Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Moutinho Surely Deserves a New 1 or 2 year Contract

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is true and neves stays it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt buy anyone this window
Sell Dendoncker and replace him with the mobile ball winner?

As great as it is to potentially have Neves and Moutinho staying. Surely the club can't make the same mistake again with no different option.

Surely.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is true and neves stays it wouldnt surprise me if we didnt buy anyone this window
This. With both in the team last year we were poor. If they stay thats great, but we also need fresh faces, fresh dynamics in there to improve us.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
All these Moutinho leaks/sources… has this not come from Twitter whereby someone has contacted his brother who has essentially confirmed it on Instagram?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If traore and MGW stay as well, there is no money to spend. They will both be impact players next season, Lage will be the coach....happy days.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi, I am perfectly cool, the lad you agreed with whose post I commented on swore multiple times, and his sign off…. Wow….. not exactly an oasis of calm lol

maybe ask him if he is ok and suggest he needs to chill

It is amateur for a PROFESSIONAL and premier league club to do public statements and social media to the shock of the player and our manager who said he wanted to keep him around. It isn’t even close to a good moment for them.

Showed a real lack of class to a guy who was an integral part of the championship season and was a model pro in the changing room and in the community with the schools and kids.

To call it “ruthless” is really excusing the club for another poor piece of communications and handling of our playing staff as he was a big player in the changing room and that won’t have gone down well with the lads, I can guarantee it.

People on here moan about putting players down or criticising them when they are playing badly, but it is ok for the club to treat a player badly in public in the way they handled his exit. Hilarious double standards

I was replying to you, not another post(er) that I haven't seen - and I'm not the swearing police, but if that kind of thing makes you upset, there are usually browser add-ons you can get to remove the bad words.

You seem to be thinking in binary - Manager wanted him to stay etc.

Most things aren't completely black or white, it's perfectly possible that Bruno would like to keep Ruddy, but not at the level of contract Ruddy wanted, and Bruno would rather the money be allocated elsewhere.

Try to think in a slightly more sophisticated way, rather than Fosun = baddy, Ruddy = goody, Bruno = baddy, Jeff = baddy, Moutinho = goody.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Many on here who are ITK or well connected know he has being telling people he wants to stay but the club aren’t even trying to negotiate close to what he wants.

How the club treated the other free agents in sais and ruddy and leaving it so late shows you they can’t do the basics of the jobs or even do things with an ounce of class
The club should do the best deal for us.

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, not Joao Moutinho FC.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club should do the best deal for us.

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, not Joao Moutinho FC.
So hold on…..

At a time when many on here act like we should break the bank and significantly overpay for a guy in adama to stay based on his ludicrous expectations to be the highest paid player, when he isn’t close to being the best player. whose production of goals and assists is crap and doesn’t want to be here that is fine….

BUT

But when it is to be a contract offered to a club legend who was a top performer last season it is Joao moutinho FC to want the player to get a good deal. Mate come on, without him our midfield is significantly weakened and the thought of losing him and keeping Dendoncker to partner neves is nightmare fuel.

It is said that he has asked for less money, the people on here who have sources have said he wants two years on a lesser salary.

stop being an apologist for fosun this contract for moutinho is a no brainer renewal based on what has been coming out.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I would have no issue giving him a contract for two years if we hadn't lost 9 of the last 14 or so games we've played, with some poor performances in the middle of the park.
Any other good club after him? Would have thought loads of clubs would be sniffing around on a free

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we don't add to the squad this year having lost Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and Trincao then that is a total ****show and proof that Fosun have downed tools on the club.

We're free from any FFP shackles, this shouldn't be a problem for a massive conglomerate to sort a CB, CM, and Striker, which is all that is needed if there are no more sales.

Would be absolutely fuming if we do no business and I suspect a significant chunk of the fanbase would let Jeff know about it as well.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't add to the squad this year having lost Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and Trincao then that is a total ****show and proof that Fosun have downed tools on the club.

We're free from any FFP shackles, this shouldn't be a problem for a massive conglomerate to sort a CB, CM, and Striker, which is all that is needed if there are no more sales.

Would be absolutely fuming if we do no business and I suspect a significant chunk of the fanbase would let Jeff know about it as well.

You could make an argument that they actually did something right in pre planning for some of those departures by securing Sarkic (player of the year on loan at Birmingham last season) and Toti a few years ago, loaned them out to get experience and now come in to bolster our first team squad. There's also a kid called Hugo Bueno that looked really good in the U23s to replace Marcal, who most people didn't want anyway and was just holding a subs place.

I still hope and expect us to sign at least 3 players to improve the spine of the team, i'm just saying we don't necessarily have to replace those players you've listed as some of that was done already

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So hold on…..

At a time when many on here act like we should break the bank and significantly overpay for a guy in adama to stay based on his ludicrous expectations to be the highest paid player, when he isn’t close to being the best player. whose production of goals and assists is crap and doesn’t want to be here that is fine….

BUT

But when it is to be a contract offered to a club legend who was a top performer last season it is Joao moutinho FC to want the player to get a good deal. Mate come on, without him our midfield is significantly weakened and the thought of losing him and keeping Dendoncker to partner neves is nightmare fuel.

It is said that he has asked for less money, the people on here who have sources have said he wants two years on a lesser salary.

stop being an apologist for fosun this contract for moutinho is a no brainer renewal based on what has been coming out.
Our midfield were crap last year, and Joao wasn't remotely a top performer. The fact people have to pretend he was playing against Pogba in the best game he has tells you everything.

I'm not a Fosun apologist, I've also never said we should give Adama a new deal.

Try to debate my points not make them up in your head.

Reaction score
Give him the contract and if we are going down the young and promising route get his replacement signed as well, then give him a season to bed into the squad then start to increase his playing time and reduce Moutinho's minutes.

If the club are going down the self sufficient route at least come up with a plan that makes that workable rather than leave us on this sort of cliff edge players wise.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sounds like you're already absolutely fuming, having decided we're going to do no business!

I can only think of Spurs in Poch's last year where a team didn't sign anyone, and yet some people seem to have decided that's happening already, despite all common sense, all understanding of how Wolves generally work, and the international transfer window not even opening properly until tomorrow.

I'd be absolutely fuming if Jeff Shi walked into my house and pushed my cup of tea off my desk like a cat, but I don't normally feel the need to state that.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our midfield were crap last year, and Joao wasn't remotely a top performer. The fact people have to pretend he was playing against Pogba in the best game he has tells you everything.

I'm not a Fosun apologist, I've also never said we should give Adama a new deal.

Try to debate my points not make them up in your head.
Our midfield wasn’t crap last season, Ruben and Joao had good seasons Ruben had games where he controlled the midfield and his passing was back to its mesmeric best. Dendonker was the weak link in that midfield and had a poor season for sure.

Also did I say you said adama should get the contract he wants? NOPE I said PEOPLE

My point was you said it is Wolverhampton FC not Joao Moutinho FC, and I then related it to those posters who said the breaking bank for Adama.

I will say sorry if my post came accross as a personal dig at you for the points of others, wasn’t meant to be aimed that way mate. Not good at quoting parts of a post….. so I took all of it. My reply to the last part for yours was that moutinho has by all reports has asked for less money to get that two year deal and wants to stay, it is then said by people close to him and by himself to his hairdresser i believe that the club hadn’t even attempted to actually negotiate that is why I said what I said.

If he had asked for the same money I would be in the same boat as you that that is un reasonable on his part.

The fosun apologist part is that you ran to defend the club that has shown on many occasions when it comes to contracts and negotiations for the playing side of the club have been shown on many occasions to be lacking the skills needed to deliver results.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wants 2 years on the same terms as now by all accounts (ie £100K or so a week and being our highest earner), club seemingly staying firm on a 1 year extension. Would be surprised if they've caved.

Really not sure why we aren't making a move for Palhinha in this context, considering the low figure quoted for him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wants 2 years on the same terms as now by all accounts (ie £100K or so a week and being our highest earner), club seemingly staying firm on a 1 year extension. Would be surprised if they've caved.

Really not sure why we aren't making a move for Palhinha in this context, considering the low figure quoted for him.

Agreed

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Our midfield wasn’t crap last season, Ruben and Joao had good seasons Ruben had games where he controlled the midfield and his passing was back to its mesmeric best. Dendonker was the weak link in that midfield and had a poor season for sure.

Also did I say you said adama should get the contract he wants? NOPE I said PEOPLE

My point was you said it is Wolverhampton FC not Joao Moutinho FC, and I then related it to those posters who said the breaking bank for Adama.

I will say sorry if my post came accross as a personal dig at you for the points of others, wasn’t meant to be aimed that way mate. Not good at quoting parts of a post….. so I took all of it. My reply to the last part for yours was that moutinho has by all reports has asked for less money to get that two year deal and wants to stay, it is then said by people close to him and by himself to his hairdresser i believe that the club hadn’t even attempted to actually negotiate that is why I said what I said.

If he had asked for the same money I would be in the same boat as you that that is un reasonable on his part.

The fosun apologist part is that you ran to defend the club that has shown on many occasions when it comes to contracts and negotiations for the playing side of the club have been shown on many occasions to be lacking the skills needed to deliver results.
Don't need to apologise mate I didn't take it as a personal attack and frankly I never really care if people do. Just a forum discussing football, not something going to offend me.

Donk clearly the weakest link and Neves I'd say had a good season but think there was little creativity from the middle of the park and plenty of games they got bossed.

I'm not against signing Joao if we still recruit a midfielder to start ahead of him and he is depth but the club will resign him to start him, which I am against.

The club have been largely dreadful at recruitment for a few years, playing hardball here I agree with them on

Reactions: Ian

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely he won’t be offered the same terms he’s currently on at Porto either?

I doubt they’d be paying him £100k per week so if that’s what we’re offering for 1 year but he wants two perhaps offer £60k/£70k per week for 2 seasons instead? I can’t see as Porto will offer that much so it’s still financially beneficial for him, costs us a little more overall but gives us 2 more seasons for his replacement to be brought in and bedded in fully.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly he is a fantastic footballer, one of the best we’ve had.
However given he plays the more advanced role of our usual midfield 2, his numbers for goals and assists aren’t really very good, it is a dynamic of the team we could do with improving.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could make an argument that they actually did something right in pre planning for some of those departures by securing Sarkic (player of the year on loan at Birmingham last season) and Toti a few years ago, loaned them out to get experience and now come in to bolster our first team squad. There's also a kid called Hugo Bueno that looked really good in the U23s to replace Marcal, who most people didn't want anyway and was just holding a subs place.

I still hope and expect us to sign at least 3 players to improve the spine of the team, i'm just saying we don't necessarily have to replace those players you've listed as some of that was done already

I don't disagree with anything you say. However, it does kind of bear the increasingly familiar three stages of Wolves fan denial when it comes to us making signings.

Stage 1: June - "The transfer window isn't open yet - stop worrying"
Stage 2: July - " July 1st is the key date - players come back off holiday - only 50% of the other teams have signed players up to now".
Stage 3: Aug - "We haven't lost any one of note, good kids coming through - its the right approach to take - we will be fine"

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I don't disagree with anything you say. However, it does kind of bear the increasingly familiar three stages of Wolves fan denial when it comes to us making signings.

Stage 2: July - " July 1st is the key date - players come back off holiday - only 50% of the other teams have signed players up to now".
Stage 3: Aug - "We haven't lost any one of note, good kids coming through - its the right approach to take - we will be fine"
You forgot its always difficult in a world cup year transfer window.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d be very disappointed if moutinho goes and is replaced by Palinha. That’s like getting rid of a vintage rolls Royce and replacing it with a cart horse.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be very disappointed if moutinho goes and is replaced by Palinha. That’s like getting rid of a vintage rolls Royce and replacing it with a cart horse.
But if that Royce is no longer going to be as reliable as it used to be and you don't have too many cars to choose from?

I absolutely love seeing Moutinho in a Wolves shirt. Class player all around. But he's showing signs of decline due to his age and we simply can't expect him to keep playing week in and out..

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a fan of Palhinha, he would be an upgrade on Dendoncker imo but not Moutinho, so yes, I am in that same camp.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because Palhinha is not seen as a replacement for Moutinho, he’s seen as a replacement for Neves. Nunes perhaps, which is maybe why the club is happy to stick to its guns on only 1 year.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
P

As much as the above is true...ultimately we have been fine. Not world beaters, but whatever fine is, we've been it.
I'd like a little more than fine personally.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That looks to be Moutinho's section next to Jonny if you take in the details. Pic and squad number.

Anything to take from that, aside from the fact in my old age I am very sad?

Yes, as you have gathered, I desperately want him to stay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630_171729_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630_171729_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom