Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knew he'd prefer Fulham if it came down to it. He doesn't have to move and he's got a better chance of starting there. Fair enough.
Understandable really. Especially as we’re both seemingly only offering an initial 6 month loan. Will be easier for him to quickly settle there and therefore go on to impress.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm finding this window thing really annoying today because it is distracting me completely from fact we have a big game tonight where a win will see us go 9th in table. There shouldn't be games the day a window closes.

A 1 or 2 goal winning margin gets us into 9th.

A 3 goal winning margin puts us 8th.

An (admittedly unlikely) 13 goal winning margin puts us into 7th.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Gary O'Neal has done brilliantly for us since he's been at Wolves especially of late with coaching and getting best out of all our players like Matheus Cunha etc etc.

Yet when it comes to the transfer window though we have to thank Julen Lopetegu for persuading Matheus Cunha Craig Dawson & Mario Lemina to come to Wolves. As JL & Nuno have that big manager and multilingual persuasion that Gary O 'Neal has not got yet in his CV if you get my drift!

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Gary O'Neal has done brilliantly for us since he's been at Wolves especially of late with coaching and getting best out of all our players like Matheus Cunha etc etc. :)
Yet when it comes to the transfer window though we have to thank Julen Lopetegu for persuading Matheus Cunha Matt Dawson & Mario Lemina to come to Wolves. As JL has that big manager and multilingual persuasion that Gary O 'Neal has not got yet in his CV if you get my drift!
Craig Dawesy?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Gary O'Neal has done brilliantly for us since he's been at Wolves especially of late with coaching and getting best out of all our players like Matheus Cunha etc etc. :)
Yet when it comes to the transfer window though we have to thank Julen Lopetegu for persuading Matheus Cunha Matt Dawson & Mario Lemina to come to Wolves. As JL has that big manager and multilingual persuasion that Gary O 'Neal has not got yet in his CV if you get my drift!

You may be right with Lopetegui helping persuade some big names.

But O'Neil deserves no criticism here. Absolutely not down to him. He has been badly let down by those above him.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank god we have such a good scouting and coaching team. Because we'd be royally ****ed with out competiveness in the market.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't forget Bournemouth signed some decent players based on GON and his teams analysis/recommendations so I trust his eye for a player. Hopefully come the summer we can unearth some 1st team ready talent from South America or other leagues.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking that Forest are in the **** financially but allowed to continue with scattergun approach. Seems to me that Fulham could also be in **** street before too long - surely they are close to ffp/psr limits?

I’m relaxed if we don’t bring anyone in, but feel it a bit of a strange/brave call to let so many go without any immediate replacements.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options slowly drift away do we think its going to be a surprise lower league striker dashing up/down a motorway somewhere?

Take your pick

Bojan Miovski - Aberdeen, 24, 6'2", 11 goals this season, 27 goals in 59 games
Lawrence Shankland - Hearts, 28, 6'1", 14 goals this season, 47 goals in 76 games
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth, 23, 6'2", 15 goals this season, 16 goals in 30 games

Adam Armstrong - Southampton, 26, 5'8", 14 goals and 11 assists
Devante Cole - Barnsley, 28, 6'1", 16 goals & 3 assists, 32 goals in 97 games

I doubt any would be stella signings, but the lad from Aberdeen is probably the best shout.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be early with this and we bring someone in but to have an 18 year old as our only natural striker if Cunha gets injured is not good squad planning let's all be real here...

No Hwang....Cunha centrally, Neto and Sarabia wider
Or...... Bellgegarde deeper and central, Cunha and Neto wider
No Cunha.... Hwang centrally, Neto and Sarabia wider
No Cunha or Hwang....Bellegarde deeper and central, Neto and Sarbia wider
Or...... Neto and Bellegarde up top, Sarabia or Doyle more advanced central midfielder

There's so many variations that will be preferred before Fraser starts in my opinion.

Bring in another more experienced forward and the number of variations goes up to about 12!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking that Forest are in the **** financially but allowed to continue with scattergun approach. Seems to me that Fulham could also be in **** street before too long - surely they are close to ffp/psr limits?

I’m relaxed if we don’t bring anyone in, but feel it a bit of a strange/brave call to let so many go without any immediate replacements.

Selling Palhinha in the summer maybe Robinson would put them in a nice spot with FFP probably

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
You may be right with Lopetegui helping persuade some big names.

But O'Neil deserves no criticism here. Absolutely not down to him. He has been badly let down by those above him.
All true.

I guess in some ways we're following Brighton - getting a reputation of a club that can consistently compete, well coached and will develop players for moves to big clubs and not stand in their way. That takes longer than a JLop phone call.

And I wonder if from the outside if we're further along that path than we think. 7th, 7th, 13th, 10th, 13th, 11th (currently)

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget Bournemouth signed some decent players based on GON and his teams analysis/recommendations so I trust his eye for a player. Hopefully come the summer we can unearth some 1st team ready talent from South America or other leagues.
Yes but Bournemouth now under their new manager Andoni Iraola in this Jan transfer window have bought a striker Enes Unal in
and sold or loaned Kieffer Moore who Wolves were after a few seasons ago.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options slowly drift away do we think its going to be a surprise lower league striker dashing up/down a motorway somewhere?

Take your pick

Bojan Miovski - Aberdeen, 24, 6'2", 11 goals this season, 27 goals in 59 games
Lawrence Shankland - Hearts, 28, 6'1", 14 goals this season, 47 goals in 76 games
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth, 23, 6'2", 15 goals this season, 16 goals in 30 games

Adam Armstrong - Southampton, 26, 5'8", 14 goals and 11 assists
Devante Cole - Barnsley, 28, 6'1", 16 goals & 3 assists, 32 goals in 97 games

I doubt any would be stella signings, but the lad from Aberdeen is probably the best shout.
Whittaker all day long but they want 6m and we ain’t paying that.

More chance of signing Diego Costa

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Matz Sels get bombed out by Newcastle because he was all over the place? Still can't be any worse than Turner though

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
It really stinks that we loaned out Sasa to Frankfurt only for them to beat us to our supposed #1 target.
****ing ridiculous planning, and we never seem to learn. We might end the window with 2 LESS strikers than we started with.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Free agent list it is!

Helder Costa on there?!

Could do a job as a backup winger until the end of the season. Guaranteed to pull out some magic that will at least be entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom