Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimenez transfer speculation

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Is anyone else worried that Raul's head may have been turned a bit ?
Over the last few games when the speculation ramped up his performances have dipped has been non existant in our last 3 games
Maybe he isn't as committed as he once was

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don't understand....wouldn't you think he'd be trying even harder if he knew other teams were looking at him?

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
I dont think he isnt as committed as he once was or anything like that but i do wish he would entertain the talk a little less
But would you even both to talk about speculation if you wernt thinking of it most would say it's nice but I'm happy at Wolves but he doesn't seem to be saying that

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
i don't understand....wouldn't you think he'd be trying even harder if he knew other teams were looking at him?
Not if he's lost interest and just going through the motions until the transfer window opens know he's got something lined up

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he worked hard tonight, just lacked his usual quality.

If something is affecting him maybe it's the idea of becoming a dad in the coming weeks than the pressure of a potential move? If anything is life-changing that must be it. He'll come good.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Certainly wouldn’t doubt his commitment. Chased everything, did brilliant work defensively on set-pieces and was still sprinting back chasing and winning possession in our right-back area right on 90-minutes.

Like a lot of others though, some of his decisions and execution in possession were questionable.

He’s had a few poor performances that have been masked by important goals (Norwich and Spurs immediately spring to mind) but I’d never question his work-rate or desire.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This place! If anything tonight I was hoping he'd try less hard and stay a bit more central rather than pulling wide as if he was in a 2.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm betting Nuno told him to move to the right and also fall back on defense. If Nuno didn't want him there, he wouldn't be there.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This place! If anything tonight I was hoping he'd try less hard and stay a bit more central rather than pulling wide as if he was in a 2.
I agree completely. He did it on Saturday and had the ball out wide on the left, came inside onto his right and crossed to ball into the box when there was no one there at all.

He needs to stay central when in a 3 as Jota and Traore aren't going to be winning any headers even if they take the yellow pages with them.

In the 2 it's not so bad as Doc and Dendonker get into the box more

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought he ran his nuts off tonight
Really?? I disagree winning a header from a corner and then putting in a cross from the right wing to no one in the box Is not what he is there for he was holding up the ball and playing people in on goal before I haven't seen that last 3 games bar that one pass to set jota away earlier

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's maybe working too hard for the team and should be a bit more selfish regarding his work but cant say he's not trying hard

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he worked hard tonight, just lacked his usual quality.

If something is affecting him maybe it's the idea of becoming a dad in the coming weeks than the pressure of a potential move? If anything is life-changing that must be it. He'll come good.
He did work hard and had lack of support Jota has alot to answer for IMO

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he isnt as committed as he once was or anything like that but i do wish he would entertain the talk a little less
Thought he had a great game. Good work rate and some intelligent play anyone other comes off it is a different score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasnt looked anywhere near the same player in recent games. Even when he scored his all round play isnt like it was. Doc, Moutinho, Traore, Jota all way off the pace as well. Worrying. We look really poor in the last couple of games.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
difficult to play well when you're getting no service, having to come deep or wide too much so not getting much in the way of chances and again maybe getting a little jaded after a long season

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speculation is usually a waste of time. May as well speculate that he wants to become a plummer or open a shoe polish store in Mongolia.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought, in the context of the game, he played well. Some great touches and very active.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one player tonight that put a shift in of any acceptable standard. Must be hard for one of the best finishers in the league having to feed off the crumbs off scraps. Had no service, what’s he supposed to do?

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i said it late in the first half in the game thread that raul was getting zero service. he wasn't even feeding off scraps because there were none.

you know something is wrong when he's defending and doing it very well.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Typical thread .... the lad worked his socks off tonight .. back helping defence also!
Close this...
No!!! asked a question that's all.. I don't think he's done that much last few games people have commented that he worked hard fair enough so did dave Edwards he got a fair amount of stick. it's OK to work hard along as your contributing to his job in the team which lately I don't think he has
If you ain't happy don't comment but don't tell me to close a thread because you don't agree

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No!!! asked a question that's all.. I don't think he's done that much last few games people have commented that he worked hard fair enough so did dave Edwards he got a fair amount of stick. it's OK to work hard along as your contributing to his job in the team which lately I don't think he has
If you ain't happy don't comment but don't tell me to close a thread because you don't agree

The thread is just reactive and provocative!! The lad worked hard tonight and if you knew anything about his true character since he joined us, you would know he’s an honest lad who always gives his all!!

That’d his nature. The Portuguese lads are the same!

D

Deleted member 5635

The thread is just reactive and provocative!! The lad worked hard tonight and if you knew anything about his true character since he joined us, you would know he’s an honest lad who always gives his all!!

That’d his nature. The Portuguese lads are the same!
So you know them all personally then?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see absolutely no problem regarding Raul.
Jota on the other hand...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is Rauls partnership with Diogo is not working and Adamas form has been a bit iffy against Arsenal and last night.

He is getting no service from our midfield and is having to run his nuts off to get the ball. I can’t criticise him at all for doing that. Trouble is who else have we got who can do what Raul does and score our goals?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is Rauls partnership with Diogo is not working and Adamas form has been a bit iffy against Arsenal and last night.

He is getting no service from our midfield and is having to run his nuts off to get the ball. I can’t criticise him at all for doing that. Trouble is who else have we got who can do what Raul does and score our goals?
Campana?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldnt lay any blame at Raul's feet. Last night he was the one heading away corners and making slide tackles around our own box. I thought he worked as hard as ever last night and it was poor service from midfield the problem. Raul and jota had to come so deep to get the ball that Sheff U still had 5 defenders between them and the goal. If he is off in the summer to a Juventus or Madrid then who can blame. Been a great servant to the club and on the back of his goals we have got to this position. I hope he stays as he will be extremely difficult to replace but if he does we have to hope Jeff gets the best possible fee and as they have shown before they have already planned for departures with new faces to come in.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Jiminez was defending at left back and right back last night as well as leading the line - please dont question his commitment he runs his backside off for the team - all the speculation has not affected him one bit .

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just rewatched some of the "highlights" of the match. On the play which led to neves' shot off the bar from a free kick, the play started at our goal, then the ball went to jota, who lofted it in the air and out of nowhere, Raul appears on our side of the field and makes a wonderful backheel pass pack to Jota, then Raul turns around and runs as fast as he can to catch up to the play.

if you think his heart and/or head isn't in it, check your own head.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Before lockdown there was all this talk about how, because of internationals, he had not had any break from football for longer than anyone else, so I was anticipating a fresh and invigorated Raul after the break. I think he is putting his all into it but for whatever reason haven't seen the same quality in decision making, passing, gliding past defenders and holding up the ball up as have seen consistently in the past. That said the past was a very high standard.

Back
Top Bottom