Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take it you ain't read much of the last pages.

Tell me you've not been reading the forum without telling me you ain't been reading the forum.
Doesn't look like we're gonna fill the number 9 position now after letting Fabio & Sasa go out on loan..

Armando Broja & Yuri Alberto appear no goers now so it looks like Matt Hobbs will be calling Diego Costa again or someone like him for a free after today?
Yes I've read the posts previous and like my post it's all speculation and hope we''ll get another striker in the next few hours..
My opinion is we won't get a number 9 today as we have the game tonight against Man Utd. Plus Matt Hobbs has said we want quality and to me Broja is no better than Sasa especially to layout £5m for AB for 5 months loan? So therefore more likely a free after today like we did as I said before with Diego Costa!

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky being complementary saying playing with Neto, Cunha and Hwang would be a very exciting proposition for him…..which it would be.

Also said Fulham can’t afford his wages which is interesting.

We create multiple quality chances in matches now, so we should be an exciting and tempting prospect for any striker

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we get Broja, is this a good window?
I’m really not sure.
Just because Chelsea are a big club doesn’t automatically mean players that aren’t quite good enough for them will be good for us. Add in the acl , and I think we’re taking a risk.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm finding this window thing really annoying today because it is distracting me completely from fact we have a big game tonight where a win will see us go 9th in table. There shouldn't be games the day a window closes.
Just tune in after the game bud nothing will happen before then

Reactions: LW1

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
This is about GON and about GON & Matt Hobbs as much as whether we need an extra forward or two.

If GON was promised at least one forward after we let Sasa and Fabio go quickly then it's important that Hoobs and Co keep going to the very end to do that. It might just bite the club in a few months or so if we don't.

And also, Fosun and Jeff are not necessarily going to green light a £20 million plus signing in the summer or even give GON all the (possible) Neto money in the summer. Just backing him now can help with the Fosun healing and just finding out more about Gary. If he get a tune out of the loan players it adds to the other really good things he has done already and more likely that Guo will get the project back on!

Someone said earlier about us being early to spot the FFP problems and a way out. It reminded me of when we were in the Championship with Nuno and Leeds and Villa were complaining about how we were operating. And Wolves basically said they'd got some great (Chinese) minds looking at the regulations and they were very confident it'd be alright. It ended up with Mendes bleeding edge not leading edge with Fabio and Guedes but Fosun like being in front or in the vanguard with how football operates. This is how Hobbs is operating - both as someone trusted by them not to waste money but also to direct and encourage them to follow the latest trends and innovate.

Hopefully, while I've written that, someone's been signed!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had an update on the Broja move… Talks are progressing from what Iv heard

Not who I wanted but not too fussed if he comes

For me depends entirely on the type of deal. If an option with a realistic price, then why not. Dry loan, straight buy or fixed obligation, no thanks unless the price is really low.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Schrödinger's Cat, as a thought experiment, states that if you seal a cat in a box with something that can eventually kill it, you won't know if the cat is alive or dead until you open the box. So, until you open the box and observe the cat, the cat is simultaneously dead and alive.

If a tree falls in a forest and there's nobody there.........

:cool:

mad_leaf

Reaction score
Shame about Yuri from the limited videos his touch and control looks much more suited to our style than broja.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me depends entirely on the type of deal. If an option with a realistic price, then why not. Dry loan, straight buy or fixed obligation, no thanks unless the price is really low.
We will find out later. Personally I don’t mind if we sign Broja or not but that’s my personal opinion based on what Iv seen of him.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just me who thinks Broja will opt for Fulham based on location?
Yes - footballers move to different parts of the country all the time, location is far less important than playing time, chances of silverware and pay packet to the vast majority of them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talks are progressing between Fulham and Chelsea over a potential move for striker Armando Broja.

One source has told Sky Sports News that Broja wants to make the move to Fulham.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knew he'd prefer Fulham if it came down to it. He doesn't have to move and he's got a better chance of starting there. Fair enough.
If he and this winger end up at Flum....

welcome back, Adama

Back
Top Bottom