Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jacket IN!!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The partnership of havoc and mayhem was good. I would have been one of Merlins critics because of my doubts about him but there were also some good factors.
Did we ever find a left back??:eek:

E

Essex Wolf

Agreed, it will take time for the young players to gain experience, confidence needs to be built but the managers record with Wolves is good people seem to forget 2 seasons and get hysterical about a few games.

Wolves won L1 with ease at the end of the day but had by far and away the best squad in the whole league. Not knocking KJ here but hardly a massive achievement.

Last season the club missed out through a lack of taking action when it was needed. Up to individuals to decide who they feel or believe is to blame.

Now for this season. You say people seem to forget about a few games. Wolves have played 10 games all in all so far MMW which is a decent number to at least start having an idea from.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I support KJ totally at the moment. If we go on an abysmal run between now and late November then ONLY THEN should we be considering his position and we are an awful long way off that IMO.

Yes the balance is wrong, yes some of his selections and tactics have been wrong but he is a long way off losing the plot. I have every confidence in his ability to sort the current mini crisis out.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

he ballsed up last season with his scattergun tinkerman selection madness and he's even crazier this season.
face facts, he's going to take us down - get rid before it's too late

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In support of KJ right now, but I don't think he's helping his cause - ie saw the headline on WOW re cup cheer then with that line up we were basically conceding the game before a ball had been kicked.

What I'm not sure re recent transfer activity (both ins & outs) is to what extent he's just towing the line to maintain inner harmony within the club or he's actually spouting what he believes to be the truth, with this comments re the sale of Stearman testing his credibility the most.

Unfortunately though, a little bit a la Mick in the premier league, since we've come up he's made one good stand out signing whereas he otherwise seems to be adding stocking fillers to the squad instead of making less signings carrying more substance.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are having a bad time of it. We need to back the manager, not sack him.

By back, I mean us fans there (obviously the board need to aswell)

The Solbakken and Saunders sacking were absolutely necessary because it was patently obvious the players was not on the same page as him, or responding to him, even playing for him. This is not the case for Kenny Jackett at all. He is the most football minded-intelligent manager we have had since Glenn Hoddle, but what Hoddle lacked in general respect for the club and man management skills Jackett actually does possesses - he may not be displaying all of those right now but as I say, he is having a difficult time so we need to stick by him.

Sacking him would set us back 10 years. Those suggesting it need a serious reality check. If sacking is the answer, what exactly is the question?

E

Essex Wolf

he ballsed up last season with his scattergun tinkerman selection madness and he's even crazier this season.
face facts, he's going to take us down - get rid before it's too late

When put like that WW it does make you raise your eyebrows and wonder.

I have already voiced concerns about relegation but some seem to think it won't/can't happen. As they say assumption is the mother of all **** ups and negative as it sounds I've already written this season of in terms of a promotion challenge. I'm of the mind to think championship survival will be success at the end of this season. How bloody sad is that!

E

Essex Wolf

Walsall, just asking mate but do you really feel KJ has the players support? I ask as your comments tend to indicate the players are following/understanding him and they are with him?

Supporter wise there is no doubt attitude towards KJ is changing and mixed to say the least. I still want him to succeed and have some faith left but won't deny it's waning and fast. From what I've seen in some games I'm not convinced some players are with him at all.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall, just asking mate but do you really feel KJ has the players support? I ask as your comments tend to indicate the players are following/understanding him and they are with him?

Supporter wise there is no doubt attitude towards KJ is changing and mixed to say the least. I still want him to succeed and have some faith left but won't deny it's waning and fast. From what I've seen in some games I'm not convinced some players are with him at all.

General body language suggests so for me. He has made mistakes and some may not be onside (as it stands) but generally the commitment still seems to be there.

D

Deleted member 3518

We are having a bad time of it. We need to back the manager, not sack him.

By back, I mean us fans there (obviously the board need to aswell)

The Solbakken and Saunders sacking were absolutely necessary because it was patently obvious the players was not on the same page as him, or responding to him, even playing for him. This is not the case for Kenny Jackett at all. He is the most football minded-intelligent manager we have had since Glenn Hoddle, but what Hoddle lacked in general respect for the club and man management skills Jackett actually does possesses - he may not be displaying all of those right now but as I say, he is having a difficult time so we need to stick by him.

Sacking him would set us back 10 years. Those suggesting it need a serious reality check. If sacking is the answer, what exactly is the question?

Is anyone, in your opinion, either accountable or responsible for the current mess we find ourselves in?:confused:

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enough of the jacket out posts! He is a great manager, compare our flowing and passing football against MCCarthy and Saunders crap! It is modern and majority of teams play like this.

The problem we have is funding replacement players and wages!

How were we meant to replace Sako with low wage offerings and poxy bids? That is moxey Morgan and thelwell at fault here! NOT jacket.

Those going to Preston must get behind Kenny and show him we do back HIM
Positive post, but surely you meant free flowing and passing football in League 1 and at times last season? This season we have seen it for 30 mins against QPR only.

E

Essex Wolf

General body language suggests so for me. He has made mistakes and some may not be onside (as it stands) but generally the commitment still seems to be there.

Hope you are right, want you be right and if things improve you could well be WW and I'd be more than happy but if the performance and or result at PNE indicate otherwise then not sure for all my hoping things will change.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is anyone, in your opinion, either accountable or responsible for the current mess we find ourselves in?:confused:

I think I know your trying not to be condescending, but you sound like you sound like you are at times with the above comment.

On the flipside do you believe the whole lot should be sacked? Jackett, Morgan & Moxey? Just sack the lot? After 7 games? On the back of romping one league and missing out on the play-offs by a handful of goals within 2 years?

I said we are having a bad time. Clearly I acknowledged that. I am not enjoying this, particularly when last night was the first game I have not witnessed in the flesh. Believe me, I didn't forget about the Bolton performance once I got off the M6. It is still fresh in the mind.

I just don't believe sacking is the answer mate.

For your actual question - I believe everyone is accountable. Collectively, we have made a real mess of things. But why cant we just have some faith in that between them they will put things right? If things are still this bad in another 12 months then yes, get the broom out and lets sweep things up and demand changes. Now you may claim that may be a happy clappers no blamers POV, but having said that - it may also be a well we are only 7 games in 2 months into the season view & lets just give this man (which he has earnt) the right to get us out of it.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, as an aside point - to put this so called "mess" into perspective.. Derby, the club many on here enjoy getting there penis out over, are only 3 points infront of us, and we have a game in hand.

D

Deleted member 3518

I think I know your trying not to be condescending, but you sound like you sound like you are at times with the above comment.

On the flipside do you believe the whole lot should be sacked? Jackett, Morgan & Moxey? Just sack the lot? After 7 games? On the back of romping one league and missing out on the play-offs by a handful of goals within 2 years?

I said we are having a bad time. Clearly I acknowledged that. I am not enjoying this, particularly when last night was the first game I have not witnessed in the flesh. Believe me, I didn't forget about the Bolton performance once I got off the M6. It is still fresh in the mind.

For your actual question - I believe everyone is accountable. Collectively, we have made a real mess of things. But why cant we just have some faith in that between them they will put things right? If things are still this bad in another 12 months then yes, get the broom out and lets sweep things up and demand changes. Now you may claim that may be a happy clappers no blamers POV, but having said that - it may also be a well we are only 7 games in 2 months into the season view & lets just give this man (which he has earnt) the right to get us out of it.

Not meant to be condescending at all, but think the problems run much deeper than you. Think KJ has underperformed recently and his ever more nonsensical public utterances are bound to attract criticism. But my main concern is that it's becoming ever more apparent that M&M are wholly unsuitable/incompetent custodians of our football club.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, as an aside point - to put this so called "mess" into perspective.. Derby, the club many on here enjoy getting there penis out over, are only 3 points infront of us, and we have a game in hand.
Penis out.....game in hand.........choice of words Wallsall.:goodnight:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not meant to be condescending at all, but think the problems run much deeper than you. Think KJ has underperformed recently and his ever more nonsensical public utterances are bound to attract criticism. But my main concern is that it's becoming ever more apparent that M&M are wholly unsuitable/incompetent custodians of our football club.

We definatly agree to disagree on the ownership, the fact so many others are on your side of the fence may even suggest your right. However, I think Jackett should be afforded more time to get things right on the pitch.

goldenwolf69

Reaction score
We have lost our star player who has NOT replaced as promised.

We have lost our player of the season (undoubtedly money reasons)

We have been very unlucky with injuries, especially to Dicko.

We have completed our transfer activity with a mammoth net spend of a measly £1million.

We are a much weaker team whilst the majority of the sides in this division have significantly strengthened.

Money restrictions mean we have to now shop in the 3rd and 4th divisions for new players.

KJ's comments last night proved his frustration and were obviously directed at SM.

Many supporters have a very short memory and forget that KJ totally turned around the fortunes of our club. We were playing hoofball and in freefall with a load of mercenaries. He got us playing excellent football and gave some youngsters their big chance. Had he been backed properly last season we would have been in The Premiership now. Instead the quality side he built has been decimated and we are in real danger of being involved in yet another relegation struggle.
What is SM playing at ? Why is he not investing in the team ?
KJ was told nothing less than a play-off place was expected yet he has been backed with some petty cash. It beggars belief when we have just saved in excess of £7million on our yearly wage bill and received an £8million parachute payment; where is this money being spent ?

There is only one way forward and that is for all supporters to back Kenny and the players, whilst SM backs Kenny financially.
A few quality/experienced players in on loan asap is a must for now.
Over to Mr Morgan.

D

Deleted member 3518

We definatly agree to disagree on the ownership, the fact so many others are on your side of the fence may even suggest your right. However, I think Jackett should be afforded more time to get things right on the pitch.

Agree about Jackett but think he needs to stick with a formation and put round pegs in round holes. Saturday is an opportunity for him, lets's pray he takes it.

M

Mr Wolf

Get real GW69 he's playing an awful formation & wasted whatever money or loans he's had on players that are not very good once again.

D

Dougan was king

He is turning us into milwall,lack of quality and no ambition.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Exactly, what would another £10m mean players like Mason for £3m, Delort or more Savilles & over priced Coadys coming in.

Or it could mean another Afobe, McDonald, Hause or Dicko. Who knows eh?

Probably depend on the wages we were offering.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get real GW69 he's playing an awful formation & wasted whatever money or loans he's had on players that are not very good once again.

Nail on head!!! Anyone defending his awful formation, tactics and personnel let alone HIS players he's brought in mental!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have lost our star player who has NOT replaced as promised.

We have lost our player of the season (undoubtedly money reasons)

We have been very unlucky with injuries, especially to Dicko.

We have completed our transfer activity with a mammoth net spend of a measly £1million.

We are a much weaker team whilst the majority of the sides in this division have significantly strengthened.

Money restrictions mean we have to now shop in the 3rd and 4th divisions for new players.

KJ's comments last night proved his frustration and were obviously directed at SM.

Many supporters have a very short memory and forget that KJ totally turned around the fortunes of our club. We were playing hoofball and in freefall with a load of mercenaries. He got us playing excellent football and gave some youngsters their big chance. Had he been backed properly last season we would have been in The Premiership now. Instead the quality side he built has been decimated and we are in real danger of being involved in yet another relegation struggle.
What is SM playing at ? Why is he not investing in the team ?
KJ was told nothing less than a play-off place was expected yet he has been backed with some petty cash. It beggars belief when we have just saved in excess of £7million on our yearly wage bill and received an £8million parachute payment; where is this money being spent ?

There is only one way forward and that is for all supporters to back Kenny and the players, whilst SM backs Kenny financially.
A few quality/experienced players in on loan asap is a must for now.
Over to Mr Morgan.

Kenny spunked £3 million on a centre mid and a right winger that we didn't need. Surely in the whole world of football we could have found a decent left winger for £3 million?

D

Deleted member 3518

He is turning us into milwall,lack of quality and no ambition.

The problem is with the new set-up there's no transparency and therefore no clarity to know who to blame. The transfer activity has been $$$$ but is that down to KJ, KT or the best in the business? Sack one, sack all in my opinion.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

Great post Walsall. Exactly as I see it.

M

Mr Wolf

Or it could mean another Afobe, McDonald, Hause or Dicko. Who knows eh?

Probably depend on the wages we were offering.

Why would you need to spend millions on more McDonalds, Hauses & Dickos then when they all cost less than Byrne combined?

Yeah I mean there have been no quality players earning under 12k in this league ever has there.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Why would you need to spend millions on more McDonalds, Hauses & Dickos then when they all cost less than Byrne combined?

Yeah I mean there have been no quality players earning under 12k in this league ever has there.

I wasn't the one saying give him another £10m to spend on the likes of Delort etc...

I'm just surprised that having said we would spend whatever necessary to replace Sako and have a real go at promotion that our net spend has been £600k (and over Jackett's time here is negative).

And of course there have been good players on less than that. But likewise, a lot of those that are on higher than that (or demand higher) tend to be the more proven match-winners (Ince, Antonio, Rhodes etc).

What's with the Nathan Byrne hate by the way?

R

reanswolf

Great post Walsall. Exactly as I see it.

I'm sorry Tring and Walsall - both are amongst the posters I respect most - but surely you can't still be saying ""see where we are in 12 months"?

Too many blatant mistakes have been made over the past 16 months. And I'm not blaming KJ in the main - I would put the split of blame at 70% M & M, 30% KJ.

I don't want KJ out - but things ought to come to head before another 12 months is up.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet you vigorously defend Moxey.:confused:

I don't defend moxey at all? I just don't see how many things that are unrelated to his actual role are his fault. Many of which he gets abuse for. He's been blamed for: the budget, the wage cap ( if there is one ), missing out on wood, sako being allowed to leave for free, not selling sako last Jan rather than letting him go for nothing! sako not being replaced, Danny graham and sagbo last season, the lack of striker coming in last summer the pathetic list goes on and on. I don't like the bloke, I don't know him but he's just an easy target and that's all I ever point out. Chill. Things in Jacketts control and remit as manager have gone tits up so yes, those things he CAN be blamed for and he should be. Blaming moxey for getting a $$$$ing helicopter to last nights match sums up some on here and the pathetic view they have. Sorry buts its true.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't defend moxey at all? I just don't see how many things that are unrelated to his actual role are his fault. Many of which he gets abuse for. He's been blamed for: the budget, the wage cap ( if there is one ), missing out on wood, sako being allowed to leave for free, not selling sako last Jan rather than letting him go for nothing! sako not being replaced, Danny graham and sagbo last season, the lack of striker coming in last summer the pathetic list goes on and on. I don't like the bloke, I don't know him but he's just an easy target and that's all I ever point out. Chill. Things in Jacketts control and remit as manager have gone tits up so yes, those things he CAN be blamed for and he should be. Blaming moxey for getting a $$$$ing helicopter to last nights match sums up some on here and the pathetic view they have. Sorry buts its true.
You left out his part in Syria and Corbyn getting elected.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry Tring and Walsall - both are amongst the posters I respect most - but surely you can't still be saying ""see where we are in 12 months"?

Too many blatant mistakes have been made over the past 16 months. And I'm not blaming KJ in the main - I would put the split of blame at 70% M & M, 30% KJ.

I don't want KJ out - but things ought to come to head before another 12 months is up.

Agree, he has until the new year to at least pick up from this surprisingly awful start, if we continue to fall then he goes, if we settle at just below mid table by Xmas then it prolongs it till the end of the season. If we are still around that place then then he has to go as new impetus is required to get this group going again. I just believe his limited ideas have been used up

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm certainly in favour of the balance that Walsall and Tring are trying to bring to the debate. I can't get away from a question I've asked twice today on the OUT thread...

Given the supposed negativity in which the club is perceived in the rest of the football world (cue the alleged Allardyce Poison Chalice comment) and what we know to be Morgan's financial lockdown, who of proven experience and ability would be willing to take us on ? Where are the names ? I've read the analysis of what's wrong from some very passionate and articulate posters for over a week now...but still no realistic names to replace Kenny ?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

Hi Reans. I always think we should be reviewing progress on a continual basis but trying to look at the bigger picture, we have had 2 years of real progress which I would be loathe to risk after just seven games.

We've been pretty uninspiring lately but I can't think of any other Manager that has effectively been without 5 of his best players from last year. I also think he has been let down criminally by our Recruitment Team on the Sako front, which has directly led to a lot of the 'tinkering' that we have seen so far this year.

Given his achievements so far, I certainly think he has earnt and deserves another window in January to try and help sort things out. If by February/March time, there has been no progress, then I'd start to look at possible alternatives by the Summer. Even if we finished mid-table, I would probably be inclined to give him another go next year.

We went for knee-jerk, short-term reactions two years ago and are still counting the cost of that now. So I'm probably a bit overcautious about getting rid of somebody who has proven themselves to be a good fit for the Club and the direction in which the Board have decided to go.

Back
Top Bottom