Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jacket IN!!

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Enough of the jacket out posts! He is a great manager, compare our flowing and passing football against MCCarthy and Saunders crap! It is modern and majority of teams play like this.

The problem we have is funding replacement players and wages!

How were we meant to replace Sako with low wage offerings and poxy bids? That is moxey Morgan and thelwell at fault here! NOT jacket.

Those going to Preston must get behind Kenny and show him we do back HIM

F

FLEET WOLF

Enough of the jacket out posts! He is a great manager, compare our flowing and passing football against MCCarthy and Saunders crap! It is modern and majority of teams play like this.

How were we meant to replace Sako with low wage offerings and poxy bids? That is moxey Morgan and thelwell at fault here! NOT jacket.

Moxey bids more like!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flowing and passing football?????
He is such a great manager but I wish I could spell his name.

D

Deleted member 4456

Have you seen the dross being served at Wolves right now?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate the sentiment but we were frankly dreadful last night, and endlessly passing it around defence and midfield isn't creating chances.

We desperately need some proper wingers - signing Shola Ameobi while the likes of Boro sign Stuart Downing and David Nugent isn't helping to keep fans on board either.

Unfortunately for Jackett, he did a great job in his first season, a solid effort last season, so expectations are high. That plus the need to gain promotion due to the threat of the new sky money potentially creating a closed shop in the premier league means that patience is going to run thin.

I'd love him to succeed, but I don't know where the change around in form is going to come from. The saving grace at the start of the season was that our fixture list was comparatively difficult, and we showed we could score goals against QPR. Problem is that we're constantly chasing games and a goal deficit now, and we're fresh out of excuses too.

What should have been a great season is shaping up for a potential relegation battle.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who's choice was it to spunk £2 million on a central mid that we didn't need?
Who's choice was it to sell stearman?
Who turned down Sammy Ameiobi?
Who shoehorned a complete donkey into the side at every opportunity?
Who played a winger who can't score for toffee up front last night?

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

the football being served up is dross at best his tactics are poor his subs are poor his formation is poor

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have you seen the dross being served at Wolves right now?

Yes I'm a season ticket holder.

Yes I know shoehorning players into left wing etc isn't helping. He signed OJo on loan, but that's probably due to restrictions in transfer fees. He can only get what the board authorise

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is this a joke?

F

FLEET WOLF

I appreciate the sentiment but we were frankly dreadful last night, and endlessly passing it around defence and midfield isn't creating chances.

We desperately need some proper wingers - signing Shola Ameobi while the likes of Boro sign Stuart Downing and David Nugent isn't helping to keep fans on board either.

Unfortunately for Jackett, he did a great job in his first season, a solid effort last season, so expectations are high. That plus the need to gain promotion due to the threat of the new sky money potentially creating a closed shop in the premier league means that patience is going to run thin.

I'd love him to succeed, but I don't know where the change around in form is going to come from. The saving grace at the start of the season was that our fixture list was comparatively difficult, and we showed we could score goals against QPR. Problem is that we're constantly chasing games and a goal deficit now, and we're fresh out of excuses too.

What should have been a great season is shaping up for a potential relegation battle.

Is it all a cunning plan by KJ to make a point to Morgan and Moxey?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it all a cunning plan by KJ to make a point to Morgan and Moxey?

I think Jose Mourinho is the only one who can get away with that kind of unsubtle brinksmanship (was that now how he got a recent signing by shoehorning someone into defence to prove a point?) Unfortunately it's looking more and more the case that M and M are leaving managers high and dry. i wonder if the Solbakken experience has left them wary of splashing the cash.

Counter argument of course is that we didn't accept the money from Norwich for Afobe, but on current form even that looks a bad decision.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I'm a season ticket holder.

Yes I know shoehorning players into left wing etc isn't helping. He signed OJo on loan, but that's probably due to restrictions in transfer fees. He can only get what the board authorise
That has not answered andy's question.

E

Essex Wolf

HC, it will never be any different at Wolves or any other club. When the team performs badly, results are poor and the manager seemingly bereft of ideas but full of lame excuses people will ask questions and want better.

KJ got Wolves promoted from L1 where he had very good squad and Wolves were the largest fish in the L1 pond. I'd hardly say that justifies him being classes as a great manager because beyond that what has he achieved?

The loss of Sako has sent the club/team/KJ into a tailspin and there is no sign of it stopping but certainly more to indicate it will just carry on and gather momentum. There was absolutely no need to change the whole playing ethos yet Sako's loss has changed so many things when it really would have been so much better and simpler to just find a player to replace him. Might not have ben as good but was there really any need to go to the extremes KJ has?

The signings of Coady, Wallace and Byrne are all looking rather pointless just now so another £3M wasted. When you add that to the money spent on Saville it raises questions about KJ's nous when looking t make the required signings.

However I do agree it's not all KJ's fault. He I just one of a few people who are letting the club down.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you lot gunning for him should stay away on Saturday.

The players are already low on confidence, your added negativity will only bring one result, or perhaps that's what you want !!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The players are already low on confidence, your added negativity will only bring one result, or perhaps that's what you want !!
If the players are low on confidene becasue of comments on this site then it would not be surprising that they haven't got the backbone to face their opponents.
Maybe though you are right and we have more influence on the team than Kenny has.

D

Deleted member 4436

Assume that logic applies to last night too - or was it the 312 fans fault that we mustered 1 shot on target (again!)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, I don't think Jackett is the problem.

E

Essex Wolf

I'll be there GA but to offer support so no fear I'll be creating any negativity at the game but I'm fully expecting there to be plenty about and go a goal down and reckon the chants of Morgan/Moxey/Jackett out will start.

I agree, I don't think Jackett is the problem.

And if not then the issue is Morgan unless they are all of the same mind?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the players are low on confidene becasue of comments on this site then it would not be surprising that they haven't got the backbone to face their opponents.
Maybe though you are right and we have more influence on the team than Kenny has.

The players are low on confidence because of results, if they have any sense they won't trawl forums like these.

My point is that negativity should be kept solely for message boards, and not carried through the turnstiles !

I feel there are some who want Wolverhampton Wanderers to fail right now, and I don't share in their sentiments that's all.

A

AlexWWFC

The players are low on confidence because of results, if they have any sense they won't trawl forums like these.

My point is that negativity should be kept solely for message boards, and not carried through the turnstiles !

I feel there are some who want Wolverhampton Wanderers to fail right now, and I don't share in their sentiments that's all.

Sorry mate but way off the mark, I dont agree with a lot of the negativity on here but there complaining because we are losing and playing poor football, do you really think they would be complaining g if we were doing well?

There may be mutterings in the crowd of unhappiness but the chanting is all supportive and that includes many on here who are negative, I disagree with plenty on here but saying they want the team to fail is just ridiculous.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Confidence is a large part of how a sportsman performs and therefore is part of a managers remit. There are brilliant performance coaches out there and considering the money there is in football these days is a good investment rarely used. Good managers make their players believe. Good managers do not come out with the garbage that Jackett has lately.
Second point is we are talking about these message boards. Even though if it was spilling on to the pitch a good manager knows what to do with his players to negate any constant reaction from the fans.
And I dont believe any Wolves fan wants Jackett to fail but some of us actually recognise that if someone is not performing he should not be part of an organisation that needs to perform well.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gap in perspective between the thousands of Wolves supporters who go to home games and those of us on here is massive. The calls to sack managers are regular on here and if the club followed this logic, we'd have two or more managers a season. Every worker, including managers and staff, have periods when things don't go right, but its the long term that matters and I am with HC on this. KJ has proved how good he is and is not the paymaster who decides who we sign and on what wages + he certainly isn't the one who injured Danny Batth or Dicko, which has cost us dear both in terms of attack and defence and is still doing so.

E

Essex Wolf

Pengwern, have you any idea why KJ made the signings of Saville, Wallace, Coady or, Byrne? If it wasn't he who made the decision to make those signings then who?

If they weren't decisions made by KJ why is he still at the club being undermined?

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pengwern, have you any idea why KJ made the signings of Saville, Wallace, Coady or, Byrne? If it wasn't he who made the decision to make those signings then who?

If they weren't decisions made by KJ why is he still at the club being undermined?

Are you saying that those 4 players are already judged to be failures?

E

Essex Wolf

Are you saying that those 4 players are already judged to be failures?

Much as I'd like to say of course not to all 4 WIW I think in the case of Saville it's fairly safe to say things haven't exactly worked out that well. Been at Wolves over a year now and failed to make any worthy impression and even when loaned to Bristol City, who at the time were a L1 side, he done nothing.

As for the rest. To write them off already would be folly but it concerns me, and I said at the relevant times, that Wolves were signing lower league players that offered no championship experience and were likewise unproven at that level. Coady, the only signing I feel so far, who may offer something of note has gone a bit of the boil.

Still early days obviously but my main point and issue is were any of these players really needed to start with?

At the end of last season the Wolves midfield that played throughout the season had mostly consisted of Sako, RVLP, Henry, Edwards, Price and McDonald with Evans and Jacobs contributing to a small degree. Apologies if anyone missed out here.

Sako leaves and all that was needed was a player to replace him. Accept it was going to be nigh on impossible to find someone as good but basically put and in a nutshell all that was needed was a LW player. Instead KJ bought players that offer nothing like Sako at all so what exactly were they signed for?

Wolves have a glut of midfield players now and are again top heavy in certain position but feather light in others. Just makes no sense?:confused:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gap in perspective between the thousands of Wolves supporters who go to home games and those of us on here is massive. The calls to sack managers are regular on here and if the club followed this logic, we'd have two or more managers a season. Every worker, including managers and staff, have periods when things don't go right, but its the long term that matters and I am with HC on this. KJ has proved how good he is and is not the paymaster who decides who we sign and on what wages + he certainly isn't the one who injured Danny Batth or Dicko, which has cost us dear both in terms of attack and defence and is still doing so.
Injuries are part of the game and every club knows that. It however seems to be Jackett's choice not to allow for that in his squad whereas most other clubs of our size do.
And how exactly has Kenny proved he is a good manager at championship level? All he has done is to do a good job at winning at division one level.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate but way off the mark, I dont agree with a lot of the negativity on here but there complaining because we are losing and playing poor football, do you really think they would be complaining g if we were doing well?

There may be mutterings in the crowd of unhappiness but the chanting is all supportive and that includes many on here who are negative, I disagree with plenty on here but saying they want the team to fail is just ridiculous.

Let's see if we go a goal or two behind on Saturday, as some on here believe it could turn unsavoury.

Regarding my last point, it should have read "manager" (not team, my mistake) as it cannot be denied that there are a few who want rid of KJ right now, a view I don't particularly share at this moment.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jackett said we are aiming for promotion
Jackett said he is happy with the squad
Jacket has disposed of key players and not signed others for "football reasons"

Buck stops with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Something not right behind the scenes and KJ's post match comments looked to be aimed not so subtly at our owner and FC,

The fact is we have lost good players, Sako's contract ran out, nothing he can do about that, and I would be extremely suprised if he wasn't lent on regarding Stearman's departure, No manager looking genuinely for promotion would have made that decision so I don't see it myself.

At this stage I feel he is just becoming the puppet...the strings are being moved from above and we all know who by. We have only had 7 games out of 46 this season so all the talk about a possible relegation battle is just pant wetting nonsense at this stage.

He isn't a bloody miracle worker anyone can see this squad cannot get promoted in its current state and he won't be backed with the kind of cash and wage structure we see from other clubs like the one that just spanked us, that isn's his fault either and when you only have the $$$$ from the bottom of the barrel left to choose from because of it, it is harsh to lay the lack of good signings on him as well, do you honestly think quality players are out there ready to drop their current wages to come here out of the goodness of their hearts?

Too many short memories on here we could easily still be stuck in League one like the Blades but instead he hauled us out with record points and then was unlucky not to feature in the playoffs last season. Blame the obvious lack of ambition from the upper hierarchy rather than look for the easy scapegoat who has done bloody good work for this club for the last couple of years.

If we are bottom of the league at Xmas then fine, start seriously worrying but I can't see that happening, we will be sat mid table which is exactly where any manager would manage to put this mostly young and inexperienced side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It WAS flowing football. It WAS passing football. It WAS modern. But that was last season. And even then we had periods of dross last season and this season there has been nothing to hang your hat on whatsoever. The style is crap, it's lump it long and we've abandoned the playing out from the back

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all a bit ropey at the moment but I'm not particularly tired of him yet. Come on Kenny sort it like you did after last November!

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades

I agree with your sentiment and I too think we have a good manager, the last two seasons prove that....

However the South Bank got right behind the team on Saturday as the kids dug in. I am sure the same will happen at Preston, the away fans get right behind the team too, we even have North Bankers singing :D

R

reanswolf

Who's choice was it to spunk £2 million on a central mid that we didn't need?
Who's choice was it to sell stearman?
Who turned down Sammy Ameiobi?
Who shoehorned a complete donkey into the side at every opportunity?
Who played a winger who can't score for toffee up front last night?

Thing is we don't know whose fault or responsibility it was. KJ can't or won't tell the truth. We know Moxey will spin and spin the truth.

Are we any closer to learning why Stears was sold? Who made the final decision? Was KJ persuaded by Moxey as "the size of the offer made all the difference?" What does "sold for footballing reasons" mean?

Do we know why a left sided midfielder has not been brought in? Were KJ's choices deemed too expensive?

I actually agree that a new central midfielder WAS needed alongside KMAC, not as urgently as a left sided Sako replacement I agree.

KJ's midfield buys of late have been no improvement disappointingly on what we have - Saville, Rowe and now Coady look distinctly average. That would be my main gripe with KJ, and his weird formations of late. Actions of a very frustrated, considerably hindered, but talented manager.

He has hinted yet "again" with his comments about Middlesboro that there are limitations for him at Wolves, just as he previously hinted his frustration when he talked of the club having to make "big decisions". These comments are always followed by clarification, acting I suspect upon instruction from Moxey.

R

reanswolf

This in Spades

I agree with your sentiment and I too think we have a good manager, the last two seasons prove that....

However the South Bank got right behind the team on Saturday as the kids dug in. I am sure the same will happen at Preston, the away fans get right behind the team too, we even have North Bankers singing :D

I foresee some anti-Moxey and Morgan songs at games if this continues. I know there is also some frustration with KJ but I think it is the 2 M's who will feel the brunt of any frustration if things continue to fall apart.

I do want Moxey out but I hope it doesn't turn nasty and we get a few wins under our belts. But that would only be denying the inevitable & underlying cause.

M

Moaney Moar Wolves

This in Spades

Agreed, it will take time for the young players to gain experience, confidence needs to be built but the managers record with Wolves is good people seem to forget 2 seasons and get hysterical about a few games.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I foresee some anti-Moxey and Morgan songs at games if this continues. I know there is also some frustration with KJ but I think it is the 2 M's who will feel the brunt of any frustration if things continue to fall apart.

I do want Moxey out but I hope it doesn't turn nasty and we get a few wins under our belts. But that would only be denying the inevitable & underlying cause.

Agreed mate

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This in Spades

The last two seasons prove we won league one with the bet squad by a country mile and came 7th in a poor league largely thanks to sako talent .

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can I add that the football under McCarthy in the Championship (not Premier League) was exciting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom