Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1f3f4-e0067-e0062-e0065-e006e-e0067-e007f.svg
Wolverhampton is making progress in the Hugo Ekitike file.It is also the club most advanced in the file!
1f1eb-1f1f7.svg
The French striker has not yet made a decision on his future destination.
@Djaameel_

Media Parisien are followed by Fab so I think theyre rebutable source

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike is a massive talent. He made a huge mistake going to PSG when his stock was high. That's set him back two years. Loan with an option to buy would be amazing. See if GON can get a tune out of him and kickstart his career again.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike is a massive talent. He made a huge mistake going to PSG when his stock was high. That's set him back two years. Loan with an option to buy would be amazing. See if GON can get a tune out of him and kickstart his career again.
thanks for the insight, I know nothing of him

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of the strikers linked Ekitike is by far the most exciting, the rest are all meh tbh. Be hugely surprised if it happened but looks like we're trying

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst still young, his goal scoring at international u20 and a poor french league doesn't strike me as someone who can come in and score goals on the worlds best league when Hwang is absent. Can he play anywhere across the front 3?

And he's behind Rutter at Leeds for the France u21s?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Would Hugo Eketite be the right option for someone to come in and have an impact sounds a bit Fabio like to me?

dnf14

Reaction score
Would Hugo Eketite be the right option for someone to come in and have an impact sounds a bit Fabio like to me?
Fabio was signed as a young unproven player from Porto's bench, at least Ekitike has a decent record in one of the stronger leagues in Europe.

Look at it this way, our choices are:
Hugo Ekitike
Danny Ings
Che Adams
Durosinmi (injured)
Dia (AFCON/injured)

His only real competition is Che Adams imo and at least Ekitike has scope to improve, I can see why he may be the preferred option.

Rowzed

Reaction score
This is an interesting one worthy of debate. I actually agree with you. I think him saying he isn't going anywhere in January is nice, but in reality, let's get a full season.
On the other hand, is he another Jota? Supremely talented but injury prone?
Take the money
No player should be kept if they are doing you a favour. If the money being offered is good and the move is right for them then it’s good for all parties. A serious injury can happen any time and then that’s messed all the plans of player and club. Neto was potentially off for big money to Liverpool / Arsenal the season his knee went on him. prices have doubled since then. His amazing positivity will be missed but he needs to go this summer for everyone’s sake. Whoever gets him will be very lucky, but we cant afford to hang on again.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is a much more ready and able striker for the age at a senior level than Fabio.

Would offer a lot more than fabio in terms of what GON wants in a striker too.

Not a slight to Fabio, but Hugo is far more of a system player for us.

Would be a fantastic signing

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ffp is real it doesn't matter if your owners have billions, watch Newcastle this window they can't spend. So you either sell and reinvest, you do silly contracts aka Chelsea which is just crazy or you breach and hope for forgiveness. Forgiveness has gone! We will have to sell just like Brighton have done, it's the smart approach it's rubbish as fans as you lose player connection but it allows the club to be competitive and grow to be a force!
Question? is it a coincidence Villa sell there best player for years but then gain buying power to invest and are now reaping benefits. It's the only way to compete it's not about being a selling club the figures are so big now it's the only way to compete
Spot on. I heard a good interview with Bournemouth's owner this morning and he insisted whilst they didn't have to sell any of their better players from a financial viability perspective, they were left with no choice during the summer due to FFP.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t have a striker. Ings is a decent striker when fit. He’s only on loan. We start a fresh in the summer but still be good to finish high as possible this year. West Ham will cover most his wages.

Struggling to see why the negativity.

We have had our fare share of injury prone, past it or not good enough strikers.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really do think positive looked fantastic scoring goals in the french league. Was touted for a big move got psg. And then they didn't use him because of other players signed in his positions.

Needs game time and an arm round so our new family and team environment would help

We have french speakers now in lemina, b traore and ran

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hear me out. If we do want ings surely you get it done as early as possible now , send the loan offer and try and give him minutes against Brentford in the cup unless he's cultured.

Just still I get he's a 9 option but it's suppose to be immediate impact I can't see him leading the line, been woeful for west ham this year.

Seems unfit lost a yard and lost his ability to finish a chance

He was at one point lethal

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an interesting one worthy of debate. I actually agree with you. I think him saying he isn't going anywhere in January is nice, but in reality, let's get a full season.
On the other hand, is he another Jota? Supremely talented but injury prone?

Really do think positive looked fantastic scoring goals in the french league. Was touted for a big move got psg. And then they didn't use him because of other players signed in his positions.

Needs game time and an arm round so our new family and team environment would help

We have french speakers now in lemina, b traore and ran
And he must know Sarabia.

Reaction score
Hear me out. If we do want ings surely you get it done as early as possible now , send the loan offer and try and give him minutes against Brentford in the cup unless he's cultured.

Just still I get he's a 9 option but it's suppose to be immediate impact I can't see him leading the line, been woeful for west ham this year.

Seems unfit lost a yard and lost his ability to finish a chance

He was at one point lethal
We have to assume the scouting reports were better than this summary or we’re in deep trouble for future targets

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to assume the scouting reports were better than this summary or we’re in deep trouble for future targets
I agree but just can't see how ings makes an immediate impact he can't get in west ham side has been cross is on huge wages etc

He scores around 6 to 7 goals in a full season or has done for last couple of years.

Has done nothing all year, I'd be interested to see if he plays against city today for west ham in cup

Reaction score
I agree but just can't see how ings makes an immediate impact he can't get in west ham side has been cross is on huge wages etc

He scores around 6 to 7 goals in a full season or has done for last couple of years.

Has done nothing all year, I'd be interested to see if he plays against city today for west ham in cup
Lest we forget he turned us down to go to West Ham as well.. can’t be a goer can it??

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Suspect there’s an interconnected deal being worked on that includes Sasa, Ekitike, Lemina Jnr. Sounds like there’s one piece of the jigsaw that’s more difficult to place

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With FFP tight and low on funds ... straight loan maybe our only option in January.....diallo and say Hugo Ekitike from PSG are realistic options in January for straight loans , if that is all you can negotiate...

Agreeing to over inflated obligation to buy might not be our best solution...
Good aye he this Disco fella.... November 9th...I said that ....the new 'mystic meg'......post 72...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Sasa is still firmly part of the plans at the moment. He's a consideration every time we pick at team and every time we make a sub.

"At this moment in time, with the numbers we have, Sasa definitely won't be going anywhere."

Comments from a week ago. Don’t get it. But let’s hope something is close.

Back
Top Bottom