Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimenez transfer speculation

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well,I am hoping everyone is right in that Raul won´t be leaving.
Way I see it,he is 29 years old and he is peaking abilitywise.
Personally,time is running out for him to play for one of the biggest clubs..clubs that might win CL and other stuff.
I hope he opts to spend his peak seasons with us...but from a strict Raul Jimenez footballing perspective it makes little sense,doesn´t it?

Can´t recall a situation were a newborn baby has stopped a peaking footballer turning 30 stopping a big transfer.

No one wants Raul to stay with us more than I..but it would be an excemption to rules if Raul stays put.
Time is running out for him.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that’s why i was annoyed with Sky reporting
Ah I thought you were narked by them saying little old Wolves are guaranteed 7th in a condescending way. Journalists and attention to detail rarely go together and I've long since given up on trying to understand why some people struggle to get their heads around goal difference. Still an odd thing to report when we can finish 6th and in any case 7th is meaningless if Arsenal win the cup.

Personally I've got this glass half empty nagging fear that we will finish 7th and miss out on Europe. I didnt expect Arsenal to get past City in the cup, or City to get their 2 year FFP euro ban completely overturned then there was the late goal at Bramhall Lane and Mike Dean's antics at Turf Moor. Just feels like things are lining up to deny us the European spot we richly deserve next season. Also I dont think we are playing well enough right now to win the Europa this season.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah I thought you were narked by them saying little old Wolves are guaranteed 7th in a condescending way. Journalists and attention to detail rarely go together and I've long since given up on trying to understand why some people struggle to get their heads around goal difference. Still an odd thing to report when we can finish 6th and in any case 7th is meaningless if Arsenal win the cup.

Personally I've got this glass half empty nagging fear that we will finish 7th and miss out on Europe. I didnt expect Arsenal to get past City in the cup, or City to get their 2 year FFP euro ban completely overturned then there was the late goal at Bramhall Lane and Mike Dean's antics at Turf Moor. Just feels like things are lining up to deny us the European spot we richly deserve next season. Also I dont think we are playing well enough right now to win the Europa this season.
I agree. Feel a lot better after last night's win, but Arsenal beating City on Saturday was a massive blow. Desparately want 6th now to avoid high stress levels watching the Cup Final... Ie, Arsenal win they get Europa, Chelsea win means Wolves get Europa. You just know how that will end.

Or Arsenal will get 7th, we get 8th , and Chelsea win cup! Aarrgh!

M

merseawolf

Keep the faith

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Feel a lot better after last night's win, but Arsenal beating City on Saturday was a massive blow. Desparately want 6th now to avoid high stress levels watching the Cup Final... Ie, Arsenal win they get Europa, Chelsea win means Wolves get Europa. You just know how that will end.

Or Arsenal will get 7th, we get 8th , and Chelsea win cup! Aarrgh!

Lets hope that the brummie gap minders can get a point tonight to improve our chances of qualifying for the Europa. I dont want them getting 3 points mind!

binners

Reaction score
Let’s remember his age , and his past playing career Wolves and Nuno’s team have made him the player we see today . He was worth 20 million on arrival . So we can’t be that bad !
And yet non of the so called top six didn’t go near him as a 3 year bench warmer at Atletico and Benfica. Now they are all over him like a rash.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet non of the so called top six didn’t go near him as a 3 year bench warmer at Atletico and Benfica. Now they are all over him like a rash.
Yep. To spot him and his ability and make him this player along with Traore , Boly, Doherty, Coady makes us hopeful that they could pick up the players we all feel we need and do a similar job.
I am sure Cutrone could have been made a player if he had adapted and been more mature about things .

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's crazy to think a player of his ability was just wasting away on Benficas bench. It's not like he was young and inexperienced at the time either.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. To spot him and his ability and make him this player along with Traore , Boly, Doherty, Coady makes us hopeful that they could pick up the players we all feel we need and do a similar job.
I am sure Cutrone could have been made a player if he had adapted and been more mature about things .
Not sure about Cutrone but at least we got most of the money back.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand that , Mourinho had doubts about Cutrone , but I look at Podence Neto and Dedoncker and see men who didn’t move out and complain about favouritism and look to have come good .
Mourinho???? Do you know something we don't???

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Just had a look on Youtube -Mexican news has loads of reviews on Raul -they are loving the 100 million euro price tag and giving well large that a mexican is worth that much! if you want to feel good about Raul watch a few of these .
They all conclude he is better off staying at Wolves - I agree

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the only thing i understood from those three videos was "W. Brom and Vile can kiss my ass".

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourinho???? Do you know something we don't???
He said it in a interview . I was surprised to hear it . Something about his "limitations" would stop him being a great player
Along with Pep's statement that Neves, as a mere defensive midfielder, was not someone he would want to spend a lot of money on.
Two top managers talking about our players in a way I wouldn't have expected.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the only thing i understood from those three videos was "W. Brom and Vile can kiss my ass".
Yeah my usual spanish > english translation technique of removing the trailing "o" from the spanish words to get the english words didnt work at all on those videos. Havent got a clue what they were on about.

R

reanswolf

He said it in a interview . I was surprised to hear it . Something about his "limitations" would stop him being a great player
Along with Pep's statement that Neves, as a mere defensive midfielder, was not someone he would want to spend a lot of money on.
Two top managers talking about our players in a way I wouldn't have expected.
Suits me fine, the more likely it maybe that he stays where he is adored.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Thankfully all the speculation around Raul leaving has died down. Credit to the player, he never commented, always said the right things as well.

But tonight proves holding onto Raul is 2nd only to Nuno signing another contract. We all love Traore, but Jimenez is the most valuable player for us, nobody at the club could fill his boots if he went.

Where would we be without him? He was superb tonight. His absolute best.

D

Deleted member 4152

Durham and gough today asking why is Jimenez still at Wolves?

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Durham and gough today asking why is Jimenez still at Wolves?

Jesus, they still on talk ****? I reckon we will be their new Arsenal. This forum proves how sensitive Wolves fans can be and will be easy to provoke a reaction from. Durham spent at least 10 years provoking hilarious reactions from gooners.

D

Deleted member 4152

Jesus, they still on talk ****? I reckon we will be their new Arsenal. This forum proves how sensitive Wolves fans can be and will be easy to provoke a reaction from. Durham spent at least 10 years provoking hilarious reactions from gooners.
All they do is **** stir

I mean none of us like villa, but earlier durham said "we will also be talking about grealish giving away any chance of playing for a big club"

Cue villa fans in meltdown

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All they do is **** stir

I mean none of us like villa, but earlier durham said "we will also be talking about grealish giving away any chance of playing for a big club"

Cue villa fans in meltdown
They are just cheap wind up merchants. Why in gods name anyone falls for it, or listens to the two fat clowns I have no idea.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre covid I would have been very worried but the financial landscape currently means no one can afford him. He doesnt come across as the sort of guy to kick up a fuss so i full expect to see him play here for another 2 seasons

MutchAdo

Reaction score
The thick ****s need to realise that our top players don't want to go anywhere, they're fully bought into the project and know where we're going. There'll be no unsettling happening and if people stopped biting at them they'd run out of air space to fill. That's not a dig at anybody either, I know better than anybody how easy it is to react in the heat of the moment but it's the biters that feed the trolls.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did occur to me that his performance last night may have aroused some serious interest. Although having the window open until October helps recruitment it also means that we cannot rest easy until it closes. We absolutely must keep Raul.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I could see us cashing in at end of the season but definitely not now! thankfully!!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thick ****s need to realise that our top players don't want to go anywhere, they're fully bought into the project and know where we're going. There'll be no unsettling happening and if people stopped biting at them they'd run out of air space to fill. That's not a dig at anybody either, I know better than anybody how easy it is to react in the heat of the moment but it's the biters that feed the trolls.
I don't think this is completely correct. I truly believe if COVID-19 had not happened, Jimenez probably would have been bought for a ridiculous fee. Not to say he doesn't believe in the system, but there was no doubt that he would have considered a move.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s so tedious

he scores and they think he should go to a better team , then they mention spurs and united

clueless imbeciles

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I'm sure there has been serious interest since Ole was asked about the speculation linking him to United in January. Raul (and even his father) have dealt with the speculation with the usual "flattered to be linked to top clubs" like United and Juventus. There is nothing in his conduct or comments to suggest his angling for a move. His comments after his 100th appearance seem to suggest he is happy to stay but as we found with Doherty a player can say one thing and do the other.

I personally think he will stay but if we were to sell it would be for top dollar. Not the insulting £50-60m some pundits keep saying will be enough to tempt us. That's BS. £15m more than what we have just spent on Fabio and up to £30m less than United paid for a defender? Yeah right!

Bidding would have to start at £100m minimum for us to even give it a 2nd glance in my view

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I don't think this is completely correct. I truly believe if COVID-19 had not happened, Jimenez probably would have been bought for a ridiculous fee. Not to say he doesn't believe in the system, but there was no doubt that he would have considered a move.
Didn't Raul say his baby would be born in Wolves colours prior to C-19 hitting? The due date was after the 20/21 season would have started normally so I can only presume that was him committing to us long before last season was anywhere near finishing.

Nothing is set in stone obviously but personally I think he's 100% committed to the cause and loves it here. Hard to say if Barca or Real or whoever come knocking as it's not every day you get the big boys trying to sign you but I think the fee we'd have asked would have put people off anyway.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, if United or Spurs offer us £75m I think there’s a high chance he would leave and we would accept.

This isn’t me knocking Raul’s integrity, the ‘project’, or saying we’re selling cheap... I just think those two clubs would tempt Raul and I think that’s about the price we’d listen.

I have it on very good authority via a non-Wolves supporting friend connected to the club via a member of senior staff that Traore will be allowed to speak to clubs who offer £65m+, so based on this I’d speculate the £75m mark is probably around the price we’d star to consider listening for Raul.

On the Traore point I’m not trying to come across as ‘ITK’, in fact I was told this a month ago, but I do trust the source of this rumour.

Back
Top Bottom