Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options slowly drift away do we think its going to be a surprise lower league striker dashing up/down a motorway somewhere?

Take your pick

Bojan Miovski - Aberdeen, 24, 6'2", 11 goals this season, 27 goals in 59 games
Lawrence Shankland - Hearts, 28, 6'1", 14 goals this season, 47 goals in 76 games
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth, 23, 6'2", 15 goals this season, 16 goals in 30 games

Adam Armstrong - Southampton, 26, 5'8", 14 goals and 11 assists
Devante Cole - Barnsley, 28, 6'1", 16 goals & 3 assists, 32 goals in 97 games

I doubt any would be stella signings, but the lad from Aberdeen is probably the best shout.

Think Langstaff is a pretty good player, big step up but would only cost us 2m or so.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really stinks that we loaned out Sasa to Frankfurt only for them to beat us to our supposed #1 target.
****ing ridiculous planning, and we never seem to learn. We might end the window with 2 LESS strikers than we started with.
ekitike not number 1 target in anyway shape or form

ings broja adams

moved to yuri (bombed out)

Sasa will get gametime with hugo both at the same time, sasa playing focal up top 9 for them

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Starting to feel a bit late in the day for new names to develop. When was the last time we had a late bolt out the blue?

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports Deadline Day is quite funny ….. Keep going over to reporters stationed at each club who have **** all to report on….. basically a whole day talking about .,,,, virtually nothing
Who remembers the year the guy who waved a dildo in front of one of their live reporters? Hilarious

Last edited:

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting to feel a bit late in the day for new names to develop. When was the last time we had a late bolt out the blue?
Alfred N'Diaye - which, amidst all the last minute excitement produced this post which won the Mix that year in my view and still makes me laugh when I think back to it.

1706804290216.png

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't get is letting two strikers go at the same time. That seems mad to me. I know they weren't in Gary's plans but who thought that one up when we are down to the bare bones?
You’d think though that with Sasa having scored the winner in games for us, he’d have been worth keeping for now as injury to Cunha, or Hwang’s hamstring goes again, or Neto has another injury, and we are pretty light on alternatives. Imagine 2 of those 3 having injury at the same time. I’m only relaxed because we are already comfortable in the league and the chances of going down are so remote.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You’d think though that with Sasa having scored the winner in games for us, he’d have been worth keeping for now as injury to Cunha, or Hwang’s hamstring goes again, or Neto has another injury, and we are pretty light on alternatives. Imagine 2 of those 3 having injury at the same time. I’m only relaxed because we are already comfortable in the league and the chances of going down are so remote.
Honestly, I would start Fraser over Sasa. At least Fraser might give the team the running to compete out of possession. Sasa can score late goals when everyone else is already tired and he just has to camp in the box. That's about it.

Watch him at Frankfurt. He walks more than Messi. Maybe he can be played into fitness...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player we were linked with going elsewhere. Its over. Disappointing as we are a Cunha injury away from trouble and are relying on Neto staying fit and Hwang getting back soon. Tough as with so many games coming up and we are still in the cup. Could be a big opportunity missed if we get only one or two injuries in attack.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports Deadline Day is quite funny ….. Keep going over to reporters stationed at each club who have **** all to report on….. basically a whole day talking about .,,,, virtually nothing

Yep, been that way for years

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we need to remind ourselves, the remit was to not get relegated this season and we've pretty much achieved that already.

I'd rather wait until summer to not over pay and get a top target. No point overpaying for more rubbish, we've had enough of that in the past.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Every player we were linked with going elsewhere. Its over. Disappointing as we are a Cunha injury away from trouble and are relying on Neto staying fit and Hwang getting back soon. Tough as with so many games coming up and we are still in the cup. Could be a big opportunity missed if we get only one or two injuries in attack.
Agreed and it does tend to bite us.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we need to remind ourselves, the remit was to not get relegated this season and we've pretty much achieved that already.

I'd rather wait until summer to not over pay and get a top target. No point overpaying for more rubbish, we've had enough of that in the past.
Fair enough if in the summer we don't sell players then yet again the rebuild one liners come out from Shi and Hobbs . Just seems to me that we are bobbing about rather than been proactive as a club in the market .

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Gary O'Neal has done brilliantly for us since he's been at Wolves especially of late with coaching and getting best out of all our players like Matheus Cunha etc etc.

Yet when it comes to the transfer window though we have to thank Julen Lopetegu for persuading Matheus Cunha Craig Dawson & Mario Lemina to come to Wolves. As JL & Nuno have that big manager and multilingual persuasion that Gary O 'Neal has not got yet in his CV if you get my drift!
JL had money to spend in January, Gary doesn't

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough if in the summer we don't sell players then yet again the rebuild one liners come out from Shi and Hobbs . Just seems to me that we are bobbing about rather than been proactive as a club in the market .
We've been as proactive as it was possible for us in this window. We've tried with 3-4 realistic players and they've fell through for reasons totally beyond the club's control. If a club decides not to sell, an agent decides to get greedy and scupper the deal, a club goes insane and starts demanding ridiculous terms or a player just decides he doesn't want o come or wants to go elsewhere what is the club supposed to do? The club has been clear from the start the financial restrictions we are under, the kind of player they wanted and that they weren't just going to sign squad fillers just to get bodies in.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
We knew there is no value in the January window. I would much rather bide our time, and buy quality in the summer.

We will have better financial conditions ourselves, prices will be lower as lots of clubs struggle with PSR, and we have 3 months rather than 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom