Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimenez transfer speculation

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this in the main. One of the big reasons some of our fans keep talking about Jiménez and Traoré being sold to a big club is because the MSM keep pushing that story, which fits the lazy conventional narrative that all 'upstarts' have their best players picked off by the Big 6 to nobble the upstart club and because the players crave top salaries.

The narrative goes wrong with Wolves though for several reasons:
  • TV revenues are so huge now in the EPL that upstart clubs are not under the same financial pressure to sell their assets in the way they were fifteen, ten or even five years ago;
  • Wolves's 'Project' is not a fluke; we are where we are due to meticulous planning and focused implementation of the plan. The plan is to become as big if not bigger than the Big 6 and it does not involve selling off our crown jewels to those who we see as rivals;
  • The Project has purposely set out to create and nurture a fantastic 'one for all and all for one' team ethic which our recruits buy into and value. It is hard for other clubs to rival this ethic and it is hard for players to leave it behind;
  • We do not sign money-motivated players, but players who want to enjoy their football in a positive, healthy playing and training environment where pressure is at a minimum whilst nonetheless excelling and reaching their potential as players;
  • We have a superb motivational coach whom our players revere.
I disagree with you though that the Big 6 and their fans have understood yet why Wolves is a different animal to other upstarts and why we won't be destroyed by our new rivals picking off our best players. That penny still hasn't dropped with them by and large, just as it still hasn't dropped with some of our own fans!

Nice sentiments but Nuno talked openly last Sunday about some players joining bigger or big six clubs, and that we should take it as a compliment. He patently wasn't just talking about Doherty but, like most of our fans, understanding that if someone bids £90m for Jimenez that we have to be sensible. Not going to happen now the season has started but it's a reality that will most likely happen. Liverpool did it with Coutinho, Chelsea with Hazard, it's part of the game. If we don't finish it top four are we really going to stand in the way of Neves, for example, if Man City or even Madrid offer £100m?

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier that maybe Jiminez and Traore may be tempted away next season if we don't have champions League football?

My point would be, if, in a team as tight knit as ours, if we do not have champions league football next season maybe we need to look at the players we have had this season and improve on them? If our "superstars" are good enough they have almost a whole season to prove it :)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier that maybe Jiminez and Traore may be tempted away next season if we don't have champions League football?

My point would be, if, in a team as tight knit as ours, if we do not have champions league football next season maybe we need to look at the players we have had this season and improve on them? If our "superstars" are good enough they have almost a whole season to prove it :)
I basically agree with this provided they are playing in a system that suits their strengths. I’ve always thought that Raul shouldn’t have to go looking for the ball as much as he does. He should be fed more good passes in and around the box just like Podence did on Monday.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I basically agree with this provided they are playing in a system that suits their strengths. I’ve always thought that Raul shouldn’t have to go looking for the ball as much as he does. He should be fed more good passes in and around the box just like Podence did on Monday.
That was a great ball from Podence. If you see the any angle video Podence looks up a couple of times, Neto who's a yard behind Raul, points where he wants the ball which puts the defenders off and Podence places a fantastic pass to Raul.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jimenez will be leaving at the end of the season if an offer comes in from a top club. Hopefully be a club from abroad of course.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jimenez will be leaving at the end of the season if an offer comes in from a top club. Hopefully be a club from abroad of course.
Why do you think that? It’s possible of course but in the absence of a ready-to-go better replacement, I can’t see that happening.
I’m presuming Silva is not currently ready although I was surprised to see him on the bench against Sheffield.
And who would want Raul and can afford his release clause and higher wages? Most of the top teams already have good goal scorers and I don’t think he wants to sit on the bench again playing second fiddle.

Stingray II

Reaction score
Jimenez is enjoying the pinnacle of his career. He has never performed this well anywhere. He's getting better too. Something at Wolves really suits him (maybe Nuno, the system, all of it, etc., who knows). Surely he has to recognize that. Maybe he'll leave for money if some club offers him a fortune. Can't blame him for that. We all must provide the most we can for our families. But I wonder why those "bigger" teams he belonged to never thought him worthy of their starting line-up . Could that happen again if he leaves the pack? I don't know what's in Raul's mind, so I'll just sit back and see. It's not often we can watch players of that quality wearing a Wolves shirt. Que sera, sera.

R

reanswolf

Jimenez is enjoying the pinnacle of his career. He has never performed this well anywhere. He's getting better too. Something at Wolves really suits him (maybe Nuno, the system, all of it, etc., who knows). Surely he has to recognize that. Maybe he'll leave for money if some club offers him a fortune. Can't blame him for that. We all must provide the most we can for our families. But I wonder why those "bigger" teams he belonged to never thought him worthy of their starting line-up . Could that happen again if he leaves the pack? I don't know what's in Raul's mind, so I'll just sit back and see. It's not often we can watch players of that quality wearing a Wolves shirt. Que sera, sera.
I think you are right, he is happy with whatever happens, he loves it at Wolves and is very happy, his family seem to enjoy life here and Nuno and our style are perfect for him, but if a move to a really big club comes along then of course he would probably seriously consider it as it would likely be the last move in his career.

Its certainly not always greener on the other side..............

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham signed a full back after one of the world cups, can't remember his name, I'm gonna say Salcedo as that sounds about right!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you who speak Spanish.

Or you could try the automated English subtitles, but they can be a bit hit and miss on Youtube.

D

Deleted member 4152

Why do you think that? It’s possible of course but in the absence of a ready-to-go better replacement, I can’t see that happening.
I’m presuming Silva is not currently ready although I was surprised to see him on the bench against Sheffield.
And who would want Raul and can afford his release clause and higher wages? Most of the top teams already have good goal scorers and I don’t think he wants to sit on the bench again playing second fiddle.
I have been told he has extended the contract on his house. But only till January

make of That what you will

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ta Mosleyite. More than l thought, although very few set the world on fire, which is perhaps why that is so....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A club and a player have to be good enough for one another.
I am sure if we keep around a top six spot Jimenez will stay.
If Jimenez is wanted by a Champions League club , then I think he and Wolves would agree amicably to part company but only if we regress this year.
There are some greedy disloyal players around but I dont think Wolves employ that type any more.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you who speak Spanish.

Or you could try the automated English subtitles, but they can be a bit hit and miss on Youtube.

Raul said he went to bed for 3 nights before the Sevilla match, thinking about how he would take the penalty, if he had to take one. He said after the match, everyone was fantastic to him and that Coady came up to him and said we win or lose together.
He said he has trained with Fabio Silva and you can see straight away that he has a very good touch, with the ball. He doesnt look as it as a threat to his position, but he will help the kid gain experience, like he learnt when he was younger, vwith more experienced players.
He said he went to Wolves because he believed in the project, it was a risk, but it has worked out well.
He said we were very close to Champions League football, but slipped up in the last few matches.
He said he likes it a Wolves and has a contract at Wolves till 2023, when he will be 32.
He said he has read 10 different teams that he is meant to be signing with and these stories just sell newspapers.
He said he has a contract, is happy and is well paid. If you sign for another team, is about 3 different parts have to make an agreement.
He came over as happy at Wolves, very competitive and didn't count out moving to another team in the future, but he plays for Wolves and gives his all for us

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
(This happened some weeks back now and so is safe to divulge)
An enquiry was made and a talks took place, and the end result was United couldn't guarantee Raul a start. With the re emergence of Martial he has become their main striker he can also play out on the wings as can Rashford and Greenwood meaning they can mix it up as and when req'd and they saw Raul as not being able to fit into this and at his age he wants to play as he spent enough time in Europe on the bench. The fact this happened must have meant a fee was agreed but I wasn't told that.
Raul Jimenez confirms United made a summer move for him

Looking back, United’s transfer policy seems to revolve around playing FIFA and buying any big/in form names and putting them into a salad formation and hope they don’t trip over each other on the pitch.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty going round today quoting Fabrizio Romano saying that Juve enquired about him in the summer and we responded with "€80m up front or do one". Can't criticise the club at all on that stance!

The more that comes out the more I do think we were planning for life without him - hence the bid for Vinicius. And when it became apparent he was happy to stay we felt we were in a position to bring in someone we could take our time with to be his long term successor

Back
Top Bottom