Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimenez transfer speculation

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk****e is now one big wind up station. Look at their twitter and it is wind up after wind up by their appalling so called pundits and experts.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, if United or Spurs offer us £75m I think there’s a high chance he would leave and we would accept.

This isn’t me knocking Raul’s integrity, the ‘project’, or saying we’re selling cheap... I just think those two clubs would tempt Raul and I think that’s about the price we’d listen.

I have it on very good authority via a non-Wolves supporting friend connected to the club via a member of senior staff that Traore will be allowed to speak to clubs who offer £65m+, so based on this I’d speculate the £75m mark is probably around the price we’d star to consider listening for Raul.

On the Traore point I’m not trying to come across as ‘ITK’, in fact I was told this a month ago, but I do trust the source of this rumour.

Wolves already put around £90m just after the Sevilla defeat. It was well reported

And I don’t even think Fosun would let him go for that now given the damage it would do to our potentially very good season. That was the moment and it’s gone

Hooorah see you next summer naysayers

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves already put around £90m just after the Sevilla defeat. It was well reported

And I don’t even think Fosun would let him go for that now given the damage it would do to our potentially very good season. That was the moment and it’s gone

Hooorah see you next summer naysayers

He clearly still loves playing for us.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it, if United or Spurs offer us £75m I think there’s a high chance he would leave and we would accept.

This isn’t me knocking Raul’s integrity, the ‘project’, or saying we’re selling cheap... I just think those two clubs would tempt Raul and I think that’s about the price we’d listen.

I have it on very good authority via a non-Wolves supporting friend connected to the club via a member of senior staff that Traore will be allowed to speak to clubs who offer £65m+, so based on this I’d speculate the £75m mark is probably around the price we’d star to consider listening for Raul.

On the Traore point I’m not trying to come across as ‘ITK’, in fact I was told this a month ago, but I do trust the source of this rumour.
ALL speculation “I am totally happy living in Wolverhampton and playing for The Wolves

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jiminez is 29. Spent most of his career not scoring like he is now. Our set up suits him. Apart from money why would he leave? Plays eveory game and scores loads of goals. He was a bench warmer in other places. Worth a word with doc about jumping ship. Grass not always greener....

D

Deleted member 4152

Jiminez is 29. Spent most of his career not scoring like he is now. Our set up suits him. Apart from money why would he leave? Plays eveory game and scores loads of goals. He was a bench warmer in other places. Worth a word with doc about jumping ship. Grass not always greener....
Exactly

There is a common denominator here. And his name is Nuno (and his staff obvs)

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Key is Champions League next season -ditto Traore and Neves.

It will be very difficult to hang onto them without that.

D

Deleted member 4152

Why do people:

’pundits’
other clubs fans

even our own fans

keep going on about our best players leaving?

”Mendes will sell em for his profits”
”Fosun are an investment group”

Where is the evidence?

Some of you still don’t get it

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people:

’pundits’
other clubs fans

even our own fans

Where is the evidence?

He bay gewin anywhere...I hope.

optimuswolf

Reaction score

for traore he was playing championship football before we signed him. i doubt he's expecting CL football.

its more likely with Raul and Neves, although whether there are clubs in the CL who would pay to sign them is another matter.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people:

’pundits’
other clubs fans

even our own fans

Where is the evidence?

Agreed, I'm sick to death of ****ty main stream media trying to sell our players, let alone our own fans.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm sick to death of ****ty main stream media trying to sell our players, let alone our own fans.
I kind of like it as it's created this real expectation that we were assured to lose at least two of Jimenez, Neves or Traore this summer and it's looking increasingly likely that none will depart.

The penny is finally dropping with fans of the big 6 that we're now serious rivals. Hence the increasing vitriol from them.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for traore he was playing championship football before we signed him. i doubt he's expecting CL football.

its more likely with Raul and Neves, although whether there are clubs in the CL who would pay to sign them is another matter.

I think it's more an acknowledgement that they have been loyal to us in waiting, and if we don't get CL, they deserve it and the club won't stand in their way. Fees would reflect that as with lower fees for Doc.

Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp is already planning for Neves. What he won't have factored in however, is that so is Nuno ;)

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
Why do people:

’pundits’
other clubs fans

even our own fans

Where is the evidence?

Because ultimately every player has a price & if someone came in with stupid money it would be taken and spent on developing the whole squad. From a players point of view as Torres has said in a recent interview/article he loved Liverpool but knew that they were years away from competing regularly at the very top so went to Chelsea to win trophies. So Jimenez at 29 will know that we are going places but may also know that we might not get there quickly enough for him to still be playing once we get to where we want to be.

Fortunately for us Jimenez in particular has spent a number of seasons on the bench for clubs at the top and that will be in his mind, he knows he is first pick and the main man here and that goes a long with players. Similar could be said for the likes of Neves, Jota, & Traore.

I don't think we will be selling him or anyone else this summer, partly due to us continuing to build around them and partly due to all the clubs tightening their belts due to covid, with the exception of Chelsea as they had money to spend from transfer ban and various sales.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's hope our new right back isn't a complete number two.

That reminds me of a story about Graham Taylor's #2 when he managed us. Think his name was Harrison and he was meant to be a bit of a joker. Anyway I seem to recall his notorious claim to fame was getting the sack from a coaching job with England for doing a dump in a bucket from the top of a wardrobe or ladder.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That reminds me of a story about Graham Taylor's #2 when he managed us. Think his name was Harrison and he was meant to be a bit of a joker. Anyway I seem to recall his notorious claim to fame was getting the sack from a coaching job with England for doing a dump in a bucket from the top of a wardrobe or ladder.
Steve Harrison l believe.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
true

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard it was into a beer glass whilst standing on a table...... Not a nice thought either way.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kind of like it as it's created this real expectation that we were assured to lose at least two of Jimenez, Neves or Traore this summer and it's looking increasingly likely that none will depart.

The penny is finally dropping with fans of the big 6 that we're now serious rivals. Hence the increasing vitriol from them.

Agree with this in the main. One of the big reasons some of our fans keep talking about Jiménez and Traoré being sold to a big club is because the MSM keep pushing that story, which fits the lazy conventional narrative that all 'upstarts' have their best players picked off by the Big 6 to nobble the upstart club and because the players crave top salaries.

The narrative goes wrong with Wolves though for several reasons:
  • TV revenues are so huge now in the EPL that upstart clubs are not under the same financial pressure to sell their assets in the way they were fifteen, ten or even five years ago;
  • Wolves's 'Project' is not a fluke; we are where we are due to meticulous planning and focused implementation of the plan. The plan is to become as big if not bigger than the Big 6 and it does not involve selling off our crown jewels to those who we see as rivals;
  • The Project has purposely set out to create and nurture a fantastic 'one for all and all for one' team ethic which our recruits buy into and value. It is hard for other clubs to rival this ethic and it is hard for players to leave it behind;
  • We do not sign money-motivated players, but players who want to enjoy their football in a positive, healthy playing and training environment where pressure is at a minimum whilst nonetheless excelling and reaching their potential as players;
  • We have a superb motivational coach whom our players revere.
I disagree with you though that the Big 6 and their fans have understood yet why Wolves is a different animal to other upstarts and why we won't be destroyed by our new rivals picking off our best players. That penny still hasn't dropped with them by and large, just as it still hasn't dropped with some of our own fans!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
(This happened some weeks back now and so is safe to divulge)
An enquiry was made and a talks took place, and the end result was United couldn't guarantee Raul a start. With the re emergence of Martial he has become their main striker he can also play out on the wings as can Rashford and Greenwood meaning they can mix it up as and when req'd and they saw Raul as not being able to fit into this and at his age he wants to play as he spent enough time in Europe on the bench. The fact this happened must have meant a fee was agreed but I wasn't told that.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way the constant claims that we may sell our top players but dont sell actually highlights how good a club we have become.

I meet a lot of non Wolves fans around he country who now say we are a good bet for a top four spot. And I am having to say perhaps not this year. ;)
These are from fans who didnt get it at all, until last season saw 7th for a second year.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An enquiry was made and a talks took place, and the end result was United couldn't guarantee Raul a start. With the re emergence of Martial he has become their main striker he can also play out on the wings as can Rashford and Greenwood meaning they can mix it up as and when req'd and they saw Raul as not being able to fit into this and at his age he wants to play as he spent enough time in Europe on the bench. The fact this happened must have meant a fee was agreed but I wasn't told that.

On a scale of 0-100% how true is that.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a massive gap between being a good professional like Jimenez and a mercenary **** like ...........
Fill in the many blanks

D

Deleted member 11332

Often the discussions between player and club are before the transfer fee has been agreed from what I've read, just means the selling club have agreed they can.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people:

’pundits’
other clubs fans

even our own fans

Where is the evidence?

It's not like any old job -they have a limited time to maximise their achievements and earnings. So they will be ambitious and quite right too.

We all hope we get to CL asap -if we do I am sure we will be able to enjoy watching them for a few seasons.

Nivada

Reaction score
Raul's too much of a solid individual to leave.

Back
Top Bottom