Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi Out

Should Jeff Shi Go?

• Yes

Votes: 368 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 34.6%

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JEFF OUT / FOSUN SELL THE CLUB!!

WHERES THE MONEY GONE?? Mendes time to pack your clients off matey

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calming down this summer on the money front is kind of right though isn't it? We've splurged how much? Top 7 spenders. Yeah some of the quality that has been questionable but weve still spent...plus they backed it up with getting JLO and money in January. Not sustainble is it?

Depends what the promises were but Julen surely knows he can't drive a club into financial meltdown.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He approved the silva, Semedo, nunes, Cunha deals when we weren’t in the financial position to do those signing

Fair point..and I don't think he's blameless.
But I don't think replacing him solves the main issue.
However it has been quite clear earlier than Fosun approves or disapproves any financial decisions at Wolves.
So whatever Shi promised Lopetegui when he signed up must have come with Fosuns approval...an approval that has now been withdrawn..

Or ir was never given in the first place and Shi just lied to get his man..
But that doesn't really make sense.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Irrespective of what’s happening with lopetegui, it’s clear he isn’t fit to run a football club.

Based on taking a club from 15th in the Championship to promotion in season two followed by at least six successive seasons in the top flight no doubt

"He approved the silva, Semedo, nunes, Cunha deals when we weren’t in the financial position to do those signings"

How do you know we weren't in the financial position to make those signings?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on taking a club from 15th in the Championship to promotion in season two followed by at least six successive seasons in the top flight no doubt

"He approved the silva, Semedo, nunes, Cunha deals when we weren’t in the financial position to do those signings"

How do you know we weren't in the financial position to make those signings?
Because we are now struggling with FFP

Why did we waste all that money on those players ?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we are now struggling with FFP

Why did we waste all that money on those players ?
But in 20/21 (the season we signed Silva and Semedo), we made a profit, so clearly we could afford the signings

How much are we struggling due to FFP? You don't know, you're taking a rumour as gospel. But with the dealings over the last year it was pretty clear we'd need some outgoings before we went buying again. Anyone with a vague knowledge of FFP could see that

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, I'm with Shi on this one (from the information we know).

Lopetegui's people would be able to see our financial situation and know that massive spending wasn't possible, after big spending in January.

Our squad is too big, so we need to clear 9/10 and bring 4/5 in. You can easily do that with a £0 net spend, or maybe with just a little spend, knowing the wage bill will drop considerably. And, of the departures, there's only Neves who we desperately wouldn't want to lose but that's inevitable due to his contract, it's not a finance thing.

Ait-Nouri, Giles, Jonny, Moutinho, Neves, Traore, Sarabia, Podence, Costa, Jimenez.

You probably get £60m at least from that lot, and a reduced wage bill. It gives you freedom to bring players in, and, as mentioned, we don't need that much.

We can't keep spending. Jeff's made mistakes in the past but if Lopetegui goes, it's on him.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This needs to be a public poll.

I voted NO.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sense of entitlement of some on here is breathtaking. FOSUN have given us the best years of our lives since taking over but still some aren’t satisfied.

Before FOSUN it was Morgan being slated, before that Sir Jack was abused by some of our fans.

Yet I would stake my life on the fact that the very same people who are shouting abuse at Jeff Shi and FOSUN for not spending millions more of their money for no return are the same ones bitching about season ticket prices going up. ****ing easy to spend other people’s money isn’t it boys?

DroitwichWolf

Reaction score
The sense of entitlement of some on here is breathtaking. FOSUN have given us the best years of our lives since taking over but still some aren’t satisfied.

Before FOSUN it was Morgan being slated, before that Sir Jack was abused by some of our fans.

Yet I would stake my life on the fact that the very same people who are shouting abuse at Jeff Shi and FOSUN for not spending millions more of their money for no return are the same ones bitching about season ticket prices going up. ****ing easy to spend other people’s money isn’t it boys?
You can't be satisfied seeing Wolves be the only Premier League club to raise their season ticket prices for the fifth year consecutively? And for what? To watch relegation battles and barely any goals? Being charged top 8 prices to watch a club fighting relegation under potentially Rob Edwards is unforgivable and unacceptable.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cuhna Sarabia were Lops.

Fosun have been more than generous the last 2 windows.
Only because
a) They simply had to or we'd go down
and b) they put themselves in this position by not investing properly for 2/3 years before that.

'Generous' is pushing it. They literally had no choice but to. If they'd invested gradually and properly on the right players over the previous 2/3 years, we wouldn't have been in such a position.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lopetegui's people would be able to see our financial situation and know that massive spending wasn't possible, after big spending in January.

Our squad is too big, so we need to clear 9/10 and bring 4/5 in. You can easily do that with a £0 net spend, or maybe with just a little spend, knowing the wage bill will drop considerably. And, of the departures, there's only Neves who we desperately wouldn't want to lose but that's inevitable due to his contract, it's not a finance thing.

Ait-Nouri, Giles, Jonny, Moutinho, Neves, Traore, Sarabia, Podence, Costa, Jimenez.

You probably get £60m at least from that lot, and a reduced wage bill. It gives you freedom to bring players in, and, as mentioned, we don't need that much.

We can't keep spending. Jeff's made mistakes in the past but if Lopetegui goes, it's on him.
Don’t get me wrong , Jeff can’t do anything right this second or window to sort it.

The mistakes have already happened which is why he should be going irrespective of whether lopetegui goes or not

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But in 20/21 (the season we signed Silva and Semedo), we made a profit, so clearly we could afford the signings

How much are we struggling due to FFP? You don't know, you're taking a rumour as gospel. But with the dealings over the last year it was pretty clear we'd need some outgoings before we went buying again. Anyone with a vague knowledge of FFP could see that

We could at the time .

But given the transfer fees are spread over the length of contract, it was a ridiculous assumption to assume Silva would step up to make the difference in the prem with almost zero profressional football experience.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bang on.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's some odd linkage and logic right there. FOSUN will get a big return on their initial investment when they sell the club, assuming we aren't relegated by then which is an increasing possibility with how badly they're mismanaging the club.

As for season ticket prices, the product isn't good now and will likely get worse, yet they continue to increase. What's your point?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous. What do people want Moxey and the championship? Some people have very short memories.
Shi certainly has a few Moxey like tendencies and if he's allowed to carry on the way he's going then we'll be in the Champ soon enough. Got out of jail this season with Lopetegui coming available, otherwise we would've ended up with a Beale like appointment.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In contrast to what some posters think, FOSUN has to live in the real world. The real world for them is that they are a Chinese investment company and a bloody huge one, and like it or not they have the Chinese Communist Party breathing down their necks the whole time. Wolves are just a small part of their massive portfolio. It is quite possible that the unpredictable way they have turned the financial taps on and off may have a lot to do with the geopolitical atmosphere between China and the UK which has gone up and down over the last few years (remember Huawei? 5G? Hong Kong riots?) and not just the Premier League's FFP. The truth is nobody knows what pressures they have had to contend with, but whatever they were (and are), Wolves will have likely felt the draught. So personally I don't think a lot of the speculation on this thread is worth wasting time on. It's based on zero knowledge of the facts that really matter, in all probability. And if Shi went tomorrow, what we'll get is another FOSUN employee, but with probably a lot less knowledge than him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather Moxey back at least he gave answers and worked well within our parameters Jeff just listening to Mendes

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could at the time .

But given the transfer fees are spread over the length of contract, it was a ridiculous assumption to assume Silva would step up to make the difference in the prem with almost zero profressional football experience.
But you're saying he should go because we couldn't afford them, and now saying we could at the time - so how is that a mistake??

From (rough) numbers we have (taking into account 20/21 was skewed with deferred wages which inflated them)

20/21
£194m turnover
£122m wages
£62m amortisation

21/22
£165m turnover
£104m wages
£61m amortisation

These are the main 'ingredients' for FFP workings out. The main differences in the turnover was we got £60m in sales in 20/21 compared to £15m in 21/22 and higher tv money (as it was deferred like the wages), so we were running pretty stably

Then last year we bought (rough numbers again)

Hwang £13m (four year deal £3.2m p/a)
Collins £20m (£4m p/a)
Nunes £38m (£7.6m p/a)
Guedes £27m (£5.4m p/a)
Kalajdzic £15m (£3m p/a)
Sarabia £4.5m (£1.5m p/a)
Lemina £9m (£3m p/a)
Dawson £3.3m (£1.1m p/a)
Gomes £15m (£2.5m p/a)

Also committed to signing Cunha and B Traore

So that's roughly £32m extra added to our amortisation costs, which last season we pretty much covered by selling MGW, Vinagre and loaning out Coady. Now we have to cover it again, but we have Cunha and Traore to add to the list so we're looking at total amortisation costs of well over £100m as opposed to roughly £60m two years ago, we have to plug that gap again while we're doing the rebuild, and on paper it's not that difficult to do (we also have to take into account wages of course, but with some higher earners leaving that'll contribute a lot to lowering that bill)

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally I don't think Fosun owe anything to us with regards to investing in the team. They've invested and its hardly their fault, we've wasted lots of it..
I also think a decent team could be build with some clever selling and buying this summer.
My sole problem in all of this if Lopetegui was given false promises about this summer and ends up walking away because of that.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t even put them in the same breath.

Moxey was a parasite, Jeff Shi has given us the best years many of us have had in years.

Not saying all is perfect but to compare these two is like day and night.
Just look at this season compared to 11/12. Shi threw money at survival and went all out to get a top class manager in, Moxey gave the job to Connor and sat in the corner counting his money

Back
Top Bottom