Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Moutinho Surely Deserves a New 1 or 2 year Contract

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That looks to be Moutinho's section next to Jonny if you take in the details. Pic and squad number.

Anything to take from that, aside from the fact in my old age I am very sad?

Yes, as you have gathered, I desperately want him to stay.
Some of us were hoping for different pics from you, Walsall.

Oh, well.....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if that Royce is no longer going to be as reliable as it used to be and you don't have too many cars to choose from?

I absolutely love seeing Moutinho in a Wolves shirt. Class player all around. But he's showing signs of decline due to his age and we simply can't expect him to keep playing week in and out..
He had a better season last year than the one before, that’s not decline

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Trincao, Saiss, Marcal and Hoever out - and none in.
Thats called restructuring the first team !!
I forecast:
MGW replaces Trincao
Toti replaces Saiss
Bueno and Lembikisa replace Marcal and Hoever
and Traore returns to run down his contract.

The wage bill is reduced to less than 70% of turnover max required under the new FFP rules, we finish about 12th and the Mix is in extended meltdown.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a better season last year than the one before, that’s not decline

Yes, lets keep playing him week in and week out then, because he's then the only footballer who's not physically declining with age.
He played well last year because he's an excellent footballer. But he has become a bit slower and covers less ground, and we did suffer due to that.
That regression will will only continue as he hits 36 in September. To expect even the fittest footballer to be part of a midfield engine room week in and week out in the PL, is simply unreasonable.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, lets keep playing him week in and week out then, because he's then the only footballer who's not physically declining with age.
He played well last year because he's an excellent footballer. But he has become a bit slower and covers less ground, and we did suffer due to that.
That regression will will only continue as he hits 36 in September. To expect even the fittest footballer to be part of a midfield engine room week in and week out in the PL, is simply unreasonable.
Merely pointing out he had a better season so unsure how that’s decline.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I forecast:
MGW replaces Trincao
Toti replaces Saiss

The wage bill is reduced to less than 70% of turnover max required under the new FFP rules, we finish about 12th and the Mix is in extended meltdown.

Why would Fosun wish to implement a rule, which will handicap its competitiveness and hence risk potential prize money and brand value, years ahead of its full implementation?

Nivada

Reaction score
Joao counting down the seconds like it's New Year.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted if we do not resign him and I am going to be well and truly ****ed off with the amateurs on the committee. If this squad doesn't look any better by the close of the window my little remaining faith in them will be pretty much diminished.
After the last few windows of disappointment, to be kind, I think even for most optimist, its a pretty reasonable point of view.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a terrific player he's been for us. I wish him well in the future. Maybe he will be back soon.

Until further notice, our central midfield is now down to Neves, Dendoncker, Cundle, Gibbs-White, and Jordao, depending on the formation we play.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I forecast:
MGW replaces Trincao
Toti replaces Saiss

Apart from the Traore bit isn’t that all a good thing? That we are replacing squad players with ones we’ve developed ourselves? That’s what hopefully makes us sustainable and frees up funds for bigger signings in key areas.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I forecast:
MGW replaces Trincao
Toti replaces Saiss
Don't jest! I think that's exactly what the plan is as Fosun will be expecting to see a return on their investment in youth and the academy.

One big signing to supplement the squad maybe if that player can be signed on Fosun's terms and not silly money.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the Traore bit isn’t that all a good thing? That we are replacing squad players with ones we’ve developed ourselves? That’s what hopefully makes us sustainable and frees up funds for bigger signings in key areas.

Re replacing squad players with ones we’ve developed ourselves is indeed a good thing, however they aren’t ready yet or onward development would suffer by being on the bench

Lembikisa is fine to carry on in the u23s/u21s as it is now, however Bueno needs a loan and won’t be served well by sitting on the bench even factoring in the fact that the u21s will be playing at a slightly higher level this season, he looked like he’d outgrown it by the end of last season.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't jest! I think that's exactly what the plan is as Fosun will be expecting to see a return on their investment in youth and the academy.

One big signing to supplement the squad maybe if that player can be signed on Fosun's terms and not silly money.

So Cundle or Dendoncker to partner Neves in midfield...if he stays.
Dear me, we're in for a long season.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At £100k a week I don't think I would've given him a 2 year contract. He's been amazing for us, the composure on the ball is a pleasure to watch, seems a great bloke, that goal at Old Trafford..... But he won't be able to compete a year from now in the premier League.
Without his wages I hope we can bring in a high value younger more mobile midfielder. Hope.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really disappointing we have had no official news on Moutinho today as he is now officially out of contract and a free agent
I would have loved him to have another season or even two with us

If he has signed they’ll probably announce it on Monday as I imagine that’s when he’s due back like the other internationals.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No, it isn't a good thing to fill the squad with unproven players.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few rumours Nuno wants him at his new club in Saudi Arabia.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few rumours Nuno wants him at his new club in Saudi Arabia.

As long as they give us £250m for Bonatini, Ronan, Cutrone and Sanderson, they’re welcome to him.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't mention the fact he is a free agent and another Prem team hasn't snapped him up yet....
Because he’s already agreed with us? Or agreed to go with Nuno? Or agreed with another club yet to be announced?

What an asinine comment.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Nope was on twitter earlier today. Most likely bull **** but who knows as Moutinho is currently not our player now.
Not really relevant though is it? He could have signed a pre-contract with anyone before today. Still think he wants to stay, just getting the best deal he can, and probably more importantly to him longer term stability. At least that's what I want to believe.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Because he’s already agreed with us? Or agreed to go with Nuno? Or agreed with another club yet to be announced?

What an asinine comment.
Or that no one else thinks a soon to be 36 year old should be a starter in the Prem for the money he wants. Are you his lawyer?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or that no one else thinks a soon to be 36 year old should be a starter in the Prem for the money he wants. Are you his lawyer?
Or just like the rest of us you have absolutely zero clue what he has or hasn’t been offered by anyone, but you want to push your agenda anyway. Your obsession with his salary is bordering on the bizarre.

Did your wife run off with a highly paid, short Portuguese man or something?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the anxiety for him to sign tbh.
The tempo we play at is too slow, and the reality is this guy is the conductor of the orchestra. If we had beaten Norwich, not been battered by Brighton, created some decent chances against Newcastle, dominated against Burnley i would get it.
But that is a lot of games to be a bit **** in when your contract is up for renewal.
It's not like we've missed him when he hasn't played either.

Back
Top Bottom