Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Danny Ings is that the level we are now at??

Rather give Fraser a chance at least he has promise for a fraction of the price. Less injured and more mobile

Get rid of two striker and trying to sign someone who’s injury prone. What is the point seriously. We are trying to change something that isn’t broken Hwang Cunha can play down the middle so can Fraser

JJ59

Reaction score
West Ham are always difficult with Wolves over transfers, remember the Dawson saga plus they promoted a trainer to prevent him joining GON. We should walk away, Ings situation reminds me of when we purchased Steve Claridge specifically to score goals. He made 5 appearance, mobile as a carthorse on field, failed to score once and the fans lost patience with him. Not a happy scene. I would love a successful Ings but.....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not necessarily about being fussy, it's about all the available evidence suggesting that Spence is not the right character to have around our tight-knit squad, who have been excelling in terms of application and attitude.

Spence's famous social media post after Forest were promoted was in response to Warnock saying that Spence's attitude would see him playing non-league within a few seasons. After a failed move to Spurs, and a failed Championship loan spell where Leeds manager Farke again criticised his attitude, all the evidence points to his attitude consistently being a problem. Warnock could well be proven right the way his career trajectory is going!

Same with Dennis. Some of the stories at all his previous clubs suggest he's not the sort of person we should be taking a gamble on. It's not like he's a world-beater. Much rather we go for good pros like Ings. I was a big advocate for signing Danny Welbeck before he went to Brighton too. Think good experienced pros can really add something to a young squad like ours! Bad pros wouldn't.

Anyone who has the attitude of Spence should be nowhere near our squad. My daughter works at Boro, and heard from others inside the club what their views on Spence was while there. The fact he failed to make a mark at Spurs, and has been sent back by Leeds with rumours of a “poor attitude”, reinforces that it’s him and not just a specific club or coach has has a problem with. It’s a shame, as the lad is talented, but it happens unfortunately that some fail to realise their potential because of their attitude.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score

Rather give Fraser a chance at least he has promise for a fraction of the price. Less injured and more mobile

Get rid of two striker and trying to sign someone who’s injury prone. What is the point seriously. We are trying to change something that isn’t broken Hwang Cunha can play down the middle so can Fraser
Problem with this is throwing Fraser into the premier league when he's had no senior level experience. He's got promise but he's nowhere near ready for prem yet. Even from the bench.
He's got a knock at the moment but he definitely needs game time in League 1-2.

If we signed Ings, surely it's just a short term cover thing in a season when we're likely to be mid table. Which we would've all taken 3 days before the season started

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather we go for Cornet at West Ham than Ings. Did really well at Burnley but never really done much at West Ham but can play across the three and is quick. Maybe try a loan for him.
would agree with this 100%

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with this is throwing Fraser into the premier league when he's had no senior level experience. He's got promise but he's nowhere near ready for prem yet. Even from the bench.
He's got a knock at the moment but he definitely needs game time in League 1-2.

If we signed Ings, surely it's just a short term cover thing in a season when we're likely to be mid table. Which we would've all taken 3 days before the season started
He’s decent enough from the bench no?

Ings is 100% waste of money we all know it. May as well throw Neto up front

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong on so many levels.

Skilled, strong, loyal, likeable, a staple of our mandated requirement to have at least 7 players from British isles, Kilman is key player to both the spine and spirit of the team.

I convinced that the FIFA game has destroyed some fans' ability to understand real world football.

Have absolutely no idea what the Fifa game reference means, I am an adult and haven't played computer games for decades.

Bottom line is that Kilman has looked poor pretty regularly this season and a 40 million fee would be at least double what he is worth.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so one are we going warm weather training now?

two gon wants a winger and striker and we have let sasa go so surely there are irons in the fire, even as an alternative to ings

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rather than Ings, I'd take any 25ish year old striker from abroad or the championship on loan, if he proves himself then gets a deal, surely that's a more logical use of money! Paying a loan fee for Ings as well as those wages just seems like madness to me.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
He’s decent enough from the bench no?

Ings is 100% waste of money we all know it. May as well throw Neto up front
I wouldn't risk him from the bench. Likely to get 5-10 minutes cameos as we've seen for Sasa/Fabio.
In those minutes, if he doesn't get the ball or gets dominated by smart experienced defenders. Risk crushing a lads confidence before it's even had chance to flourish.

Hopefully Ings is a smokescreen

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than Ings, I'd take any 25ish year old striker from abroad or the championship on loan, if he proves himself then gets a deal, surely that's a more logical use of money! Paying a loan fee for Ings as well as those wages just seems like madness to me.
Morgan whittaker any lad other than ings, he will get injured knowing our luck within first 15 mins

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is any truth in the Ings stuff.....then it could have a positive twist ....cause surely if we can pay Ings wages , then surely Ekitike won't be a problem as we thought.....I'm still hoping it's a smokescreen to put west ham of the scent for Ekitike..

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have absolutely no idea what the Fifa game reference means, I am an adult and haven't played computer games for decades.

Bottom line is that Kilman has looked poor pretty regularly this season and a 40 million fee would be at least double what he is worth.
Who cares what he's worth. it's how much we could wring out of anyone who wanted to buy him that matters. Or are we happy to be the Greater Fool?

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Morgan whittaker any lad other than ings, he will get injured knowing our luck within first 15 mins
Totally agree, surely the carrot to the club of a decent loan fee and to the player, prove yourself and you'll get a deal is a draw enough. Whoever comes in will get playing time so they won't have to worry about not being given a chance.

fleck1

Reaction score

Fraser is miles off Premier League football, he will struggle to hold down a starting place in League one. He was totally lost coming on against Ipswich, he may well be a talented young player but he's nowhere near the level right now. Danny Ings doesn't overly inspire me but we seem to have got more right in the last couple of windows than wrong, an experienced bench option with no obligation at the end isn't the end of the world.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to you getting the Chief Scout of DoF job next time it is advertised!!!
I can only judge things on the basis of what I’ve seen. Put it another way, if we’d paid £40m for Kilman would you think that was good value based on what you’ve seen, as I wouldn’t?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Makes literally 0 sense. A lad who has scored 70 Premier league goals, still only 31 and his injury record is fine.
Morgan whittaker, would take investment, he's crucial to Plymouth, they aren't just going to give him away.
And for Ekikte. Has everyone just gone blind due to the unknown being exciting. Literally nothing there in the slightest to suggest he is Premier league ready.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The fifa dig was in reference to me originally suggesting i wouldnt be averse to letting kilman go for 40m and to let Sa go for big money if it gave the chance to bring in and develop some players in readiness for next season, the same as we did with gomes as neves understudy, then i got accused that life isnt like fifa. I like you am an adult and havent played fifa for years, so decided to ignore what i am sure was meant as a dig at my perceived lack of understanding of football.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I would have signed Ings a few seasons back when Villa got him but I wouldn't now .

This season for me was about survival and then hopefully whilst many teams have to get their squads in order in the summer due to FFP then we could spend. So I would have gone the way of bringing in a young player below 25 to then bed them in for next season . As Ings would be a short term fix when we have realistically limited chance of doing anything this season . Rather than a younger player that could progress and then double in value. So a Bellgarde type signing for the striker position would have been my route if they do sign Ings.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Christ, the meltdown here if we paid 40 million for Kilman.
We overvalue our players all the time. People thinking we cld still get 25m for traore with one year left on his contract, peaking at 70m when he was on form for half a season. Neves was the exception and that is only because of arab money otherwise we would have been hard pushed to get in excess of 30m for him.

Kilman is a good solid centre back, not exceptional, doesnt appear to be anywhere near the england squad, yet some think he is worth as much as maguire when he moved to manu whose profile and performances Were far higher playing very well for england and leicester. The market has changed since as well. Less and less teams seem to have the excesses of money that they used to have, with even the likes of man and chelsea being resticted by ffp.

I dont want us to sell our crown jewells like any other fan, but for kilmans attributes, that could be replaced with much less than 40m

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relax lads. Antonio is out for 6 weeks so no chance West Ham let Ings go anywhere now

Yeah, I can't see it happening unless they're trying to sign someone.

It's highly likely we are fishing in similar pools too. They could be stringing us along to try and lessen any competition.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We overvalue our players all the time. People thinking we cld still get 25m for traore with one year left on his contract, peaking at 70m when he was on form for half a season. Neves was the exception and that is only because of arab money otherwise we would have been hard pushed to get in excess of 30m for him.

Kilman is a good solid centre back, not exceptional, doesnt appear to be anywhere near the england squad, yet some think he is worth as much as maguire when he moved to manu whose profile and performances Were far higher playing very well for england and leicester. The market has changed since as well. Less and less teams seem to have the excesses of money that they used to have, with even the likes of man and chelsea being resticted by ffp.

I dont want us to sell our crown jewells like any other fan, but for kilmans attributes, that could be replaced with much less than 40m
I'd say the opposite and that we constantly undervalue our players. Kilman is valued at 35m Euro's on Transfermarkt. Add the English premium on top of that and that goes up to over £50m

People have been saying Neto is only worth £40-50m. No other club supporters would be happy to let him go for that when the likes of Rice, Grealish, and Caciedo went for over £100m.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say the opposite and that we constantly undervalue our players. Kilman is valued at 35m Euro's on Transfermarkt. Add the English premium on top of that and that goes up to over £50m

People have been saying Neto is only worth £40-50m. No other club supporters would be happy to let him go for that when the likes of Rice, Grealish, and Caciedo went for over £100m.
Exactly the precedent has been set by brighton for fees we can hold out for what we want

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly the precedent has been set by brighton for fees we can hold out for what we want
There just won't be a market for takers at those ridiculous prices is my guess. FFP being what it is...Chelsea, arsenal, man utd are all going to be a lot quieter.

Brighton's out and out mugging of Chelsea remains so funny.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looking at the players in our side at the moment, Kilman, Joao Gomes, Ait Nouri, Neto, Hwang and Cunha could all command fees well in excess of their actual value if someone wants them enough.

Brighton never worry about selling anyone, as they've often got an ace up their sleeve with a ready made replacement. We need to get to that point.

dnf14

Reaction score
Still getting name-checked for Ekitike

After Wolfsburg, which has concretely positioned itself for a loan, the English club has officially entered the race for the signature of the Paris-SG center forward.

Hugo Ekitike (21 years old, under contract until 2027) will have no shortage of suitors to leave Paris this winter. The attacker is slowly getting closer to a departure. For several days, Wolfsburg has been studying the possibility of bringing the striker on a paid loan without a purchase option. From internal sources, the Germans will have to face competition from Wolverhampton, currently eleventh in the Premier League. The English club approached Paris-Saint-Germain to move forward on a loan with an option. These are, to date, the two clubs most urgent to bring in the former Rémois.
Wonder what's happened with the widely reported move for Little Lemina, there's been radio silence for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom