give me 10 points meaning id be up to 1020 for the shrewsbury tickets?

J

Jamesjh89

Oh and the 30th march is my birthday, what a fream that would be

E

Edgmond Wolf

Truly not fussed with this

Only interested in focusing on winning this league and starting the journey home to the Premier League

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If it's cold in the winter do we have to put two coats on at the match?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the players need to brush up on their cup form after the Morecambe debacle if they want a run in the JPT.

W

ws1wolf

Was gonna put a bet on us winning this and the league.
But after losing to morcombe in the cup I don't think we will fair any better in this.

Players injured ( not being played for more important league games ?)
Trying the kids in competetive games (understandable)

Resulted in us being kicked out the cup.
No great shakes the leagues our priority.

I think the same will happen in this competiton too

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we get a bye because at least we'll go further than 1 round

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly not fussed with this

Only interested in focusing on winning this league and starting the journey home to the Premier League

I have a different view of it. This is a trophy which we stand a genuine chance of winning. The galvanizing impact of a long cup run and potentially a trophy in terms of the relationship between club and fanbase, not to mention the presumably not insignificant revenue in the latter stages, makes it hard to simply dismiss.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I have a different view of it. This is a trophy which we stand a genuine chance of winning. The galvanizing impact of a long cup run and potentially a trophy in terms of the relationship between club and fanbase, not to mention the presumably not insignificant revenue in the latter stages, makes it hard to simply dismiss.

I appreciate your view mate but winning our league is key

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone who went to Wembley for the Burnley final wouldn't want a repeat. Can we have Walsall, Burton or Notts Co please, then I promise to go. Can see the idea of a regional draw to increase interest but not when we might get Hartlepool!

W

we8wba

hope we get sheffield utd first round

either knock out 2nd favs or be knocked out ourselves asap

A

andyc225

Imagine Pools away on a lovely cold Tuesday night. Why couldn't we be in the South West section against teams that are easier to get to?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall or Burton please, anyone else is a bit far to get to on a week night so it would need to be a home game

J

Jungleee

Hartlepool away just for the night out in Middlesbrough which could be funny

W

wolvesultra

I thought some parts of last season (Luton away, Burnley home, Brighton away) were some of the lowest points of my Wolves following days

BUT watching those idiots on Soccer Am draw us out in their Bruce Forsyth rip off way has to take it.

A

andyc225

Hopefully someone will fill us in on the draw in the morning. I don't read The Sun so I won't be watching.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it on Soccer AM then? Thing is it's on freeview all day tomorrow. Man U game and Sheff weds game?

Channel 11 Pick tv.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a sad kind of way I'm looking forward to these games. Bring on more games!

W

wolvesultra

Can somebody answer this please?

might be worth checking usually it would but I'm sure I read somewhere that no decision had been made re: loyalty points for JPT. Realistically If we get a home game I'd like to see it £5-£10 (for adults) all over the ground. If that was the case they might not allocate as many loyalty points (perhaps 5 instead of 10??)

E

Essex Wolf

In a sad kind of way I'm looking forward to these games. Bring on more games!

Know what you mean. For me it's the thought that Wolves have a chance of winning a game and playing decent football.

The last few seasons have been pretty dire to watch and some games seem more of a chore.

Back
Top Bottom