Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi Out

Should Jeff Shi Go?

• Yes

Votes: 368 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 34.6%

• Total voters

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it was more than the panto villain stuff. People really didn't like him - I sit above the directors box so heard what people used to say. Not that it was wholly deserved, just in comparison the negativity towards Shi is pretty low key.

Jeff by comparison is close to anonymous.
I do know someone who worked for poxey Moxey at Wolves and he was a grade one knobhead and arrogant *****

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With no goals or assists or half decent performances in his games there…..

Ok……

2 winning goals from one of them……

JRB is a better all round player, but sorry he isn’t more effective than sasa was in his limited time in the same central role…..

JRB couldn’t even stand out against a **** baggies team…. He has been inept in the central role, to say he has/offered more than Sasa is in the central forward role is patently false and just not close to accurate.

Sasa had goals in league and cup, JRB (and I really rate him) has been **** poor in this well out of his skill set and strengths role of CF or central forward.
I thought you said you used to be involved in football?

Footballers don’t only have one skill set as part of a balanced team - if you were involved in football you’d know that.

Sasa is a not particularly mobile, slow, non pressing forward. His finishing is good, and he can link play.

We don’t play in a way that uses his strengths, and we play in a way that his weaknesses would stand out.

Bellegarde has scored two goals this season - he’s not a striker, but he offers some of the strengths GON is looking for to make our gameplan work whilst Hwang is away - his press, his pace, and his dribbling ability.

It’s about what people bring to the team, not individual elements, and JRB brings more to the team than Sasa, it’s quite simple.

casbul

Reaction score
The one thing that all the posters seem to miss about their calls for Jeff to go is that if they got there wish he'd only be replaced by another executive from FOSUN with exactly the same remit as Jeff has, so what would be the difference? If FOSUN wanted an outside football professional they would have installed one by now. What you're really calling for is a change of ownership.

Jeff may not be the perfect Executive Chairman but he's been here for 7 years now so has some experience and has hopefully learned from all the mistakes he's made. Would we really be better of with a rookie exec?

Chairmen of football clubs will never be popular with fans. Ticket and season ticket prices will always be too high, transfer windows will never see enough money spent, the ground will never be big or modern enough, they'll always 'lack ambition' There will always be something to complain about. But the yardstick for me is are we better off as a club now than when he took over and the answer to that is immeasurably!

This. What it takes to become a consistent Premier League side shouldn't be understated and of course there's always going to be some greed with ticket prices and so on, which I don't agree with, but look at the difference now versus ten years ago.

Yes we've had some close calls, and yes we've had some pretty appalling moments of management / ownership - the whole Lopetegui fiasco, for instance, not casting a great light on the club; but from that we also avoided FFP sanctions. Hobbs was also hired and we have in turn signed some players who have very quickly become fan favourites: Cunha, Lemina, Gomes, Dawson, Sarabia, all of those except Cunha for very good prices - and Cunha is starting to justify his price tag.

Better the devil you know; the grass isn't always greener; third idiom.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
I thought you said you used to be involved in football?

Footballers don’t only have one skill set as part of a balanced team - if you were involved in football you’d know that.

Sasa is a not particularly mobile, slow, non pressing forward. His finishing is good, and he can link play.

We don’t play in a way that uses his strengths, and we play in a way that his weaknesses would stand out.

Bellegarde has scored two goals this season - he’s not a striker, but he offers some of the strengths GON is looking for to make our gameplan work whilst Hwang is away - his press, his pace, and his dribbling ability.

It’s about what people bring to the team, not individual elements, and JRB brings more to the team than Sasa, it’s quite simple.
JRB also have had to work on the defensive part of his game, he was pretty naive during his first games (West Ham away as an example). I do not remember him messing up anything during the past weeks though, so he seems to be getting better at it?
The PL is unforgiving for inexperienced players, so maybe next season we can start to demand some offensive end product from him.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
Outside of achieving Premiership football, what has / is Jeff doing to grow our non football related business / turnover ?
It would be interesting to know how much revenue the record label or esports is bringing into the club.
With all of the FFP and Profit and Sustainability regulations now in force, increasing our non football related turnover is more important than ever.
Jeff's performance should be measured on this as well as our league position.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers sharing a few of the concerns about the ownership when on the E&S podcast with Judah (good listen).

Like we have to on here, he constantly reiterated how well we're doing now to avoid a backlash, but admitted 'concern' at the way we're heading.

Questions about why stadium improvement is off the radar, noted how esports and fashion labels have gone very quiet.

Also said it's a worry that two managers have said the goalposts were moved in the past two windows.

It wasn't fierce criticism by him from any means, just a general uncertainty about what's happening next and he didn't understand what the actual aim is from Fosun moving forward.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Spiers sharing a few of the concerns about the ownership when on the E&S podcast with Judah (good listen).

Like we have to on here, he constantly reiterated how well we're doing now to avoid a backlash, but admitted 'concern' at the way we're heading.

Questions about why stadium improvement is off the radar, noted how esports and fashion labels have gone very quiet.

Also said it's a worry that two managers have said the goalposts were moved in the past two windows.

It wasn't fierce criticism by him from any means, just a general uncertainty about what's happening next and he didn't understand what the actual aim is from Fosun moving forward.
Never any positive to say. Lets move forward.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside of achieving Premiership football, what has / is Jeff doing to grow our non football related business / turnover ?
It would be interesting to know how much revenue the record label or esports is bringing into the club.
With all of the FFP and Profit and Sustainability regulations now in force, increasing our non football related turnover is more important than ever.
Jeff's performance should be measured on this as well as our league position.
We need to bear in mind that only Guo has all the facts to judge/measure Jeff’s performance.
It’s possible that Jeff may have exceeded Guo’s expectations…….after all Jeff is still here after 7 years.

Compared to Boeing, the Coke taste change, AIG, Lehman Brothers, etc, Wolves have only had a few small little stumbles but quickly righted the boat…..no leaks.

As for some players who didn’t work out……
Transfers are like poker……..it’s all totally a gambling game…..even the best clubs will get it wrong sometimes as do the best poker players.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had a big meetup of the various Wolves esport teams in Shanghai last week. Some sort of awards night. It had over 100,000 views on a Chinese social media platform. Not massive when considering the population of China, or even just Shanghai, but the football videos barely get over thousand views if that, so Wolves esport seems to be the thing in China. One of the teams were guests at the Man Utd game. They did some filming in Wolverhampton, at training ground and at Molineux.

We also had a couple of young Chinese players visit the academy as part of a cooperation agreement with a club called Shanghai Lucky Star.

"So what" some of you might say. "How does that help Wolves?" I don't know. I'm just letting you know Shi and Fosun are doing stuff.

Wolves china.jpg

loppers86

Reaction score
Why can’t Fosun see the problem here?

They do know that Shi will take us down in the next couple
of years and they will lose all
their money?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff out

Clueless about football. Hobbs saved his ass big time

He needs to give clear answers and stop lying to the managers.

I’d rather we have straight talking Guo Guangchang here. His passion for the club is so much more. Dancing when we beat chelski beautiful scenes.

Jeff comes across as following orders & just goes off what others say to him from above.

Feeds the fans lies about competing with man city to ramp up ticket sales.

The list goes on and on

How many managers need to speak out about needing more players?

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do know someone who worked for poxey Moxey at Wolves and he was a grade one knobhead and arrogant *****
You would never have guessed that to hear him speak !!
I loved the way Fosun gave him a quick exit , that gave them 10 years of credit IMO .
Moxey had hung over WWFC like a black cloud for 16 years .
Norwich got his measure as well . But it was all SJH's and Morgans's decisions to keep him .

loppers86

Reaction score
Part of the reason I want Shi out is just a continuation of my habit of wanting Moxey Out.

The other part of the reason I want Shi out is because he literally doesn’t have the first clue about football yet he still sticks his nose in everything.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest criticism of Shi was employing Sellars and Lage .
The Lopetegui incident got what WWFC wanted - survival at all costs.
Both times he took Mendes client managers. Say no more

Gestifute owe us some up and coming talent with the over paying on absolute garbage with Fabio, Guedes and Jordao

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gestifute owe us some up and coming talent with the over paying on absolute garbage with Fabio, Guedes and Jordao
I don’t think Gestufute owe us anything
Neves, Helder Costa, Cavelero, Jota, Patricio, Semedo, Moutinho and more
Thank god for Gestifute I say

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Gestufute owe us anything
Neves, Helder Costa, Cavelero, Jota, Patricio, Semedo, Moutinho and more
Thank god for Gestifute I say
Then ripped us off after and got us into ffp mess.

Depends how you look at it. Did us good every other club was moaning about us.

Surely Mendes has ruined his line of credit with us now though. Hobbs wants to move away from that stable for good reason

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dont you think we had some great buys in Nuno , Moutinho, Patricio, Neves, Boly, Sarabia ,Jonny ,Jimmy, Saiss , Neto , Jota , Semedo, Cunha, Vinagre ....

Last edited:

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then ripped us off after and got us into ffp mess.

Depends how you look at it. Did us good every other club was moaning about us.

Surely Mendes has ruined his line of credit with us now though. Hobbs wants to move away from that stable for good reason

Gestifute gave us some absolute dross the first season, redeemed themselves when Nuno arrived then after our first season in the prem started fleecing us for people like Fabio, Semedo, Trincao, Guedes, Podence, chiquinho, vallejo and theres probably more.

The bit i'm always furious about, making us sell Jota and Doherty for what a combined £40million plus Hoever. Can you imagine Brighton selling Jota for such a pittance?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TBF I think Jordao is ‘one that got away’ in that he was the higher rated player than Neto, and look at how good Neto has turned out.

Really feel Jordao could have been a player if injury hadn’t knocked him back each time.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer will be a big test. His letter to fans last season said that this year would be challenging but next year would be better. I understand what Hobbs has said and that he wants to sell one to reinvest and build. The key will be whether Jeff pulls the rug again. If he does he’s playing with fire as he’s likely to lose both O’Neil and Hobbs.

Reactions: Ian

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff out

I’d rather we have straight talking Guo Guangchang here. His passion for the club is so much more. Dancing when we beat chelski beautiful scenes.

Jeff comes across as following orders & just goes off what others say to him from above.

The list goes on and on

You may as well get used to it…….Guo would replace Jeff if he wasn’t doing a good job.

What we fans want and what Guo wants might be two different things.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may as well get used to it…….Guo would replace Jeff if he wasn’t doing a good job.

What we fans want and what Guo wants might be two different things.
Who knows and we probably never will. They want partial investment so

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff out

The list goes on and on

The chairman / CEO role is an Administrative role, they don’t need to know about football. How many chairman /CEO’s are “Football” men?

Guo isn’t getting more involved than he is, he’s running a massive conglomerate which is in a huge financial turmoil of which wolves is a tiny part of the group.

Jeff is an employee, of course he’s following orders that come from above, like anyone else in the world with a boss!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The chairman / CEO role is an Administrative role, they don’t need to know about football. How many chairman /CEO’s are “Football” men?

Guo isn’t getting more involved than he is, he’s running a massive conglomerate which is in a huge financial turmoil of which wolves is a tiny part of the group.

Jeff is an employee, of course he’s following orders that come from above, like anyone else in the world with a boss!
Yes…..

We hold these truths to be self evident………

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But Jeff went out of his way to claim credit for the Fabio Silva signing, calling him 'my boy'. That was his decision and he was sold a pup.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Jeff went out of his way to claim credit for the Fabio Silva signing, calling him 'my boy'. That was his decision and he was sold a pup.

Also tracked him for years and could have got him for less then £9m the summer before he paid £35m……..

The bloke in a football sense is bloody clueless!!

He is making moves with the “brand” building stuff to generate more money for the club.

But it would be good to know what the financial return and benefit of these things has been.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve no dog in this fight, but if you go back to his interview at the time that’s not what he said. He said he’d been advised he was “the one, a generational talent”, presumably by Jorge.

Purely my opinion as i think he’s had a mixed bag of good, bad and indifferent but if he was as useless as people believe Fosun (who aren’t scared of making big decisions) would have removed him a long time ago. Instead he’s had promotions since being here.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
53% pay rise wasn’t it this time last year?

He showed why he deserved it this year……..

53% pay rise after ****ing up the finances necessities a fire sale, has a massive hand in the JL debacle that made the club look **** publicly and leaves the new manager short of players to end up in our current predicament after for a second time in less than a year moved the agreed goalposts in regards to squad improvement……

What a stellar year Jeff has had…….

NOT!!!!

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Purely my opinion as i think he’s had a mixed bag of good, bad and indifferent but if he was as useless as people believe Fosun (who aren’t scared of making big decisions) would have removed him a long time ago. Instead he’s had promotions since being here.
We have achieved what we have despite Shi not because of him. There’s been more poor decisions than good ones, and we simply can’t believe a word that he says. Other than that….

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve no dog in this fight, but if you go back to his interview at the time that’s not what he said. He said he’d been advised he was “the one, a generational talent”, presumably by Jorge.

He was quoted as saying 'He's my boy' in the press, but i'm sure you'll think you know better, you always do. However you sugarcoat it, Shi was taken for a ride, a 35 million pound ride. Yeah we know, everybody makes mistakes.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have much of a axe to grind re Jeffrey, but we were caught cold re how much money we needed to save in summer, and we have a threadbare squad now, so surely the glorified Fosun accountant should shoulder some responsibility?

Back
Top Bottom