Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curious - when Hwang is back does Etitike start and, if so, who for?

Genuine question as I have no idea. Not negative as we clearly need (at least) another person to replace Sasa and Silva.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Genuine question as I have no idea. Not negative as we clearly need (at least) another person to replace Sasa and Silva.

If Korea make it to the final which they should be expecting, 10th Feb is the final date, so mid to late feb ?

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It will depend on form but it will also allow us to make meaningful subs up top when Hwang gets tired.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

You’d imagine he’d come on for the last 20 or when Hwang is knackered

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming the Ekitike rumours are true.....we have surely the capacity now after the temporary departures of Fabio and Sasa to offer some pretty hefty wages on a short term-5 month basis. Sasa was on at least 40k wasn't he and Fabio around 60k? (some say more). If that is the case then even Ekitike's reported 80k is within reach on a short term basis. Of course you would hope PSG might subsidise part of that salary also. Not sure what is the top salary at Wolves right now with Nunes, Neves, Moutinho etc departed. Perhaps Cunha on around 50k/60k a week?Hobbs won't want to upset the current salary scale too much but strikers are always expensive and that has, to some extent, to be taken on board by other squad members. There is also a possible £2m coming in for Cundle and perhaps £1m-2m for Jonny eventually to strengthen our hand on wages.

Apart from all that it all comes down to whether he fancies Wolves in the first place and the Premier League itself. You would hope Sarabia might put in a good word and Traore and Ait-Nouri are French speakers who could help his integration into the squad. So it would all seem to be in the balance with named alternatives infinitely less attractive imv. As always, the longer 'negotiations' are rumoured to be going on the more likely a West Ham, Fulham or German/French club will snatch him under our noses. But if it's meant to happen for us it will.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d imagine he’d come on for the last 20 or when Hwang is knackered
If he comes he gives us options as Hwang isn’t a natural centre forward so you could start Hwang and Cunha as the wide forwards or Cunha and Neto etc. what it could mean is that you could change the whole forward line at the hour mark and not diminish the quality.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nice problem to have. Injuries/suspensions/loss of form/changes in tactics will all play their part in making sure Ekitike or whoever would have plenty of opportunities. Personally, if we got him, I would like to see him dovetailing with Cunha (in particular), Neto and Hwang just behind him, especially at home. Five at the back when playing away.
Ekitike
Hwang Cunha Neto
Gomes Lemina
Semedo Kilman Dawson Ait-Nouri
Sa

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people might find they appreciate Killman more after he leaves; his absence would be noticed.
A lot of the good stuff Killman does goes under the radar because he is generally so calm and composed it goes slightly unnoticed.
I agree with this but I also think that everyone has a price and £40m is a good deal...

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I challenge any WUM to say that what Wolves have done here is wrong.

Giving him time to settle before his wife gives birth is obviously the right thing to do. Some things matter more than having someone available as back up.

The human decisions by the likes of Hobbs will only improve our brand and ability to attract the right sorts of players - reflects the team mentality being fostered by GON.

Yet again Hobbs shows why he is the right man for the job.
I sort of agree but if we were in the relegation zone at this point in time it would not be easy to be so amenable.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love Max, I just think 40m is a very good deal for a player at his level.
I understand that 40 million is a good price and it could be reinvested, but those saying we should sell for that price cannot then complain about Fosun's then perceived lack of ambition for our club. If we are to build for top 8 consistently then we must keep key players, like our captain. With Neto, and I love him by the way, it's different. He's been here, done really well, been really unlucky with injuries, but has always given 100% and we knew he'd move on eventually. That money will be reinvested and we seemingly have replacement lined up for the summer.
Kilman is different, he is our captain, shows no desire to move on, and is a massively important part of our next 2 or 3 seasons. To sell him to West Ham would be a signal that we are content to be mid to lower table. And I genuinely believe Fosun has set our sights higher.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GON has said a few times recently that he wants to bring in a 9 so that Hwang and Cunha can play in their more natural roles. While they can both finish, and cover as a 9, they are even better played as second strikers or wide forwards. Gary seems to like mobile players who can find space and press without the ball - players who can join a Hwang or Cunha or Neto, while he’s here, in a move following a transition, find space and finish reliably.

Neither Fabio or Sasa have really shown themselves strongest in doing both tasks. Some of the older forwards we’ve been linked to like Ings used to have these attributes, but it’s doubtful they could do that for 90+ mins now, if at all. Whether Etitike is the right man or not, I’ll leave to better informed posters to comment!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If West Ham offer 40m plus add ons and sell on fee for Kilman then fair enough sell him the French lads mentioned would maybe come here. Kevin Danso - HG & Maxine Lacroix. Seal both names for 40m and a huge upgrade in the process at centre back.

Let’s face it 100% profit on Kilman I think a sell on fee goes to the non league club

Wheeling and dealing is how we will progress you just have to be good at it like brighton

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where would Carvalho fit into the team? Kind of a Bellegarde role?

(By the way, I was impressed with JRB's ability further back in the middle...he provides cover there....great versatility).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where would Carvalho fit into the team? Kind of a Bellegarde role?

(By the way, I was impressed with JRB's ability further back in the middle...he provides cover there....great versatility).
He is a player we seem to have a long standing interest in....would boost the numbers.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will, I can't see how we'd be offer to him the game time Liverpool would want. I know this was discussed heavily days ago.
I'd welcome him over some of the names we've been linked with
We can't promise him starts but I think he can be guaranteed minutes as such......as we are light in the squad...... guaranteed a place on the bench and the rest is up to him.......we seem to have a long standing interest in him....

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
We can't promise him starts but I think he can be guaranteed minutes as such......as we are light in the squad...... guaranteed a place on the bench and the rest is up to him.......we seem to have a long standing interest in him....
After his move to Leipzig, I'd have thought Liverpool would want him starting as much as possible. The championship links surprise me. They'd want him either in the prem or at a team in a European competition still.

He'd certainly get minutes here. Just unsure on starts

Back
Top Bottom