Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering neves was the only sale within the previous period (from what I read on here?) I would have thought we have the money to purchase Doyle.
end of the season isn’t it?

As for Bright said it many times, lovely guy surrounded by wrong uns

Rowzed

Reaction score
Pride before fall and all of that.

If they actually could be bothered to put some effort in. They both would have made decent footballers even at championship level. Instead it’s all down the drain. Attitude that clearly hasn’t got them very far in life……
At least we got a few mil for OO, Bright should have been sold after the league cup game away at City

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we got a few mil for OO, Bright should have been sold after the league cup game away at City
Is what it is.. They had the world of opportunity and blew it. How we made money on OO and not Bright is scandalous but it’s fine example of knowing when to move players on for resale value….

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read on MSN that City will come in for Neto. They lack a RW and Neto fits the bill. His countrymen friends at City are trying to persuade him to come. This might all be a load of *******s but if his form continues there will be a battle royal to sign him, I expect in the Summer. I wonder what his value could be if 2 or 3 clubs all want him?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read on MSN that City will come in for Neto. They lack a RW and Neto fits the bill. His countrymen friends at City are trying to persuade him to come. This might all be a load of *******s but if his form continues there will be a battle royal to sign him, I expect in the Summer. I wonder what his value could be if 2 or 3 clubs all want him?
£60/70m perhaps, which would be a great deal for us considering his injury record the last two seasons.

dnf14

Reaction score
One could argue a fair price for Neto would be around £50-60m with his injury record but I'd hope we push closer to £70-80m if only for the sake of a stronger bargaining position at least.
I'd be wanting to have a discussion with Citeh about Savio if they're trying the same bull**** they did with Nunes.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw reports yesterday that Liverpool may sell Kelleher in the summer. The Mail have linked us along with Celtic, Brentford and Brighton.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£60/70m perhaps, which would be a great deal for us considering his injury record the last two seasons.
Another account I read had it that Spurs were building up to making an offer of >£30m .... for Pit Bull .... it would seem we are faced with PL oblivion for circa £100m!
Buying to sell may be a sound tactic but the cost of getting the timing wrong are awesome.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring a stupid offer, which certainly won't come from Spurs, we're not selling Gomes now or the summer. Neto will probably go (if he avoids injuries) this summer and I could imagine us cashing in on Hwang if we get a serious offer. Plus the unwanted players we will take a hit on , Guedes, Fabio etc.
Neto alone gives us plenty of room to manoeuvre in the market.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another account I read had it that Spurs were building up to making an offer of >£30m .... for Pit Bull .... it would seem we are faced with PL oblivion for circa £100m!
Buying to sell may be a sound tactic but the cost of getting the timing wrong are awesome.
£60m absolute minimum

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I don’t want us to sell Sarabia I wouldn’t be surprised if this has legs. He’s far and away our highest earner and might be seen as one of the casualties to bring in a few players. Hope not, though, as we have nobody else like him in the squad.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I don’t want us to sell Sarabia I wouldn’t be surprised if this has legs. He’s far and away our highest earner and might be seen as one of the casualties to bring in a few players. Hope not, though, as we have nobody else like him in the squad.
Sarabia isnt going anywhere, its agent talk mendes etc

fleck1

Reaction score
What a ridiculous headline. At no point does he say players need to leave
No but the Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Man Utd fans aren't clicking for a read if they don't think Neto/Gomes are joining them for us to bring a loan in.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A story straight from the Bright playbook. Sad that such talented players just throw it away.
An agent of my acquaintance has told me that the problem may not be the young lad themselves but the parents/family who believe that because the lad has been signed by a Premier League team (or indeed a Championship one) that he is a gateway to riches. They proceed to try and 'milk' there asset encouraging him to ignore/contest advice of club/agent.

On the possible signing of Dia, it is the Irish word for God. Now who would have thought we might have a genuine God on our team.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An agent of my acquaintance has told me that the problem may not be the young lad themselves but the parents/family who believe that because the lad has been signed by a Premier League team (or indeed a Championship one) that he is a gateway to riches. They proceed to try and 'milk' there asset encouraging him to ignore/contest advice of club/agent.

On the possible signing of Dia, it is the Irish word for God. Now who would have thought we might have a genuine God on our team.
You mean another one? #oohbullybully

mad_leaf

Reaction score
Obviously it's too early for Gomes to move on. If he adds more to his game than pressing and tackling his value will increase immensely. His figures are already putting him at the top for tackling. So with one full season under his belt would he be equivalent to the prices quoted for Gallagher and Paulinho? He is younger than latter, which is better for his role as destructive midfielders tend to drop off a little sooner in their careers. 2 seasons of continuous development maybe even more? If Neto and kilman go summer 2024 £100m+ and the. Summer 2025 aitnouri and Gomes £100m+ and there would likely be moves for Cunha by then too. Wolves could be in a great position in terms of a) bringing quality young players in and b) highlighting the club as a great stepping stone. Thus completely switching to a Brighton format within 2 years from fire sale to avoid ffp. Then reliant on purchases which do seem in an upward trajectory.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really do hope so! I think Kelleher would be a perfect Sa replacement.
Just don't see this. Think it would be a massive risk as a new no 1 - very inexperienced and the games I've seen him play hasn't impressed at all. Would typically think a top 6 reserve keeper with only a few first team appearances would have a move as a no 1 to a Championship team. Grant he's had a few games for Ireland but so have Bazunu, Randolph and Travers and they never get mentioned.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously it's too early for Gomes to move on. If he adds more to his game than pressing and tackling his value will increase immensely. His figures are already putting him at the top for tackling. So with one full season under his belt would he be equivalent to the prices quoted for Gallagher and Paulinho? He is younger than latter, which is better for his role as destructive midfielders tend to drop off a little sooner in their careers. 2 seasons of continuous development maybe even more? If Neto and kilman go summer 2024 £100m+ and the. Summer 2025 aitnouri and Gomes £100m+ and there would likely be moves for Cunha by then too. Wolves could be in a great position in terms of a) bringing quality young players in and b) highlighting the club as a great stepping stone. Thus completely switching to a Brighton format within 2 years from fire sale to avoid ffp. Then reliant on purchases which do seem in an upward trajectory.
I hope we don’t move good players on until they have had three seasons with us. And to be fair we have done that in this Fosun era .

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just don't see this. Think it would be a massive risk as a new no 1 - very inexperienced and the games I've seen him play hasn't impressed at all. Would typically think a top 6 reserve keeper with only a few first team appearances would have a move as a no 1 to a Championship team. Grant he's had a few games for Ireland but so have Bazunu, Randolph and Travers and they never get mentioned.

I've been aware of him for a long time while watching Ireland. He's definitely talented and has been a solid no2 for Liverpool but Kelleher for me me needs to be a number 1 somewhere for a few years before he would have a chance to play as no1 for a PL team. Liverpool always want good money for their academy players too so it's not even a low fee.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A little off topic… but where do we think Jose will turn up next? Newcastle maybe? Lopetegui might want to give up on his hopes now!

tikatyboo

Reaction score
I was in school with a lad that Arsenal were interested in, at 14 years old. It was unheard of for any club to want a player from our school to attend trials. He couldn’t be bothered, rather be with his mates he said.

I played in the local team with him a few years later. He never trained, smoked 20 a day and drank like a fish. Still the best player on the pitch by a country mile, when he turned up.

The coach would be ringing around on the morning of the game trying to find out which party he was at, the night before. Then one of us would get a call back with the location and have to pick him up. Amazing days but I still wonder to this day if he would have got right to the top with the right attitude.
now that rings a bell, i was player/manager for a team in the Sandwell Sunday League, many many years ago, had exactly the same problem, find him first, then play him, but he was exceptional, guy named Banjo, if hes reading, led me a merry dance, but he was good.

Back
Top Bottom